Status: Completed! :D

Fight for You

40

By the time we got home everyone was pretty dead and we crashed on the couch and Casey flipped on the music channel. I was lying across the couch with my head in Eleanor’s lap and my feet in Niall’s lap. I could feel myself slowly dozing off as I tried to stay awake.

My phone beeped suddenly making my eyes fly open and I saw it was form Beau asking if he could come over. I quickly replied with a yes before resting my head back on Eleanor closing my eyes.

“I’m thirsty,” I heard Niall whine as I glanced up to look at him to see him looking at me pointedly. I sighed before heading into the kitchen with everyone shouting orders back to me.

“Hey, how was your day?” I spun around to see Beau standing there, I smiled at him.

“It was amazing!” I exclaimed. “Let me drop these drinks off and then I’ll tell you everything.” I quickly walked in to deliver everyone’s drinks before heading back into the kitchen and telling Beau about the whole day. I couldn’t keep the large smile off my face as I told him about the best day of my life. Not long after I finished Harry walked into the kitchen. I looked over and smiled at him as he smiled back.

“Casey said there’s chips here?”

“Oh um,” I said quickly jumping up and heading to the cupboard. I found some bags of chips and loaded Harry up with them.

“Are you guys coming?” I glanced at Beau.

“In a minute,” He said. I sat back down staring at him confused. We sat there in silence for a moment as I watched Beau stare at the ground tapping his foot. He then sighed and pushed a hand roughly through his hair before looking at me. His eyes were red and he looked like he was about to cry. I bit my lip worried. He reached forward and wiped a hand across my cheek before pulling away. I looked at him confused.

“I thought I could fight for you and I was foolish enough to think I could win,” He started as I stared at him confused. “But I think I’ve just realised I was never even in the game. How could I fight for you when you never even saw me.”

“What are you talking about Beau?” I asked reaching over and grabbing his hand only for him to pull it away. His actions hurt me as I quickly placed my hand back in my lap as I felt my eyes sting from the rejection.

“Harry of course! I planned to fight him for you. I decided the moment he came back into your life that I would fight to keep you because I love you!” His voice rose slightly making me flinch. “But I could never beat him could I?” He looked up at me miserably.

“I don’t want him!” I exclaimed. I knew the others could probably hear us as I could no longer hear the TV blaring. By this stage I didn’t really care what they heard.

“You might not want him but you definitely need him! Did you even notice how happy you were today? That was because of him not me! You practically lit up the moment he walked into the room. And god the way that you smile at him, I could never get you to smile like that.”

“What on earth are you talking about?”

“The way you two look at each other! If someone looked at me the way you look at him I would never be able to leave them, let alone let them leave me. And he certainly feels the same, I can’t even hate him because the way he looks at you, the way he smiles at you, the way he touches you, I can tell he is so head over heels in love with you that I feel bad because I’m keeping you from him! Do you know how frustrating it is not being able to hate the guy who has your girlfriend’s heart!” He was standing now practically yelling this at me as I sat there shocked.

“You say you don’t want him but I know you, I know that you just won’t let yourself want him. You deserve a man that will love you like he does.”

“What are you saying,” I whispered as I could feel the tears fall down my cheek.

“I love you, Skye, I really do. But I realise now that I could never love you as much as Harry loves you. I never thought that that love was possible until today. I’m sorry.” He looked towards the door as I glanced over to see Harry standing there watching us intently.

“I hope that one day I can find the love that you two share. Just half of that would make me a happy man.” He turned to me and lent forward and placed a kiss on my cheek. “I hope you have a great life Skye, you definitely deserve it.” He said quietly before leaving the kitchen, I sat there stunned for a moment as tears ran down my cheeks.

“Skye,” I heard Harry whisper and he touched my arm lightly. I instantly jumped up from where I was sitting and moved away from him. I turned to look at him as he stood there his arms still slightly reached out towards me. His eyes bore into mine as the tears flowed freely from mine.

“Please stop running from me,” He pleaded. I could see his eyes start to water up as he continued to look at me with those gorgeous eyes. I could already feel the pull I had towards him but I also reminded myself how much that pull could hurt.

“I-I can’t,” I stuttered out before turning away to walk out of the room. However I felt his hands close around my arm and pull me back so my chest was flush with his. I quickly pushed myself backwards stumbling slightly. Being near him only made it harder to think straight. We stood there in silence for a moment as I stared at the ground, I could feel his eyes burning into mine.

“Why do you keep running from me? Why do you think that I will hurt you?”

“It’s not that I think you will hurt me Harry, it’s the fact that you can...” I trailed off glancing up at him. “You have no idea how easy it is for you to hurt me.”

“Me! Do you know how easy it is for you to hurt me? You told me to leave, to get out of your life, so I did. I left you and I tried to move on but I couldn’t get you out of my head.” His voice started to rise slightly and I could see the anger flare up in his eyes. I stared at him in disbelief; I couldn’t believe he was actually getting angry at me.

“Oh and you think it was easy for me to move on!” I said back harshly.

“Well you obviously moved on with Beau,” I let out a weird strangled cry.

“Do you know how hard it is to block out Harry Styles from your life? Not only does your face pop up every time I turn the TV on but every time I listen to the radio I can hear your voice. You’re all over the internet and I can’t even glance at a magazine without seeing your name or your picture plastered all over it. Every girl in the world is bloody talking about you! Do you know how hard it is to fucking get over you when all I constantly see on the internet and on magazines is you having another wild night and leaving the club with a new fucking bimbo on your arm?!” I was screaming at him now, I knew that. But it felt good to scream at him. I couldn’t stop. “You didn’t seem to have a probably getting over me Harry!”

