Status: Finished

Not Everything Goes Your Way

Chapter Nine: Excitement Filled the Air

Everyone arrived and we had decorations, food and present’s everywhere. Jaime and I were excited to be celebrating the life of our daughter who was going to be here in about a month.

My stomach was so big, and at that point I was ready for her to just be in my arms.

The party first started out with everyone mingling and talking in their groups, but I brought everyone together to start our first game. We took off all of the labels of jars of baby food, and people had to guess what kind it was. Some people actually tasted it, it was nasty, that game ended and we started a new game, we put different candy bars in diapers and melted the chocolate, everyone had to guess what kind of candy bar it was. Everyone was laughing and having a good time. We played a couple more games, and then it was time for cake.

I hadn’t seen the cake yet, because my mom wanted to go get it. Jaime came out with the cake in his arms and I was surprised by its beauty.

The cake base was built so it looked like a woven bassinet, and pink blankets were sticking out of it. It was so adorable. Everyone had a slice and it was time for presents. I received a lot of diapers, blankets, and clothes. Some people thought outside of the box and got us bath stuff and toys. After everything was opened I knew we had enough stuff for the arrival.

Everyone left, and I found just me and Jaime left in our apartment. He got straight to work and started lifting boxes and bringing them to the nursery, I was hanging up baby clothes and putting diapers everywhere we would need them.

I looked at the clock and it was about 2 o’clock in the morning, but I knew we were finally done with the nursery. It was a light color of pink all over the walls, with paper trees and birds in the corners. A white crib was placed on the far wall in the middle, with the changing table on the wall next to it, with the rocking chair right by its side. The closet was on the opposite wall of the changing table. The only thing that was missing was her name, in big letters, over her crib, which we hadn’t even talked about yet.

Jaime grabbed my waist and pulled me to him. We both stared into the room, it was empty without her, but just a little while longer and we didn’t have to worry about that. He took his free hand that wasn’t around me and gently rubbed my stomach, I knew he was excited to be a dad, and I was excited to be in this with him.

He turned and dragged me to our room so we could go to sleep since it was already so late. I took off my clothes, except for my bra and panties, and laid in bed. He walked out the bathroom with his boxers on and turned off the lights. Before he turned off the lights, I took in how cute he looked, with his bare chest and spiked hair, he didn’t even notice me staring at him.

He pulled back the sheets and joined me in bed, he snuggled up next to me and I laid my head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around me, and we sat there for a second in each other’s arms. I brought up my head and looked into his eyes, which I couldn’t really see because it was dark.

“What are we going to name her?”

He was about to fall asleep when I asked.

“Umm, I don’t know how about we talk about this in the morning.”
“Okay, night, love you.”
“I love you too Han.”

I woke up the next morning, and Jaime was already up, I could hear him in the kitchen cooking.

I got up and put some sweats and a shirt on. I pulled my hair into a messy bun behind my head; I was definitely not a morning person. I walked out to the kitchen, and saw all the guys sitting around the kitchen table.

They must have all came over for breakfast, it was a usual thing. On mornings after they all went out and got drunk they would come back to our place and Jaime and I would cook breakfast. It didn’t happen as much anymore though because me and Jaime didn’t go out.

They all had cups of coffee, and looked at me when I walked into the kitchen. I put up a hand, so they knew I acknowledged them. They knew me well enough to know that I don’t talk in the mornings, until I had coffee or tea. I put the tea kettle on the stove to warm up some water, and got a mug down from the cabinet.

Jaime noticed me, he turned around from cooking, what smelled like bacon, and put his arms around me and gave me a kiss.

“Morning, babe.”

I rubbed his cheek instead of talking. I went out to the table and sat down, waiting for the tea pot to whistle telling me the water was hot enough. All the guys looked hung over, which I’m sure they were.

Jaime finished cooking and brought out all of the food, he also brought out my tea and set it down in front of me. We all ate, and when we were done I gathered all of the plates and did the dishes.

I went out and sat back down at the table.

“So I was thinking Sarah or Hailey. What do you like?” Jaime said, breaking the silence at the table.

“What are you talking about man?” Mike had no idea what we were talking about.
I answered.

“Names of the baby,” I smiled at the thought we were finally picking out a name for her.

All the guys realized what was going on and spoke their opinions. We sat around the table for about an hour arguing what were some good and bad names. The fact that boys wanted to have part in the babies name made me laugh, but I was happy to share this with them.

When we finally ended the argument, we ended up with the name Austin. We all liked that name, and thought it fit perfectly.

The guys eventually left so Jaime and I decided to go put up the big letters spelling her name, above her crib.

Everything was perfect; we had a perfect name, a perfect nursery, and a perfect family. Nothing could go wrong.

Three weeks went by, Jaime didn’t want to wait any longer, he wanted to hold Austin in his arms, and he wanted to hold her now. At this point he was just impatient.

I woke up in the middle of the night with a pain in my stomach. I reached over to wake up Jaime and tell him. He woke up, but was super tired and didn’t know what was going on. He realized I was having a contraction, and took me to the hospital.
♠ ♠ ♠
Big things are coming so keep reading.

Thank you to all of the subscribers, and readers. PLEASE comment and subscribe, i really want to know opinions.