We Could Be Amazing...

Wrong

“Hey anne,” Kali greeted as she gave me a hug.

“Hey Kal,” I grinned. “Where’s K and my cousin?” I asked her.

“You know, taking their sweet old time,” she smirked as her eyes trailed towards the couple. They were walking towards us, so entangled with each other and smiling like love struck love birds. Her arm was entangled with his and holding his hand as she looked up at him as he was saying something. The smiles on both their faces made it obvious that they were stupidly in love.

“Damien! Get over here and give your baby cousin a big fat hug!” I shouted out. He looked up at me and grinned as he kissed his girlfriend’s cheek and ran at me, lifting me off the ground with a hug. He was 6’3, and I was barely 5’1, but I round up anyways.

“I missed you my baby cousin,” he grinned as he finally set me down. “No guys coming onto you yet?” he asked seriously.

So, my cousin works for a company that sets up the snow parks for ski resorts. They do all the snow work for the jumps, the rails and even pipe so he’s always travelling around. His girlfriend, Kiara also works for the same company but she prefers working at the local resorts for maintenance with Kalira, her cousin. Damien just got back in from a big project in Switzerland, and this project was such a big deal that even the two girls went with him. And it was summer in California, so they went chasing after the snow.

“No, not with you around and knowing I’m your cousin,” I smirked.

“Good,” he grinned feeling accomplished.

“Don’t pick on her, she’s only sixteen,” K rolled her eyes at him.

“And starting college,” he frowned. “No dating frat boys,” he scolded me.

I put my hands up in surrender. “I know, I know.”

“Let’s go inside. I’m hungry,” Kali said as she led the way into the restaurant.

We spent the afternoon talking about their trip and the experiences that they had. It was nice to see my cousin so happy and so changed. K and him had been bestfriends since they were little – literally since K had been born, and long story short they finally got together. It was a long process because Damien was pretty much the biggest player in the state. He had a new girlfriend every 2 weeks and K kept him in line. But with her, he was changed.

I envied what they had. I know I have a long way to find my “perfect guy” but it would be nice to actually have somebody to share those strong feelings and be adorable with. Be the couple that everyone envies and have somebody to talk to all night every night.

“Are you okay?” Kali asked me.

“Sorry, I spaced out. I slept late,” I chuckled.

“We’re having the sleepover tonight right?” K asked. I nodded and agreed, telling them that I just needed to grab my stuff at home and I’ll head to their place.

~~~~~~~~~~


I arrived at K’s and Kal’s place and saw Kal passed out on the couch and K on the computer playing some online game.

“Some sleepover,” I laughed as I set my bag down.

K looked over her shoulder, towards me and grinned. “Just set your stuff down, and do whatever.”

“What are you doing?” I asked as I grabbed a chair and sat next to her.

“Some new online game I found just to occupy my time,” she shrugged. “Can you do this? Just click this and this. I need to grab stuff from upstairs,” she quickly instructed and ran up the stairs.

I followed her instructions and another character came into the screen and said Hi.

Hey I replied. He and I kept a funny conversation until he said something about not being in a good mood and such. Our conversation eventually led to him telling me about his ex-girlfriend that he recently broke up with and he seemed so broken about it.

He was in a relationship for a year and a half that he was very unsure about. His ex cheated on him twice, and he loved her so much he gave her another chance after the first time. He said he had tried so hard to make it work out, but he was done putting in effort when she wasn’t.

He seemed like a really cool guy, and I don’t know how a girl could pass up a chance with a guy that would treat your amazingly.

He told me how for an entire year since they got together, things were getting rough. They would fight every day, not talk for days at a time and he even felt uncomfortable with her. So just a couple days prior to our conversation, he broke up with her.

So, what’s your name? He asked me.

You can call me K I said, knowing it was K’s account and I probably would never talk to him ever again anyways.

You can call me Lyle he replied.

Nice to meet you. As if we haven’t been talking for the past 30 minutes. LOL

Aha. Well I guess I’ll talk to you tomorrow. I have to hit the hay. I’m 3 hours ahead of you. ROFL

We bid each other our goodnights and realized that it has been 30 minutes and K has disappeared on me. I walked up the stairs and found her passed out on her bed. I rolled my eyes, and decided I needed sleep myself. I settled myself in another bed somewhere in their huge house and I laid there thinking about the interesting boy named Lyle. For all I knew, he could be some 13 year old boy but he was interesting and I felt bad for him.

I pushed it out of my mind, knowing that I would never even talk to him ever again.

I couldn’t have been anymore wrong.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. So these past few months, I've been in college so it's been forever since I updated.

I decided to change this story. I thought this would be so much more different from my "falling in love with your bestfriend" stories and I hope you guys like it.