Status: Active depending on feedback, so comment and subscribe if you like it! :)

Lightweight

Who's Going Home With You Tonight?

To say I was nervous for this game was an understatement. In my head, I was still debating not going even though in 10 minutes I knew Pat was going to come back and knock on the bathroom door to find out if I was finally ready. I was mostly talking myself into going to this game and not disappointing anyone, but what would it mean if I actually went? Would me and Jonathan be friends? Would he think we’re more than friends? Would he ask me out on a date? So many thoughts ran through my mind and I couldn’t think straight or concentrate on what I was doing. I must have applied my eyeshadow 3 times already.

“Are you ready yet?” Pat asked for the 5th time tapping his foot growing more impatient as the seconds ticked by, “If you’re not out of this bathroom in 5 minutes, I’m going to leave without you and you’ll be watching the game on television along with everyone else in Chicago who couldn’t get tickets”

I whipped the door open and there he stood leaning up against the door frame with his arms crossed over his chest, “Oh Mia, really?” He pointed to the mascara that was in my hand, “You look completely fine. Why are you getting so dolled up? Is it because of a certain captain of the Chicago Blackhawks?”

“No” I muttered wanting to slap the smirk off his stupid face, “But if you want to give away my tickets to someone who actually wants to go to this game, please be my guest”

“Oh shut up, you definitely want to go, you’re just being a pain in the ass and not admitting it” He took the mascara out of my hand and threw it in my bag, “Mia, you look fine. You look beautiful. Now can we please go before I’m late?”

I rolled my eyes and closed the bathroom light behind me. I grabbed my bag and began walking out the door to Pat’s car, “Honestly Patrick, I guarantee you we’re going to be the first ones there and we even have to go pick up Whitney. I’m sure your captain will be most pleased with you being the first one there and give you a gold star for it”

He shot me a death glare and I gladly returned a cheeky smile, “I heard you guys had a sleepover” He shot back, keeping his eyes on the road ahead of him with a stupid smirk on his face that I wanted to slap off.

“It was not a sleepover. We were just hanging out and fell asleep on the couch, that’s all. He didn’t even want to hang out with me, he wanted to hang out with you”

“True, but he also told me he had a really good time with you”

“What’s your point?” I asked rolling my eyes. I obviously knew what the whole point of this was and I was getting sick of it real fast.

“Nothing,” He shrugged, never taking his eyes off the road “just felt like telling you” I knew he wasn’t just telling me, this was my best friend, I knew him a hell of a lot better than that, he knew something I didn’t and he had something up his sleeve. Whatever it was, I didn’t know if I wanted to find out.

________________

As I called it, we were the first ones to arrive at the United Center, Pat let us come into the locker room and the only ones already there were Jonathan and Viktor. I immediately walked over to Viktor who just finished putting all hear gear on. I sat down on the bench next to him and nudged him with my knee. He looked up and smiled, “Hey, you made it”

“What was I supposed to do? Watch the game at home all by myself and watch my best friend play when I can be here and watch him play? That’s way better”

He laughed and began to lace up his skates, “So you being here has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Jonathan invited you and gave you 2 free tickets?”

“Nope” I shrugged and let out a sigh, “Maybe, I don’t know. I was debating not coming tonight to be completely honest. I was going to sit in front of the couch and watch some cheesy romantic comedy and get the play by play from Pat after the game, but I was already getting ready and I was rushed out of the house before I could change my mind”

“Maybe you should go over and see Jon, I think he wants to talk to you” He motioned in the direction of where Jonathan was sitting watching us intently, “He’s not going to give up, Mia. Just get it over with, it’s not going to kill you I promise”

“It might” I warned, “And if it does, I’m coming to haunt your ass while you’re sleeping. Sleep with one eye open Stalberg”

He laughed and ruffled my hair before I got up and made my way over to Jonathan. I watched the smile make its way onto his face and I almost wished I was sitting back down. Don’t think about that twinkle in his eye, or how he makes you weak in the knees, or how his shirt is defining every single muscle. “Hey there, superstar. You ready for tonight?” I asked cooly, leaning up against the wall for support just in case he decided to throw me and panty dropping smiles.

