Status: Completed! :D

Fight for You

7

I awoke the next morning to my phone beeping signalling a text message. Grumpily I rolled over and grabbed it from my bedside table glancing at the screen with eyes still half closed I saw Harry’s name flash across the screen. Instantly my eyes snapped open as I sat up in bed staring at the screen unsure on what to do. I decided I was being silly and opened the text.

From: Harry ;D
Good morning!

From: Skye
Morning, how do I have your number in my phone? :P

From: Harry :D
I programmed it in last night when I carried you up to bed. You fell asleep on me :)

I instantly blushed reading the last text.

From: Skye
Sorry about that...

From: Harry :D
No need to apologise. I didn’t mind being your pillow at all :) What are you up to today?

From: Skye
I have to work soon :( What are you guy’s up to?

From: Harry :D
Aww what time do you finish? We have an interview this morning and then I’m not sure.. :P

From: Skye
I finish at 1.00pm :) sounds fun?

From: Harry :D
Haha yeah it kind of is. Well I have to go but I will talk to you later. Bye Skye x

From: Skye
Bye Harry x

I quickly headed downstairs after the text session with Harry trying not to read too much into the ‘x’ at the end of his text. He probably did it to everyone I assured myself as I grabbed some breakfast.

“Morning!” I greeted the girls and Cody happily as they all walked into the kitchen grabbing some cereal.

“Why are you so happy this morning?” Casey asked grumpily knowing out of everyone I was the least likely to be a morning person.

I shrugged in reply as I continued to eat as Paige looked at me curiously. Today we all worked together so after everyone was ready and we had all said goodbye to Cody, who headed off to his work, we all jumped in my car and headed to the cafe.

The morning went by pretty quickly as the usual customer came in and got their coffees before heading to work or stayed to chill in the cafe. I talked to the regulars and before I knew it I was finished for the day. I grabbed my stuff from the back and said bye to Paige. I walked out the front and froze in my tracks.

Standing at the counter, being abused by Casey, was Tyler. I almost went to turn around and walk back out the back but his eyes met mine and I knew I couldn’t escape. I sighed and tried to ignore him by walking straight past but he grabbed my arm. This of course earned him a smart slap from Casey and a threat to not touch me.

“I just want to talk to you, privately.” He hissed at me rubbing his top arm where Casey’s hand mark was now imprinted. I looked between him and Casey, who was shaking her head at me, before I sighed and agreed to talk. We walked out the back and I asked Paige if she could give us room, which she wasn’t happy about, but went anyway.

“What do you want?” I asked harshly wanting to just leave the room.

“I want to know why I see my girlfriend plastered across magazines hanging with some boy!” he demanded throwing down some trashy magazine on the table in front of me. I glanced at the cover to see photos of the beach yesterday. There were photos of us playing soccer and a fair few of me and Harry in the water. The biggest one was a close up of me and Harry extremely close with his arms around my waist. “Care to explain!”

“I’m not your girlfriend,” I mumbled.

“Excuse me?”

“I said I’m not your girlfriend.” I said louder looking into his grey eyes, so different to the sparkly green ones I was falling for.

“You haven’t even given us a chance to work things out.”

“You cheated on me, multiple times! There is nothing left to figure out!” I yelled louder at him, not really caring if anyone heard.

“Is this because your stupid bitchy friends got to you? You need to stop listening to them, they were just jealous of us. I’m willing to forget about all these pictures of you and this boy and we can just start again.” He said stepping towards me and reaching for my hand.

“Get out,” I growled, my eyes closed, as I yanked my hand out of his. I opened my eyes to see him still standing there. “I said get OUT!” I screamed at him.

“I think you should leave,” a deep voice said from the doorway making Tyler and I turn to see Harry standing in the doorway with Louis not far behind.

“And who do you think you are?” Tyler said taking a threatening step towards Harry.

“A friend and who are you?” Harry said back, taking a step towards Tyler just as threatening. Louis was right behind him glaring at Tyler.

“I’m her boyfriend!”

“Ex, I believe she said, Ex-boyfriend.” Harry said emphasising the ‘ex’. I thought for a second Tyler was about to hit Harry, however after glancing at Louis he decided against it. He threw me one last look meaning that this wasn’t over before he pushed past the boys and left the room. Harry turned to me stepping forwards but before I had time to react towards him Casey and Paige came rushing in and surrounded me in a hug.

After assuring them that I was fine I looked back over towards Harry and Louis to see Eleanor standing with them as well. I smiled at them weakly.

“Thank you,”

“No problem,” Louis replied as Harry kept staring at me intensely making me extremely uncomfortable as I shifted under his gaze.

“Well we were coming down to ask if you girls wanted to come to ours for dinner tonight. To repay you all back for yesterday,” Eleanor said sweetly.

“We would love to,” Paige said back just as sweetly from where she was standing next to me with a comforting arm around me.

“Sorry I won’t be able to, I have plans with Cody but you guys have fun,” Casey said before quickly exiting the room as we could hear the bell telling us that a customer was waiting.

“Okay, well I’ll text you where the hotel is and what time to come, but right now we really have to go. Everyone else is waiting in the car and the boy’s have another interview,” Eleanor said pushing the boys out the door. Louis gave me a wave and Harry merely left the room without a second glance. Eleanor came over and quickly gave me a hug before leaving.

“You right to go home?” Paige asked me.

“Yeah I’ll be fine, I’ll come back to pick you guy’s up when you’re done.”

“Are you sure I can call someone to come in and I’ll go home with you?”

“Nah its fine, I have to study for my last exam anyway.” I smiled at Paige before leaving to head back home.