Sequel: Wanted You More
Status: Being written :)

Next To Me

Fourteen

Nicole:

I went to Beau's and knocked on the door. "Hey." I let out a sigh, tears still fresh on my cheeks. "Hi." "Come here." He pulled me in for a hug and I just cried. "Nicole, you're gonna be fine." I looked at him and took a deep breath. "You dated me and our relationship had some drama, remember?" I gave him a half hearted smile and he gave a small laugh. He wiped the tears from cheeks. "Just trust me, you'll be okay." He put an arm around my shoulders and we walked in to see Mason watching a reply of an oilers game. "Mommy! Are you okay?" He ran over and gave me a hug. "Yeah, I'm fine now buddy." I gave him a kiss then smiled at Beau. "Good. Mommy look it's Taylor and Jordan on tv!" He pulled me over to the couch. "Oh yeah, it is." Beau sat down next to me and gave me a reassuring smile. We watched the game and I tried to hold back the tears watching Mason cheer for Taylor whenever he touched the puck. "Daddy, can I have a juice box?" "Of course buddy, they're in the fridge." "Okay." Mason jumped off the couch and went to the fridge.

"How can I take him back to Vancouver when loves Taylor so much? I can't take him away from this." I looked at Beau and sighed. "We're leaving?" I looked up at Mason who had come back into the room. "Mase." "We can't leave, what about Taylor? And Jordan?" "Mason, mommy was going to take you on like a vacation." "Yeah, sort of." "Oh." He walked back over and sat on the couch. Beau looked at me and whispered. "Maybe you don't have to leave." "What do you mean?" I looked at him confused. "Stay here, with me." "What? Beau." "Think about it, he can finally be around his dad and mom at the same time." "But we aren't together." "Give it a chance, if it doesn't work, then take him to Vancouver." "I don't know." "Then spend the night, see how it goes and if you want to leave tomorrow, then I won't stop you." I gave him a smile. "Okay, we will spend the night." "We're sleeping over?" "Yes we are Mase." "Yeah!" He ran over and jumped onto Beau. "Oh you're asking for it!" He picked them up and they started wrestling on the floor.

"Okay I give up! I'm too old for this stuff." Mason jumped up and looked at Beau. "Daddy, you're not that old." "Thanks buddy." He messed with his hair and they both sat back on the couch as the game came back on.

(A few hours later)

Beau had a game tonight and he convinced me to take Mason. I was afraid of Taylor seeing us and realizing we didn't go back to Vancouver. Beau waited in the living room while Mason and I changed. "We are ready to go!" We both ran back into the living room and Beau jumped up. "Then let's go." We were trying to hurry so Beau wasn't late. We piled into the car and left. We entered near the locker room and had to say goodbye to Beau. "See you after the game bud." He picked Mason and gave him a kiss. "Good luck dad!" "Thanks buddy." He put him down and smiled at me. "See you after." I gave him a smile and he gave me a hug, then started to walk away. "Beau, wait!" He turned around with a concerned look on his face. "What is it?" I gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Good luck out there." "Thanks." He had a big smile on his face as he walked away. "Let's go to our seats Mase." "Okay!" He grabbed my hand and started pulling me down the hallway. Luckily, our seats were in a suit with some of the other players wives and girlfriends. Mason sat and talked with some of the other kids while I talked with some of my friends.

"I thought you were going back to Vancouver?" I looked at my friend Leah and sighed. "I did too, but Beau convinced me to stay." "Wait, you and Beau?" "He thinks we should try and work things out to be with Mason. He convinced me to stay tonight and see how things go, but if I still want to leave tomorrow then he won't stop me." "Well, how have things been going so far?" "Pretty good. It is really fun seeing how Mason acts when he has both parents around him. I can tell he is really happy that Beau and I seem like we are getting along." "What about Taylor not being around?" "He hasn't said much really, but I am sure he will realize something is up soon." "Do you think you and Beau can work this time around?" "Well, I don't if I am for sure getting back with him or not, but I kind of do. I mean, we both have grown up. And when we first had Mase, neither of us was ready, but now I think Beau really wants to make up for lost time. I'm just not sure how Taylor will feel if he finds out that I didn't go home and I'm back with Beau." "Well, if he does find out, hopefully he talks to you and understands where you are coming from." I gave her a smile and we went back to watching the game.

Once the game was over, Mason dragged me down to the hallway where we wait for Beau as fast as he could. "Hurry up mommy!" "Mase, he won't leave without us calm down buddy." We waited for Beau and I talked to one of the security guards who I have become close to. "Mommy! There's Jordan, can I go say hi? Please!" He was pulling my sleeve and jumping up and down. "Of course! Go!" The security guard and I laughed as he ran over. "Jordan!" "Mason? Hey buddy!" Jordan picked him up and walked over to me. "How's it going bud?" "Good, nice game tonight." "Thanks." He put him down and gave me a hug. "What happened to Vancouver?" "Don't tell Taylor." "I won't, well he might find out on his own, but what happened?" "Beau, convinced me to stay. He wants to try and get along for Mason." "Okay. Well, I understand that, but you Taylor might not like it." "I know, but, Mason really deserves to have his parents in the same place. I can't take him away from what he knows. It would kill him to be away from Beau after he really just got him back." "I agree." "Thanks Jordy." I gave him another hug and Beau came walking over.

"Daddy!" Mason went running over and Beau picked him up. "You like the game?" "Of course. And you scored! That goal was sweet." "Aw, thanks son. Um, Jordan, Taylor said he was coming out right now." "Alright thanks." "Bye Jord." I gave him a hug and he started walking back toward the locker room. I gave Beau a kiss on the cheek and gave him a hug. "Great game!" "thanks, I think you two are my good luck charms." We both laughed. "You kids have fun!" I laughed and looked at Jordan he gave me his gap-toothed smile along with a wink. As I went to turn away I looked past Jordan and saw Taylor come around the corner. He looked at me walking holding onto Mason and Beau's hands. He shot me a half smile and I gave one back. "Everything okay?" Beau looked at me and I shook my head. "Yeah, I'm fine." "Good." He kissed my head and we walked to the car. "Hey Mase, are you hungry?" "Yeah." "You know what that means right?" "KD!" Mason ran to the car as fast as he could chanting K-D, K-D! We laughed and I held onto to Beau's arm as we walked to the car and go home.

Maybe staying here and not separating the family is the right thing to do. I mean, Mason seems really happy that Beau and I are around him at the same time. I'm just wondering what will happen with Taylor, I mean, I expect him to be upset, but leaving really isn't fair to Mason. Hopefully things can stay how they are, I really like having the three of us together, it's just sad it took four years for this to happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here is another update. I am trying to update faster for you readers. My hockey has had me going absolutely crazy lately! Hopefully you guys are still reading this and have an interest in reading this? Could I maybe get some comments on how you feel on the direction this story is going? It would really help in making some more updates for you readers! Thanks!