“I think so. I think the better question is, are you ready?” He challenged, “I’m pretty good, I don’t think you’re going to be able to keep your eyes off of me” Trust me, I’ll have that problem already.

“I’ve seen your games” I smiled hoping that I wasn’t blushing, but by the smirk on his face I knew I was, “I know what to expect”

“I’m surprised you came. I didn’t think you were going to since you pretty much ignored my texts and calls. Do you wanna explain that?”

I sighed and sat down on the bench across from him, “No, not really. It’s nothing against you Jon, honestly. I just don’t think I’m ready to get close to anyone right now. You’re a great guy I just-”

“Wait” He laughed a little, “Mia, you think I’m trying to hit on you? Don’t take it the wrong way but I know what you’ve been through. I just wanted to be friends, nothing more nothing less”

“Oh,” I said weakly turning as red as a Hawks jersey “I’m sorry, I didn’t expect that. Wow I feel like a complete asshole”

“Don’t worry about it” He laughed sticking out his hand, “Friends?”

I smiled and took his large hand into my small one, “Nothing more, nothing less” The fact that I find you insanely attractive isn’t helping your case with this whole friends thing. But friends could find friends attractive, right?

“Look who’s here!” Brent sat down next to me and put his arm around my shoulders, “What are we talking about?”

“Nothing” I smiled and turned to Brent “How are you? Getting into much trouble lately?”

“Never, Princess” He flicked my nose, “Are you even allowed to be in here? Cover your eyes, the guys are all getting naked” He covered my eyes with his hand and I laughed, “I should probably go find my seats or find Whitney. Kick ass out there boys, someone score a goal for me”

“I’ll score 20 goals for you” Brent called out after me, and I couldn’t wipe the smile off my face those boys were just too much.

I quickly found Whitney 10 minutes later after venturing out from the locker room by myself. No one ever asked me what I was doing there, and I was thankful I didn’t have any explaining to do, “Hey, where did you disappear off to?”

“I was talking to Jonathan and then Brent came over, then I had to find my way to the seats by myself thank you very much for leaving me”

“You actually talked to Jonathan instead of avoiding him?” Her jaw dropped and I rolled my eyes realizing she was being overdramatic, “Sorry, I had to go to the bathroom and I wanted to come find our seats, but it sounds like you did pretty good without me”

My eyes focused on 3 girls about two rows down and I tapped Whitney on the arm, “Is that Marisa down there? Or is that just my eyes playing tricks on me?”

“Nope, that’s Marisa. What is she doing here?” When I shrugged, she frowned a little, “Well you said you guys are just friends right, and that he wanted to be just friends? Maybe they’re getting back together. That would explain why they were all comfy and cozy at the party”

I shook my head and rolled my eyes when she stood up revealing the Toews jersey that was way too big for her tiny body. It was probably Jon’s. Great.

“That makes no sense, that night he came over he wanted advice on what to do about her. I told her he deserved better and pretty much talked him out of getting back together with her or anything of that sort. I thought he actually listened”

“Maybe she’s different” I narrowed my eyes at her, “Sorry! Okay so maybe she’s not different. But maybe she’s just here and he didn’t even invite her, did you ever think of that?”

“No” I muttered.

“Why do you even care, Mia?” She asked suspiciously, “Maybe everyone was right about you guys”

A smirk spread across her face and I shook my head “No, no, no. Not at all, but as his friend I don’t want to see him get hurt, again. Trust me I know what it feels like. I bet you she doesn’t even like him and she just wants him for money”

“I guess we’ll find out, right?”

_____________

Turns out we did find out after the game. When we went down to the locker room and all the guys were being interviewed and getting changed, Marisa was there with her friends waiting for the guys just like Whitney and I were. She was death glaring us the whole time, and while Whitney ignored it I was staring her down. It was clear we didn’t like each other, but I had no idea why she didn’t like me if she didn’t. Maybe Jon told her about the things I said about their relationship or about her.

Brent snapped me out of my thoughts when he ran out of the locker room and over to hug me, “Did you see that goal I scored? Told you I’d score you a goal!”

