Status: Finished (:

I Should Tell You.

Clinging a shoulder a leap begins

I woke up the next morning to pounding on my front door. I slowly rolled out of bed, sliding a hoodie over my head. Upon opening the wooden door, I promptly slammed it shut, earning a shout and more pounding. Not wanting to be bothered with drama that early, I turned the radio on and let it blast. Bex jumped on the couch beside me as the knocking stopped. More than relieved, I got up to turn the racket that was coming out of my speakers off.

As I passed by the glass sliding door, I saw him standing there, ready to knock. I slid the door open, and Bex ran out to greet Alex. I, on the other hand, gave him a death glare.

"Can we just talk... Please, Soph?" He begged.
"What is there to talk about, Alex? I made the stupid mistake of falling in love with an asshole, ended up having sex with said asshole, broke up with my boyfriend for that asshole, and not even a day later, asshole gets caught with another girl."
"Sophie, I can explain."
"Alex, don't. It just shows me what would've happened if we were dating. Saves me from more heartache in the future." I said casually, looking out across the lawn.

"Oh my god, would you just cut the shit for one fucking second? I came here to apologize and try to fix this, but if that's how you want to act, then forget it. Go hang out with Petey Ryder for all I care." He spat venomously.
"Maybe I fucking will! At least I know Pete won't fuck me then go kiss another girl like it's nothing! God, you're such an insensitive prick!"
"Good thing we're not dating, I'd hate for you to be with an insensitive prick, Sophie!"

I was beyond able to form a sentence, and tears were forming in my eyes. I just clenched my jaw and turned to go back inside. I called Bex and she ran past me, straight inside. I felt Alex grab my hand. He pulled me into his body and wrapped his arms around me, and let me cry. He kissed my forehead over and over again, mumbling how sorry he was and that things were going to be okay.
I cried for maybe ten minutes before I realized what was happening. I was mad at Alex, so why was I letting him comfort me? I nudged my way out of his grasp and hurried in the house. I took a seat on the couch and Alex sat on the opposite side.

"What are we doing, Soph? We finally have that chance to be together after all this time, and we're fighting. What's wrong with this picture?" He sighed.
"Alex, answer me honestly. Are you ready for a relationship? Are you ready to commit to one person, to me. No more little flings for fun. No more fucking random fans. Can you do that?"
"I... I don't know, Sophie. I want to say yes, more than anything. But this is who I've been for so long now. I want to be with you, and I swear, I'll try my hardest to be only yours. I just don't want to hurt you again..."
"That's not good enough... I wish it was. But saying you'll try to be with only me isn't reassuring me, at all. I don't know if I can trust you with my heart, Alex. I don't," I paused, wiping a tear from his cheek. "I can't get hurt like that again."

He looked up at me with those big brown eyes and just nodded. I wanted Alex, more than anyone, but I didn't want to share him. We sat in silence for maybe ten minutes. His head was in his hands and he looked deep in thought.

"Sophie..."
"What?"
"Let's do it. I love you, I've always loved you, and I know if we're actually together, you're the only one I'd even think about being with." He said, scooting down the couch, taking my hands in his.
"What are you saying, Alex...?"
"Be my girlfriend, Sophie?"
"I swear, Alex. The first time I catch you doing something, I'm gone forever." I threatened, trying not to grin.
"I wouldn't expect anything less. So, what do you say? Are you mine?"

I didn't answer, but instead leaned over and kissed him as passionately as I could. His lips fit mine perfectly, and I just melted. After so many years, I was finally with the guy I wanted to be with. I pulled away as I felt Alex's phone vibrate in his pocket. He apologized before answering.

"Hello?
"Oh, hey Cam."

I shot him a dirty look and pushed his body away from mine as he said her name. Why the hell would he answer her call while he was with me? I was starting to think I made a huge mistake.

"Yeahhh, I'm kinda busy right now.
"With my girlfriend, Sophie."

I couldn't help but smile as he said that. I heard her screech from the other end of the phone and Alex let out a little laugh. I took the phone from his hand and ended the call before things got ugly. I tossed his phone onto the other couch and layed in his lap. He gave me a heart warming smile as he brushed my hair out of my face.

"I'm so glad you're mine, Sophie Annemaria." He whispered softly.
"And I'm glad you're mine, Alexander William."
♠ ♠ ♠
Awhhh! They ended up together! Of course they did. Anyways, short story= completed! Woot.