Status: Semi-Active

No Such Thing as Too Young

Can We Create Something Beautiful And Destroy It

I stood in front of the mirror adjusting my shirt so it hung perfectly over my jeggings. My long hair left in it’s natural state, I wanted nothing more than to run a flat iron, or curling iron through it but I didn’t want to appear like I was trying too hard. It was band practice, not a party. Taking a deep breath I grabbed my phone off my bed, and jogged down the steps.

“Shay!” My mothers voice carried through the house. I turned to see her walking out of the kitchen, wiping her hands on a dish towel. “Hey, what’s going on today?” She asked, looking me over. I looked at her confused, it never really mattered before what I did.

“Going to band practice, why?” She tossed the dishrag onto the counter and began to slowly walk towards me.

“Are you sure that’s a good idea?” I rolled my eyes, grabbing my purse from the stairs.

“Clearly” My tone sharp, and snippy. Her eyes said it all.

“I don’t know who the hell you think you are lately Shaina, but I sure don’t appreciate the attitude these days. I don’t know what’s going on, but it doesn’t make your behavior acceptable. I expect you to have an adjustment when you get home.” She swiftly turned, and walked away from me. I could hear her slamming cabinets as she began to put dishes in the cupboards. I took a deep breath, the guilt starting to eat at my stomach.

I would fix things with my mom tonight, I know I haven’t been the most pleasant person to be near lately. I popped my headphones in as I began to short walk over to Jaime’s house. I wasn’t sure what to expect from today. Would Tony ignore me, would he ask me to leave, pretend like things never happened. I was terrified to walk into the house, I can just imagine the awkward silence. I wasn’t sure how any of them felt towards me at the moment, besides Mike. I shouldn’t have shut them out, but I didn’t know what else to do.

I was soon in front of the house, I took a deep breath before walking in. Knocking wasn’t something we really did, it was too formal.

“Long time no see Shaina” I heard Mrs.Preciado say as I closed the door behind me. I smiled at her, she was such a wonderful woman. Her dark hair was shoulder length and curly. Her cheeks a rosy red, and her frame petite.

“Sorry Mrs.P. Things have been hectic. I’ve missed your lovely face though” She waved off my flattery, and informed me the boys were all downstairs, though I knew that already from the sound of loud talking coming from below us. I hesitantly made my way down to where they awaited.

“Shay!” I heard Mike shout as I made it to the bottom of the steps. He smiled widely at me, before coming over and engulfing me into his long, lanky arms. I smiled, and hugged him back tightly. “Thanks for coming” he whispered into my hair softly. I nodded slightly, and pulled back. The look on Tony’s face was sharp. His jaw was tense as he focused on the carpet, instead of me. I made my way over to Vic, who seemed just as happy to see me.

“I missed you! I’ve been stuck with these idiots. Mike won’t stop asking to watch Harry Potter on friday nights, Jaime just wants to go get food, and Tony just sits there. I’ve been miserable without you!” He whined jokingly, dramatically throwing his arm around my shoulder.

“Oh pobrecito” I mocked him, gently squeezing his cheek.

Joking around, being with them was the same. I had put myself in a panic over nothing. They were still my best friends, nothing would change that.

“Oh whatever, don’t pretend you don’t love Taco Thursdays Victor!” Jaime shouted from across the room. A light laugh escaped my lips. I allowed myself to finally really look at Tony. He was biting his lip, eyes in a hard stare at nothing in particular. He raised his eyes to look at me, and his facial expression immediately softened.

“Well, uhm. Let’s hear what you guys got” I clapped my hands together, and sat down on my signature spot on the couch.

As they finished playing, I couldn’t keep the smile off of my face. These were my boys, my band. Being here made me happy.

“You guys did amazing. I’ve really missed this” They all smiled back at me. Though I knew they were happy I was there, the awkward tension in the air made us all uneasy.

I looked down at my lap, unsure on what to say or do in this situation.

“Riley,” I looked up, and saw Tony staring right at me, biting his lip. “Wanna go for a walk with me real quick?” He motioned towards the stairs with his head. I nodded silently, and stood up, following him up the stairs and outside.

I folded my arms as we walked side by side down the street together.

“I’m sorry” I whispered quietly. I could feel the stinging behind my eyes, and my throat begin to tighten. I felt Tony’s hand wrap around my arm, lightly tugging on it. I unfolded my arms and allowed him to lace his hand with mine.

“No baby, you have nothing to be sorry for. I over reacted, and then I just left you. I’ve been the world’s biggest dick these past few weeks.” I shook my head in disagreement.

“I deserved it though. You were right, I’ve been stupid. I’m sorry” He leaned over and kissed the side of my head. I stopped walking, forcing him to stop as well.

“I don’t know if I can do this anymore Tony…” I whispered, the tears finally rolling down my cheeks. His face dropped, and he let go of my hand slowly.

“What do you mean Shay?” His body was tense, and his eyes were cold.

“We were so good as friends. And then we got together and all this shit happened. And I’m sorry but I feel like maybe we were just meant to be friends. I love you so much Tony, but I don’t think I can handle us being together right now.” The tears were rushing down my face at this point, and I was choking back sobs. He wrapped me in his arms, and rubbed my back.

“I’m sorry, I’m so, so sorry.” I couldn’t stop apologizing to him.

“Shh, shh. It’s okay. I promise. I’m fine. We can do that okay? I can handle that” He whispered quietly into my hair, before kissing the top of my head.

We walked back to Jaime’s house, and sat on the front lawn.

“I’m sorry” I whispered again. My tears had stopped, but I sat wrapped in Tony’s arms still.

“Hey, you’re back!” Mike, and the guys came outside. They plopped down next to us.

“All good?” Vic asked us, staring at Tony’s arm around me.

I smiled at them, and looked up at Tony.

“Yeah, all good.” Tony sighed, but smiled as well.

“We’re uhm just gonna be friends from now on.”

All the guys nodded. I could tell they were confused by it all, but kept their mouths shut.

I feel terrible for all of this, making things so complicated, but Tony and I were just better off as friends. Plain and simple. I cannot be with him, no matter how much I loved him. He deserved better, and I couldn’t give him everything he should have.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this chapter is by far the worst I've written, but I really needed to get something out. And I needed to get to where I wanted to be, in order to develop the storyline I've figured out in my head. Hopefully the next chapter will be here sooner than 3 months from now. I cannot thank you guys enough for sticking with me through all of this.

Comment with some suggestions or ideas. Let me hear it, even its bad.

Love you guys!