Status: (updating once a week hopefully)

Who Said Anything About Me Loving a Demon? I didnt.

Weddings, Carraige Rides and Knives

I hated this. I hated absolutely everything about this. I hated wearing a dress. I hated big parties. I hated that I was getting married!

It was over quickly though and it wasn't hard to keep my fake smile plastered to my face. All too soon did a servant come to tell us that my belongings had been packed and that a carriage was ready to deliver us to his parent's castle. He nodded and leaded me out into the dark and to a carriage that looked like it should contain a coffin. I looked back at Alexander who stood at the door of the palace and he smiled at me. 'Goodbye. Love you,' he mouthed it to me and I thought I might cry. Someone kill me now, please.

A servant opened the door and Xander extended a hand to help me into the carriage. He got in and sat across from me, his eyes scanned me starting at my face and working down my long lacy white dress. He looked at my face again as if trying to gauge something. "Are you afraid of me?" He looked at me and for the first time that night his face wasn't scowling or grimacing, it was almost…nervous.

"I don't fear you, nor am I afraid of anything." I spoke clearly and let a little pride drip from the statement.

"The girl who's afraid of nothing," he muttered, seemingly trying out the words. He got up at sat next to me on my side of the carriage and glanced at me once more trailing down my body before leaning in and whispering in my ear. "I don't know if this will make you feel better but I was forced into this too." I almost gasped in shock. I thought it was him who had sent the demons. I was about to ask him who did send the demons but he stood up and went back to the other side of the carriage, signaling the end of that conversation.

It was silent.

It was so silent.

"You're the king's killer aren't you?" Xander asked and I was almost grateful that he spoke, at least the silence is gone.

"Yes." I didn't want to give him too many details on the subject.

"You're the one who uses only daggers, correct?" He leaned against the window trying to get comfortable. He was actually incredibly handsome.

"Mostly, I make my own. I can use almost any weapon handed to me though."

"Would you like to spar with me sometime?" He smiled at me through the dim light of the carriage.

"It would be an honor," a bit of an exaggeration, but I would enjoy plunging a dagger onto the heart of a demon.

"Good," I found myself staring at him. He was handsome. Correction, he was incredibly handsome. "We'll reach my parents palace in a few hours."

"That's good," I was nervous. He could tell, and he looked worried.

"I know some of things that you've heard about me, I can assure you they aren't true. I would never hurt you."

"I know," I gave him a real smile, my first real smile of the day. He smiled at me and I felt myself falling asleep as I watched him stare out at the stars.

"Ivy…Ivory its almost noon." The voice was male and gentle. I could feel a hand on my shoulder. Where am I? I slowly opened my eyes, I was in a huge dark wood bed wraped in warm red and black sheets. Xander was bent down over me smiling slightly. I got out of bed, still in my wedding dress and Xander told me a maid would be in shortly to help me change and afterward he would give me a tour. I nodded and yawned again, suddenly realizing I had no memory of getting here. Did he carry me?

Just as he said a maid came in carrying one of my dresses. She helped undo the buttons on the back of my dress and tighten my corset. This is why I hate dresses, the damn corset under it. The dress the maid picked was a silvery gray and I put it on, looking quickly in the mirror before I left the bedroom to start my tour of the palace. The inside of the palace was beautiful all shades reds, blacks, whites and greys. It was absolutely gorgeous. Xander moved down the grand stairs slowly so I could keep up. "Do you like horses?" He asked at the end turning to me still smiling slightly, what happened to his scowl?

"Yes, the king made sure I had some equestrian lessons."

"Good," He lead me outside of the palace and I looked at it for the first time from the outside. It looked like exactly what you would expect a demon's palace to look like, gargoyles and all. The outside seemed so contradictory to the beauty of the inside. "Are you coming?" Xander asked chuckling at the way I was standing staring up at the palace like a moron. Wait he chuckled? I picked up my skirt so I could run to catch up with him, once I stood next to him he started walking again until we stood in front of the stables. Once we arrived two servants brought out two horses, one black and one white. Xander helped me on to the white one before mounting the black one.

"Where are we going?" I yelled as I adjusted my reins quickly as he took off at a gallop into thick woods.

"You'll see. Trust me it isn't too far." He was looking straight ahead, his dark hair that curled slightly at the end flying behind him.

He was right It didn't take long, within twenty minutes he stopped in a small clearing in the foliage and dismounted his horse. He tied his horse to a nearby tree and helped me do the same. "What are we doing here?" I asked looking around the empty space. He walked to his horse and took something out of his saddle bag, my knives. How did he get those?

"I told you I wanted to spar with you." I looked at my sharpened blades, I could do it, I could kill him get on one of the horses and run. I didn't have to stay his bride, and as long as I stayed away from my father's kingdom they would be safe too. Worth a shot. I one of my knives and drove it straight through his stomach, well that's that. He looked at it and pulled it out, not even flinching. Black fluid, which I assumed to be blood, dripped off the knife. He stared at it showing no sign of pain and handed it back to me.

"How?" My eyes were wide and I could barely speak.

"I'm a demon, remember?" He was smiling, and I was thoroughly freaked out. "Now would you like a real match? I've actually been looking forward to watching you fight."
♠ ♠ ♠
::Authours Note::

Any thoughts? Love it? Hate it? Longer this time for ya Batman1698 (btw thanks for reviewing):)

Reviews pleeaasse =]

::~Angel Ebony~::