Status: Semi-Active

No Such Thing as Too Young

You are my getaway

7 years old
"Mommy!" I yelled running across the yard to where my parents sat on the patio, talking and laughing with friends. The tears ran down my small face, and I sniffled. "What's wrong?" my mom asked in a soothing voice, her arms wrapping around my small frame. "Tony put a bug in my hair!" I whined to her. Tony was destined to be my best friend since birth. Our parents were neighbors, and best friends themselves. I am only seven, and Tony is nine, but that didn't seem to matter. "Tony!" Maria yelled across the yard for her son. Tony ran up, a guilty look on his summer tanned face. He looked at me, the tears in my eyes, and he looked like he felt bad. "What do you say to Shay?" She asked him in a stern voice. I looked at Tony through teary eyes. He sighed and walked over to me, and hugged me. "I'm sorry Shaina" Tony said. I smiled and pulled away from him. I whipped my tears, and Tony grabbed my hand. He pulled me into a run across the lawn with him. I could hear my parents still talking. "Look at them" Alex, Tony's dad chuckled. "They'll be together someday. I'm putting twenty dollars on that one" My dad joked. Tony and I reached the tree house that was in his yard. "Let's go" Tony said, and began to climb. "Tony! No, there are spiders up there!" I told him, refusing to follow him. He hopped down and looked at me, a fake mad look upon his face. "I guess I'll just have to beat you up then" He said and pounded this fist into his hand. I gasped. "You would never hit a girl Tony Perry!" I squeaked. He smiled. "I know, but I can tickle one!" He said and lunged at me.

We landed in the grass, his hands tickling my sides and stomach. I was laughing uncontrollably. "Tony, Tony stop" I giggled. He did so and we both lay there laughing. "Hey tony?" I asked. He looked at me, with a smile. "Yeah Shay?" He questioned. "Is it true boys have cooties?" I asked. He laughed. "Shay, didn't you get over that when you were five?" He asked. I stuck my tongue out. "Yeah, but how do you know for sure?" I asked him, serious. He shrugged and began to think. I thought popped into my head. "I GOT IT!" I shouted. He looked over at me, and shook his head. "And what is that ya dork?" he asked. "I Shay Anders, dare you Tony Perry to kiss me" I told him. He smiled and began to lean in. "Ewh! I jumped up as he got close to my lips and began to run away. I ran around the tree again and again. Tony was my best friend, and my first crush.

16 years old
I walked into the crowded kitchen, grabbing a mikes hard before heading to where my friends were in the living room. I squeezed between people until I reached Ashley, Beth, Vic, Mike, Jaime, Taylor, but of course Tony was over talking to Stephanie. They were on and off, I thought they were off again but maybe I was mistaken. "Shaina! Ashley yelled pulling me in for a hug. She was already tipsy. "How much did you let her have?" I joked to Mike who is currently dating Ash. He shrugged. "She has already had a few, but she can just crash in my room tonight"He said nodding towards the stairs. I nodded and giggled. I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around my middle, and hot breath on my neck. "Did you think you could get away without saying hi to me?" I heard Tony's voice in my ear. I smiled and turned around hugging him. "Well had you taken me here tonight you wouldn't of had to worry about it" I teased him, knowing very well he came here straight from work. He rolled his eyes, and began to converse with the guys. Beth detached herself from Jaime's side to talk to me. "Vince is practically eye fucking you" she giggled into my ear. I glanced over at the guy across the room from me. Vince was good lucking, and popular, not exactly my type of guy but I couldn't deny he was hot. He smirked when he saw me looking over at him, and I couldn't help but blush and smile back. Beth handed me another drink, and winked at me.

One drink led to another and so on. And well Vince and I were dancing on the dance floor. After a few drinks Stephanie came over and hung all over Tony, and he didn't seem to protest it, so I said yes the second Vince asked me to dance. We were currently grinding, and his hand was sliding down the my ass. I couldn't give a fuck right now. His lips smashed down onto mine, and it took me a few seconds but I did respond. Almost as suddenly as his lips were on mine, they were pulled off. I opened my eyes to see Tony's fist coming into contact with Vince's face. Vince staggered back and went after Tony. It started from there. Vince got in a punch or to but It was mostly Tony."Knock it off!" I yelled trying to go over and come between them. A pair of arms wrapped around my middle and stopped me from going any father. "Don't. Let Jaime and Vic handle it. You'll get hurt" Mike told me. I was mad, and angry tears rolled down my checks. Vic pulled Tony off of him, and Jaime brought Vince over to his friends who then took it upon themselves to clean him up. Tony looked at me, anger clear in his eyes. He stormed out of Mike and Vic's house out into the chilly summer night. I once again tried to move to head towards Tony but Mike's grip stayed on me. "Let me go Mike, I need to talk to Tony" Mike sighed but released his grip on me. I stumbled forward and made my way outside, trying to ignore the looks people were giving me.

