Sequel: Wanted You More
Status: Being written :)

Next To Me

One

Nicole:

I thought I was in love, I thought that he was THE one. I guess not. When I found out I was pregnant I told him and he left. He said he didn't want to worry about taking care of a kid. We were seventeen then, we were still young. I had to raise our son on my own. I've tried having relationships, but no guy wants to get involved with a girl that has a kid. Well, I though that, but when I met Taylor i started to think maybe there was someone who could change that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had been friends with Jordan Eberle for many years. We were best friends. One day he invited me to come over his apartment to watch a movie with some friends. Luckily I got someone to babysit Mason for me so I could go. I got there and I knew everyone there, except for a one person. He was tall, had blonde hair, a cute smile, and looked like he played sports. I had never met him before, I was sure I knew most of Jordan's friends. "Hey Nicole!" I hugged Jordan. "Hey, thanks for inviting me." "No problem, thanks for coming." "Your welcome. Say Jordan, who is that over there?" "Oh I totally forgot you two haven't met before. Come on let me introduce you." He pulled me over to the boy. "Taylor, this is my friend Nicole. Nicole, this is Taylor." Jordan walked away after introducing us. "Nice to meet you." He shook my hand and smiled.

"It's funny, I thought I knew all of Jordan's friends." I laughed. "Same here. How do you know Jordan?" "Um, I play on the oilers with him." I couldn't believe I didn't recognize this guy right away. "Wait you are Taylor Hall?" "Yeah, that's me. You didn't recognize me?" "No, well. I mean I haven't ever really seen you without a helmet on." "Oh, well how do you know Jordan?" "He and I met through friends a few years back and we have been friends since." "Cool." We all sat in the living room once everyone had arrived and we started watching the movie. We were watching Miracle. I had seen the movie before, and I had a good feeling Jordan or Taylor picked it out, but no one was complaining. I sat next to Taylor and it was a bit awkward, I mean I definitely thought he was cute, but I didn't know what he thought of me.

Halfway through the movie Jordan paused it so everyone could refill on drinks and get food out of the kitchen if they wanted it. I was sitting next to Taylor and we were talking about random things. He seemed like a really nice guy. "Hey Nicole, where is Mason?" While I have been hanging out with friends it made me forget my son was at home with the babysitter. "Oh, I would have brought him, but he hasn't been feeling well lately. So he is at home." "Oh that's to bad. I miss that guy." "He misses you too Jordan." He shot me a smile from the kitchen. "I'm gonna grab a drink really quick, do you want anything?" "Oh no thanks Taylor. I'm good." Taylor went in the kitchen and we all waited for him and Jordan to come back out so we could play the movie.

Taylor:

Mason? Who is this Mason guy? I don't think Nicole would be flirting with me is she had a boyfriend. I mean I have been flirting back, I would never do that if she had a boyfriend. I have to figure this out. I got up to get another drink so I could talk to Ebs. "Hey Jordan, can I ask you something?" "Sure dude. What is it?" I looked over at Nicole. "Does Nicole have a boyfriend?" "No, she hasn't had one for awhile. You got your eye on her?" "Yeah, sort of." "Go for it man. I think you guys would be a good match." "Thanks man." I walked back over and sat next to Nicole. I gave her a smile and she smiled back. Maybe Mason is a brother? Ebs would know if she was dating someone.

Once the movie was over I didn't even notice that Nicole had fallen asleep on my shoulder. "Hey Nicole, the movie is over." She woke up and sat up on the couch. "I didn't even notice you fell asleep." "I wasn't even that tired." We both laughed. People started leaving but Nicole hung around. "Hey Jordan, do you think I could get a ride home? I walked since you had everybody over earlier then normal. "Um, I had a little too much to drink I don't think I can drive. Taylor could do it." Nicole looked over at me. "I wouldn't mind driving you." "Really?" "Yeah it's no problem." "Thank you Taylor." Taylor grabbed his keys and we headed out.

"Thanks again for giving me a ride." "Oh it's no problem at all." I looked at her and smiled. "So, what are you doing tomorrow?" "Nothing." "I don't have practice and I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go to lunch." "Are you asking me on a date?" "Maybe, if you say yes." "Yes, I would like that." "Cool, how about I pick you up around noon-ish?" "Sounds good." We pulled up to her apartment and before she got out she handed me a piece of paper. "What's this?" "My number so you can let me knwo when you are on you way." "Oh okay. Thanks." "Bye Taylor. See you tomorrow." "Bye see you tomorrow." Maybe tomorrow I can figure out who this Mason guy is.

Nicole:

I was happy to be back home with Mason. I like hanging out with friends every once and a while, but I love coming home and being with my son. I walked inside and Mason came running up to me. "Mommy!" I picked him up and gave him a kiss. "Hey Mase. Did you have fun with Kelly?" "Yeah, we played toys." "You played toys?" I walked over and gave Kelly the money I owed her baby sitting. "Thank you so much for baby sitting last minute." "Oh it's no problem. Bye Mase." "Bye!" Kelly left and I went in my room to change. "Hey Mase, guess what." "What?" He came running into my room. "Mommy is going to lunch with a boy tomorrow." "I go?" He pointed to himself and I couldn't help but laugh. I walked over and picked him up.

"Not tomorrow Mase, but maybe in the future if things work out you can meet this guy." "Okay." I carried him into the living room and I let him play a little more while I watched some tv. My phone went off on the counter and I walked over while Mason was making to cars crash into each other. It was a text from Taylor. I saved his number in my contacts then looked at the message.

New Text: Taylor Hall
Hey I can't stop thinking about this. Who is Mason?"


Sent Message:
Come by a little earlier tomorrow and you can meet him. Maybe he can even come to lunch with us.


I was excited but nervous for Taylor to meet Mason. I don't know if he will be okay that I have a son, but I really hope he will give me a chance and that he can get along with Mason.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter. comments please?