“Sure I went to clubs and I got with girls but that was my way over trying to get over YOU! But that wouldn’t work, you know why?” He yelled back at me as I just stared at him. I could see the others standing in the doorway behind him obviously watching to make sure this didn’t get out of hand. “You want to know why I couldn’t fuck any of them. It was because of you!”

“Do not blame me just because your dick is broken!” I screamed at him. I heard Louis snort from behind Harry and we both turned to shoot him a glare. He instantly stopped smiling.

“I couldn’t sleep with them because all I want is you; all I’ve ever wanted was you! I haven’t been with any girl since you! And believe me, that is extremely frustrating. And what’s worse is knowing that you were with him the whole time I couldn’t be with you.” He said stepping closer to me.
“I was never with Beau like that,” I sighed looking down at the ground.

“Beau was right, we need each other. I want you and I know you want me too.” He reached a hand forward but I stepped out of his reach. I was tired and I had a headache from the screaming, all I wanted to do was sleep.

“I’m tired of fighting you Harry,” I said before walking away. Before I could make it to the door I felt hands grab me and spin me around. My back was pushed up against the wall and, before I could react, Harry’s mouth crashed onto mine. I stayed still for a moment pushing against his chest only to have him hold my hands down by my side securely. His mouth pushed against mine more urgently and I know longer had any energy left to fend him off as I melted into the kiss. After he was sure I wouldn’t push him away he released my hands and cupped my face as I pulled mine up to cling onto his shirt pulling him closer slightly. His tongue swiped at my bottom lip and I immediately let him in allowing him to explore my mouth. I was in blissful happiness, all that mattered in this moment was Harry and how his lips moulded perfectly with mine. We pulled away after a little bit, panting slightly.

“Then stop fighting me,” He whispered against my lips before pecking them softly. I sighed.

“I missed you,” I whispered leaning my forehead against his. His arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me against him as I rested my head on his chest my hands still tightly holding onto his shirt. He rested his chin on top of my head and we stayed like that for while.

“I need time to think right now Harry,” I said pulling away from him eventually. I looked up to meet his sad eyes. I turned quickly and headed up the stairs and collapsed onto my bed. I wanted to stay with him but I needed time to think first and I couldn’t think straight when he was around.
There was a knock at the door. I sat up quickly to see Louis poking his head around the corner of my door.

“Can we talk?” He asked. I frowned in confusion but nodded none the less. He walked in and shut the door after him before coming over and sitting next to me.

“What’s up?” I asked after a couple of moments of silence.

“There’s something you need to know...” Louis trailed off looking at me. I nodded signalling for him to continue.

“Harry’s my best mate. I love him, all of us do and what he agreed to with management about you was stupid. He was stupid and he hurt you.” I pulled my eyebrows together wondering where Louis was going with this.

“But you hurt him.” He continued. “You hurt him a lot. I don’t think you realise how bad it was for him when you left. He was going to leave to come after you straight away but we convinced him to wait a while and give you time to think. Space to breathe.”

I sat there patiently listening to Louis not really wanting to listen to this but I owed him. I owed them all.

“When Zayn and I came here with him and you rejected him again after he said he loved you. You crushed him. He wasn’t our Harry any more. He was barely there.” I really couldn’t take this any more.

“I know Louis, I was a bitch.” I mumbled standing up to move away from him. I really didn’t want to hear this.

“You need to understand Skye because I don’t think you do.”

“You don’t know how I felt!” I spun around glaring at him. He glared right back.

“Don’t yell at me. I’m not Harry.” He said sternly, I was surprised by his words. This wasn’t the Louis that I knew. “He went out drinking nearly every night. He barely showed up to the studio for work. He was barely there.”

“I thought you had killed him. He could barely sing, it wasn’t in him anymore to sing. You had affected him so much. He tried so hard to show you he wasn’t who you thought he was. To show you that he loved you. But in the end you couldn’t see him as anything else but what you had already assumed. It crushed him and to spite you he decided to become what you assumed. He only went home with girls because he knew it would be on the news, he knew you would see it.”

“So he did it to hurt me even more than he already had.” I cried out.

“He told you he loved you and you told him to get out. What did you expect?” Louis asked staring at me. I sighed knowing he was right. I walked over and sat back down next to him.

“I’m sorry,” I whispered. “Maybe I’m not the best person for him.”

“No you’re not the best person for him and he’s not the best person for you. Putting you two together is like adding fuel to the fire, it’s dangerous and scary but beautiful all at once. You may not be the best thing for him but you’re the only one for him. You can make him angry and calm him down in a matter of minutes. You understand him even better than I do and he knows things about you that you don’t even know about yourself. You might have hurt him but when you were together I had never seen him so happy the entire time I’ve known him.” We sat in silence both staring at the door in front of us.

"It takes two people to create a love like you both shared. You need him, he needs you. It’s that simple.” Louis shrugged.

“Are you really afraid of a little heartbreak that you’re willing to lose him from your life for good?” He leant down and pressed a kiss to my forehead before leaving the room.

I groaned and threw myself back onto the bed. My heart knew what to do but my head was scared. It was scared of being hurt and I didn’t know if I could get past that. If I didn’t, I would lose Harry forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope this made people happy! :)