Sequel: Wanted You More
Status: Being written :)

Next To Me

Eleven

Nicole:

Taylor and I went into my room and laid down after Mason went to sleep. "Taylor, you have no idea how happy I am to have you back and know that you are okay." I wrapped my arms around him and he kissed my forehead. "Trust me, I do. I was thinking about what your reaction would be when you found out." "Well if you thought it would be crying my eyes out on the phone with Ebs, then you were right." "I didn't think that exactly, but it's close. So where were you guys coming from? Was Mason spending a few days at Beau's?" "Um, well he probably won't be going over there for awhile." I sat up on my bed and Taylor looked at me confused. "Why? What happened?" "Well, when I found out you were injured I just really needed someone to talk to, but anyone that I could think of was on the road trip. So we went over to Beau's so I could talk to him."

"And? What does that have to do with Mason not going over there?" "I'm getting there." I gave him a smile and he laughed. "Mason went to play in his room and I talked to Beau for awhile. I eventually started asking him about why he left me when I told him I was pregnant. He mentioned how he thought I hated him and I wouldn't let him see Mason when he was born. I told him I could never hate him and I would always love him and have a place in my heart for him, because he is the father of my child. And then he kissed me." "He kissed you?" Taylor sat up confused and I was nervous for his reaction. "Yeah, he doesn't know why he did it and I don't know either. So after he apologized, he left the room and went to check on Mason. When he went in his room Mason was crying and didn't want Beau talking to him, Mason saw Beau kiss me."

"What did he say?" "Well, Beau tried to explain it was just a mistake and then Mason told him, you're not supposed to kiss mommy, Taylor is supposed to kiss mommy." Taylor sighed and looked at the floor. "I just, I wanted so badly for my son to have a good relationship with his dad, but now he has caught on that we aren't together and thinks we aren't supposed to be. And now, I'm just afraid he will hate his dad or something." "He won't hate Beau, trust me." Taylor pulled me in for a hug. "How about I talk to him? Try and convince him to come around."

"If you think you can fix things then go right ahead." I gave him a sincere smile and he gave me a kiss. "I just feel terrible." "Look, Mason is a kid. Kids say and do things they don't mean sometimes." "No not about that. I told Beau he shouldn't have asked to be traded here. I could tell by his reaction it crushed him. I said it out of anger and sadness. I only said it because that way we would have been able to avoid this whole situation, but I didn't mean it in a way like, I don't want you seeing your son."

"I'm sure Beau knew you were upset. But, you can fix this, everything will be back to the way it was. Trust me." "How do you know that?" "Because you had a child at seventeen, graduated high school on time, and you did it without help. I think you can do almost anything if you did that." I gave him a kiss. "Thank you." "Your welcome." We fell asleep and I kept thinking about how I would fix this whole situation. I don't want Mason to think his dad is a bad person for what happened, I just hope everything can be some what normal again.

~~~~~~~~

Taylor:

I woke Mason up the next day and decided to take him out for a guy's day to try and convince him that what happened between Beau and Nicole wasn't bad, it was just a mistake. "Taylor where are we going?" "I thought we could just have a guy's day. We are going to breakfast right now." "Oh okay." We got to the restaurant and sat at our table. "So Mase, what happened at Daddy's house the other day?" He looked at me with a sad face. "Daddy kissed mommy. He's not supposed to kiss mommy." "Why isn't he supposed to kiss mommy?" "Well you are, but he isn't." "Why buddy?" "Cause you love mommy, but mommy and daddy don't love each other." I sighed, this is what Nicole was afraid of. "Why do you think they don't love each other?" "Cause they never say it. And they don't act like it." "Mase, your mom and dad love each other, but their love is different from how I love your mom."

"What do you mean?" "Well, they love each other, but they can't be together. Sort of like forbidden love I guess." "Like it's not allowed to happen?" "Yeah, like that." "But they still like each other, like friends?" "Yeah. And when your dad kissed your mom, he forgot that they couldn't be together and just made a little mistake. So do you think you could forgive him?" "I guess. As long as he promises to never do it again cause mommy loves you and not him, well at least not like, love-love him. Right?" "Sure buddy." I messed with his hair and we finished our breakfast.

We walked out to my car and I decided to take Mason to see Beau. "Are we at my dad's house?" "Yupp." We got out of the car and Mason ran up to the door. He knocked and when Beau opened the door Mason jumped into his arms. "I'm sorry daddy." Beau picked him up and kissed his cheek. "I'm sorry too buddy." Mason looked at him and smiled. "You don't have to be sorry dad, you just made a mistake, everybody makes mistakes." He gave him another hug and then Beau put him down. I walked toward him and gave him a smile as Mason ran inside. "I talked to him about what happened. I explained that what happened was just a mistake." "Thanks. Taylor, I really didn't mean to kiss her, it was just in the moment and I shouldn't have done it." "Beau, it's fine. I get it, I'm not mad. Like Mason said, it was just a mistake." I gave him a smile and we headed inside.

Mase played with some toys for a bit and we just hung out. It was actually kind of fun hanging out with Mason and Beau. It's nice to see how he interacts with me and his father. I know Nicole will be thrilled to hear that Mason has forgiven Beau and they are getting along just fine. Looks like everything is back to normal again, but not for long since Mason is starting school soon. Hopefully he likes going and doesn't have a hard time being away for a few hours each day. It will be hard seeing him go off to school, but he has to grow up.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry!!!! I haven't updated in forever!!! I made a sequel to this story!!!!! Yay!!!! It is going to be the story of when Nicole and Beau were together and I think you guys will like it a lot! So hopefully you will check it out. First chapter of that should be up before I log off tonight so make sure to look for it. Comments?? Thank again!