I laughed and ruffled his damp hair, “Thanks Brent, I would’ve liked those 20 goals you said you were going to get for me, but I still appreciate 1. That’s more than anyone’s ever gotten for me”

“There’s more to come, princess” He winked and put an arm around my shoulders, “Wow, is it just me or is that girl giving you the stink eye?”

“Nope, it’s not just you. She’s been doing that for the past 20 minutes since the game ended and we were waiting for you guys. I don’t think she was expecting me here”

“Probably not. I wonder if she knows that Tazer invited you. Then she’d probably come over you and bury you into this floor”

I looked up at him and smiled sarcastically, “Wow thanks Brent, it’s nice to know you’d protect me”

“Hey, I’d protect you from anything, but a good cat fight now and then is entertaining to watch. Plus we never really have girls around except for girlfriends and wives so that gets a little boring sometimes. You guys keep things interesting”

One by one guys started coming out of the locker room and when Jonathan walked out, Marisa’s eyes lit up like a Christmas tree and I could almost see the dollar signs in them. Jon didn’t look so thrilled when she ran over and threw herself onto him and kissed his cheek. I stifled a laugh and buried my face into Viktor’s chest who made his way over to me so the happy couple couldn’t see me.

“Mia, as much as I love this right now, I don’t want to stay here while everyone’s going to party and celebrate, so I’m sorry but you need to control yourself right now”

I nodded and pulled away, “Sorry, but I couldn’t help myself,” He smiled and we began to walk behind all of the other guys, “You know you’re pretty comfy like a teddy bear, any chance you want to be my pillow tonight?”

I swear Jonathan started to fall in step with us and become more interested in our conversation.

After the game to celebrate their win, the guys all decided to crash a local club for the night and rent out the whole VIP section. I definitely wasn’t complaining, judging on the outcome of people for the night, I was glad to have a good amount of huge hockey players surrounding me. I was currently wedged in between Abby and Viktor, Whitney and Pat were somewhere getting drinks, and Marisa and Jonathan were on the dance floor where I had a perfect view of them.

“You okay?” Viktor asked, yelling over the music.

“Yeah” I shrugged, “They might as well be having sex on the dance floor. Does she ever come up for air?” He laughed thinking I was joking, but I’m pretty sure that was not dancing.

As if on cue when I needed something strong, Patrick showed up and handed me a shot glass, “You are literally my life saver right now” I threw the shot back the liquid burning the back of my throat, and slammed the glass on the table in front of me.

Patrick smirked and handed me two more, “Vik you’re on babysitting duty for this girl tonight, looks like she’s gonna need it”

I smiled up at Viktor and downed another shot, toasting to the couple on the dance floor. 6 shots later and I was completely done for, “Viktor come dance wit meeee” I slurred my words grabbing his hand and trying to pull him up from his seat but ended up almost falling to the floor until he grabbed my arm and steadied me.

“Mia, I think you need to sit down. Better yet, we really need to get you home” He grabbed my hand and stood up, “You’ve had enough for tonight, staying here isn’t going to make the situation better” I frowned and let him guide me through the sea of people trying to keep my balance along the way.

“Hey, Jon” Vik tapped Jonathan on his shoulder and Jonathan was able to stop sucking Marisa’s neck to pay attention, “I’m taking Mia back to my house since I can’t find Pat and I don’t want her staying by herself just in case something happens. Just let him know for me”

Jonathan nodded, “Yeah, sure. Are you okay to be driving?”

“Yeah, I haven’t had anything to drink, and I have my car here” Marisa shot me a death glare and I just rolled my eyes and buried myself into Viktor’s side.

“Hey Vik, can we go back to your house now so you can be my pillow for the night?” I looked directly at Jonathan and I thought I saw his jaw drop a little bit but before I could tell, Viktor was already pulling me out of the club.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mia's outfit
I'm sorry guys, I would've had this out earlier this week but I when I started writing this chapter, my computer shut off so I had to re-write everything and that took a while. It's not as good as the first time but I hope you guys like it! I hate Marisa, what do you think is going on with her and Jon? And what do you think is going on/going to happen with Mia and Viktor? Comment!