Sequel: Wanted You More
Status: Being written :)

Next To Me

Twelve

Nicole:

I was thrilled when Taylor told me everything was fixed between Mason and Beau. I'm so glad they worked things especially since Mason is starting Preschool today. He was nervous last night, but I told him Taylor would be there with me to pick him up after his practice, that made him happy. I woke up and went into his room to get him. When I went in he was sitting on the floor in his pajamas playing with his cars. "Mase, what are you doing?" "I woke up awhile ago, but didn't want to wake you up." "Oh thank you buddy, but you could have gotten me up." I gave him a kiss and took him into the kitchen to get breakfast. "So Mase you excited for school?" "Yeah, do you think they will have cars there?" "I'm sure they will have some cars." I gave him his cereal and he started eating. "I will be back Mase, I'm going to grab my phone." He gave me a thumbs up as he chewed his food. I unplugged my phone and I had a text message from Taylor.

Hey, it sucks that I can't drive him on his first day, but I hope he has fun and doesn't replace me with a new best friend. Tell him I love him and I will see him after! Love you. I walked back in and Mase was drinking the milk out of his bowl. "You must have been hungry?" "Just a little." "Taylor says he's sorry he can't take this morning, but he says he loves you and he will see you after." "Cool. Can we go to Ebly's after?" He hoped off his chair and ran over to me. "I don't know Mase, we have to see daddy later too." "Oh right. then can we go to Ebly's?" He gave me a cheesy smile and I just laughed. "Maybe. Let's go get you dressed." I got Mason changed and it was almost time for him to leave for school. "Wait, before you go we have to take a picture Mase." "Mom really?" "Yes it's your first day of school. Just stand right here against the wall." He stomped over to the wall. "It's one picture Mase, just smile please." I pulled up the camera on my phone and took the picture. "Aw, you look like a stud." He laughed and we headed out to the car.

"Here we go Mase, heading off to school." "Yeah. I'm excited." "Me too buddy." We took the short drive to his school and I pulled into the parking lot. "It looks big." "Don't worry, you will be just fine." I got him out of the car and we walked around the car and Mason saw the surprise I had planned for him. "Daddy!" He ran over to Beau who was waiting by the front door of the school. "Hey bud." "What are you doing here?" "I'm here to check out school with you." Mason turned back and looked at me. "Mommy, you said we were gonna see daddy later, not at school." "Surprise!" Beau picked Mason up and we headed inside. We went to the front desk and Mason was looking around at all the classrooms. "Hello how are you guys?" "Good, how are you?" "Excellent, excited for another school year. And who is this little guy?" "This is Mason Abrams." "Ah yes, we talked on the phone right?" "Yes we did." "Okay well if you two follow me this way I will show you Mason's classroom and then I will take you two on a tour." "Sounds good."

We took Mason into his room and he immediately ran toward the cars. "Oh he loves cars." "Does he?" "He's obsessed." "This is Mrs.Andrews she is the main teacher for this classroom, but there are a few other teachers the rotate and help different days." "Okay. Nice to meet you I'm Nicole." "Nicole nice to meet you." "I'm Beau, nice to meet you." "Nice to meet you Beau. Well he is in good hands and it looks like he is fine with you guys leaving." We all laughed as we looked at Mason playing cars with another toddler. "Well, if you guys want I can take you on the tour now and then I will give you some papers when we get back up front and then I think that will be it." "Let's go."

The tour went great and the school really is amazing. I'm happy that I chose this school for Mason. Beau and I each got a set of papers about the school and a few things to fill out and we were ready to go. "So who will be picking him up today? Both of you or?" "Um, my boyfriend and I will be getting him today." "Okay, well we are done at about one today so we will see you at one." "Okay, thank you very much." "Thank you." "You are very welcome, goodbye Nicole, bye Beau." We walked out to our cars and stood outside to talk. "Thanks for letting me come with you." "Well, I really wanted you to be with him when he went in on his first day." "Well, I enjoyed being here." "I'm glad. So you and I will have to get together and make like a schedule of who will pick him up what days and then what time we pick him up from each others houses." "Sounds good." I gave Beau a hug then got in my car. I was happy Mason was surprised when he saw his father. It made him going to school a little easier I think. I hope he has a great first day and I will be counting down the minutes until Taylor and I go to pick him up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update. Maybe some comments please? thank you!!!