I stepped into the June summer night, and saw Tony standing in the grass, bent over, his arms resting on his knees trying to catch his breath, and relax himself. Blood was dripping from his nose, and a bruise forming on his right eye. I cringed at the sight of his injuries, but I knew Vince looked far worse than my so called best friend. I stepped forward. Tony glanced at me from this position he was in. He spit blood and stood up as straight as he could. His right hand looked swollen, as well as possibly his jaw. He spat more blood and looked at me with frustration, and obvious anger. "Get in the car" he hissed at me. I stood there confused by his anger at me, and not too sure if he was in the best situation to be driving me anywhere. "Get.the.fuck in the car Shay" He yelled. I flinched slightly and headed toward his old pick up truck. I opened the door and climbed in. The second I was in the seat, Tony slammed the door behind me. He climbed in the drivers seat. With a roar from the engine his car started and New Found Glory blared from his speakers. "Tony..." I trailed off not sure if he heard me over 'I Dont Wanna Know" playing through the stereo speakers. "Fuck!" he yelled slamming his fists down onto the steering wheel. Silent tears ran down my face. I didn't like anyone to be angry at me, and I wasn't used to Tony's anger being directed at me. My brain was telling me to just shut me mouth and take whatever Tony was going to say, but my big mouth opened and challenged him. "What the hell was your problem Tony?" I asked him. He started the car, gripping the wheel tightly trying to ignore me. "Stop being a prick and answer me" I demanded. "Shay, shut up" he growled in a demanding voice as his grip on the wheel got tighter and he tried focus on the road. "No, let's talk about his Tony. What the fuck gave you the right to pull that shit?" I yelled at him. His eyes narrowed and he took a deep breath before speaking. "His hands were all over you" He hissed. "And did it seem to bother me Ton?!" I questioned not seeing where he was going. "Vince is nothing but fucking scum. He has his dad's wallet shoved so far up his fucking ass, and uses that to get what he wants. He goes through girls like I do beer, and his hands on your ass sure did prove that Shaina" Tony spoke in a harsh tone. "My body, what I do with it, and who I do anything with is none of your god damn concern" I told him. He pulled into his drive-way. I quickly undid my seat belt, and got out of his car, making sure to slam the door in the process. Tony quickly hopped out of the truck and grabbed me by the wrist tightly. Not enough to hurt me, but enough to keep me from going anywhere. "It sure as hell is my concern Shay. You are my best friend and we both know that guy won't give a fuck about you once he's gotten in your pants" Tony told me, his voice was still stern but wasn't as harsh as before. "What do you think I'd just give it up to him Tony? That I'm some slut now? Get a clue! We were just dancing. Just because you couldn't get any tonight, and couldn't get Stephanie out of your ass didn't mean you had to ruin my night!" I screamed at him. I saw fury flash through his eyes again. "I never said that Shay! and leave Stephanie out of this" He said the last part slowly, and lowly. I rolled my eyes. "Right, I forgot. Perfect little fucking Steph. She cheated on you, but damn you forgive her pretty quick. I dance with one guy and I get a fucking lecture and a fight breaks out" I snapped at him. "She cheated on me with fucking Vince! Why should I let him ruin another girl in my life?" he asked me. I shook my head. "Keep shit like this up Tony, and you won't have to worry about me being in your life" I told him. Hurt flashed through his eyes, and I took that moment to break away. I ran across his yard, and into mine. I managed to get up my front porch and inside despite tears clouding my vision. My parents were clearly asleep so I got up to my room without a big too do. I stripped down and got into a pair of Tony's sweatpants, and I tank top. I curled up in bed and cried myself to sleep for the first time in forever.

I woke up to the sun streaming in my window, and my mom whispering my name from beside my bed. "Hmm?" I groaned looking up at her. "Would you mind telling me why Tony is asleep on the front porch bench?" she asked me. I sat straight up, ignoring the pounding in my head from the alcohol and crying. I hopped out of bed, and down my stairs not caring about my hair, or even un-brushed teeth, Tony had seen it all. I stepped out my front door, and sure enough there was Tony, curled up on the bench, his face was bruised, and had some dry blood on him. I rushed inside to grab a wet rag and then back out to wake him up. I ran a hand through his dark hair a few times before his brown eyes opened and looked up at me. He slowly and warily sat up. He winced in pain as he did so. "What hurts more, your hang over, or battle scars?" I lightly joked. I began to dab his face to get the blood cleared off. He let out a low chuckle but gave no reply. "Care to tell me why you slept on the cold patio last night Mr.Perry?" I asked him before inspecting his hand and the damage he did there. "I couldn't just leave, and go home with you mad at me last night" He said honestly, guilt in his eyes. I frowned slightly as I bandaged his hand with gauze. "I'm sorry" he whispered. I ran my hand through my hair. "Don't be. I was just pissed. You're my best friend Tony. I'm sorry for those low blows last night" I mumbled. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me into his lap. He nuzzled his face into my neck. "Its cool. I shouldn't have taken it out on you. I was just mad he was all over you, and you were drunk. I didn't want him taking advantage of you. You aren't that little girl I used to know anymore. You're older and well it seems a lot of guys noticed those change before me" He told me laughing lightly again. I nodded and blushed a little hoping he wouldn't notice. "so we're okay?" I asked hopeful. He let out a small laugh and kissed my check. "Always Shay" he told me. I stood up and grabbed his hand. "Come on, let's get you some clean clothes and We can make breakfast" I told him. He kept his hand laced with mine and went inside with me. My mom smiled and winked at me.

In that moment I realized not only was I not that little girl anymore, but Tony wasn't a boy anymore either. And that little crush had grown just as we had.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for any errors. I hope you like it, I will hopefully post another chapter tonight, or tomorrow.

Here is what they were wearing

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=54599791