Status: Semi-Active

No Such Thing as Too Young

I'm Afraid, That I've Thrown It All Away

"Shay, Shay, Shay!" was being yelled in my ear, as I woke up. I groggily opened my eyes and saw my younger cousin Danny jumping on my bed. I smiled and sat up, grabbing him by his waist pulling him down onto his butt. "You're awake!" He exclaimed happily, a huge smile lighting up his face. Danny was seven years old, and more like a brother to me than anything else. My aunt traveled a lot for work, so he was often at our house. He even had his own room here, though he usually slept in here with me so nothing got him in his sleep. He was almost out of that phase though. "Well someone was jumping on my bed" I said laughing. He shrugged and hopped off my bed. "Auntie Andi said you and Ashley would take me to the park today"He said excited. "Did she now? Well I better call Ash then. Why don't you go play in your room, while I shower and get ready?" I suggested. He smiled and nodded excited. "Thanks Shay, you're the best" he said hugging me, then running out of my room. I quickly texted Ash to meet me here in twenty minutes. I stripped my clothes off, and got in the shower. The water ran down my body, waking me up. I had cried myself to sleep last night, wondering what I had done wrong with Tony. I loved him, more than I would ever probably admit. I loved the way his hair fell in his eyes, the faces he makes, the way he sings, the comfort of just one hug from him, the way his brown eyes shine, his love for the stupidest things, his childish behavior at times, and his caring ways. There was no way I was going to get through this without him.

I finally shut the water off and got out of the shower. I quickly dried off, and got dressed, applying a little bit of make-up. "Shay! Ashley is here!" my mom called from downstairs. I sprayed my hair with an anti-frizz, deciding straightening it would take way too long. I jogged down the stairs and saw my best friend happily talking to Danny. Everyone kinda just accepted he was a huge part of my life, and was now a huge part of theirs as well. "Ash said we can get ice cream after!" He cheered. I smiled as Ashley ruffled his hair. "She did? Well I guess we better get a move on then huh?" I asked. He nodded excited. I laughed and we headed toward the door. "Hey, how are you feeling Hun?" Ashley asked me, as we trailed behind Danny. I glanced at her, sympathy on her face. I had called her in tears last night discussing my suspicions about my parents, and everything with Tony. Well not everything, just the kiss. I shrugged not too sure on how to answer the question at hand. "Okay, Better than last night." She smiled at me, and we followed Daniel outside. The garage door was open next door, and I heard guitar coming from inside. "TONY!" Danny yelled running into The Perry's garage. Ashley and I looked at each other and quickly walked over, standing just outside the garage on the driveway. "Hey little man!" Tony was hugging Danny. They pulled away and high fived. "Is that your new guitar? It's so cool Tony!" Danny rapidly spoke to him. He smiled, chuckling. "Yeah it is, maybe later I can teach you some stuff. Would that be cool?" He asked him. Danny's face lite up like it was Christmas all over again. "THAT WOULD BE SO COOL!" He shouted, jumping up. Tony simply just laughed and then glanced up at me. He gave me a small smile and did a little head nod hello. I smiled back and looked down. I wasn't sure how to act around him after yesterday. How sad is it that I feel weird around my best friend. "Shay! Can Tony come to the park with us?" Danny asked me, running over to me, hugging my waist. "I, I uhm. I don't. I" I couldn't even get a sentence out. "Come on Tony!" Danny screamed running towards the playground at the end of the street. "Danny wait!" Ashley called, running after him. I shook my head at the sight of those two and looked back at Tony. "You better come so he doesn't get upset." I simply stated before walking away.

"Shay, wait up!" Tony called from behind me. His hand linked with mine, pulling me to a stop. "Can we talk about yesterday?" A glimmer of hope in his eyes. I shrugged, pulled my hand away and began to walk again. "I suppose" Tony was walking right beside me, he ran his hand through his already messy, but cute hair.
No stop it Shay, you are suppose to be mad.
"Look, I'm sorry for being a jerk, I just wasn't entirely sure how to react." He glanced over at me, waiting for a reply. When he didn't get one he continued. "I just, I don't want to ruin what we already have. You know?" He said, a hopeful look on his adorable face. As we reached the park, I turned to look at him. "I- Yeah I get it Tony. No hard feelings" I said giving him a weak smile. He let out a sigh of relief and pulled me into his arms. "Thank God." He kissed the top of my head, and we both turned to look at Shay playing tag with Danny. We both laughed and looked at each other. "Best friends?" he asked holding out his pinky. I smiled widely, and linked my pinky with his. "Best friends" I agreed.
We kept our fingers locked as we walked over to my younger cousin running around. "Tag! You're it Shay!" He called out excitedly as he tapped my arm. I let go of Tony and ran after him. I felt someone watching me, and stopped for a moment, to catch Tony staring at me, a smile on his face still. I smiled back and began to run after Daniel again. I finally caught up to him ruffling his hair, and announced he was it, as I kept jogging. I stopped next to Ashley. "So are things cool now?" she asked me as we watched Danny hell bent on getting Tony. I nodded. "Yeah, things are fine." I said smiling at the two boys. It always amazed me how wonderful Tony was with him. Whenever I babysat Danny, even as a baby instead of one of the girls helping, it was Tony. He loved him just as much as I did, wanted to be a role model for him, and teach him the things his mom, nor I could. I was snapped out of my trance when Ashley squealed running away as Tony ran at us. I screamed as well and turned to run. I only made it a few steps before Tony wrapped his arms around my waist from behind and began to spin me around. I squeaked, and began to giggle. "You get her Tony!" I heard Danny cheer from the top of the play set. "You're it Shaina" He whispered in my ear, before kissing my check. A blush lite my checks up as he set me down. He jogged up the stairs to the area where Danny was, and lifted him onto his back, all the while watching me. I walked over to Ashley, hands up to signal I was out. "What was that about?" she asked as we sat down in the soft grass together. I ran a hand through my hair, sorting it all out. "I wish I knew.." I sighed. "Look Shay, I love you, and Tony, but...." She trailed off. I looked at her, afraid of the but that I knew she was going to tell me. "But, what Ashley" I asked, just wanting her honest opinion. "But it seems like he is kinda fucking with your feelings, and that isn't cool with me" She said, crossing her arms. I shook my head. "We both know that isn't Tony's thing" I said. Her lips formed a tight line, and I could tell by the look on her face she was trying to word whatever she was going to say right. "People change" she simply stated and then nodded to Tony and Danny coming towards us.
"Let's go get ice cream!" Danny said, and pulled on mine and Ashley's hands to stand up. We sighed but forced ourselves to get up and follow the boys to the ice cream shop a few blocks away.

By eight-thirty Danny was asleep in his room satisfied with having gone to the park, got ice cream, and having convinced Tony to come over a few hours ago to teach him some guitar and watch cartoons.
I jogged down the stairs in clothes that were much more comfortable and flung my body onto the couch. "I'm exhausted!" I whined putting my feet in Tony's lap. He chuckled. "I like having Danny around. He's a cool kid" He said flipping channels on TV. I nodded and let out a yawn. Tony looked over at me, taking in my appearance. "I know you had your hands full running around today, but you can't be that tired, this early." He told me in a light, joking tone. I shrugged. Running around wasn't exactly what wore me out, it was crying most the night over being in love with you, and you kissing me. But I would never admit that to him. "Danny got me up early" I slightly lied. He gave me a look as if to tell me he didn't believe me, but he dropped it and kept flipping channels. He finally settled on Adventure Time, laughing at the antics on the show. I relaxed into the couch, and studied him , which I find myself doing quite a lot. His smile met his eyes as he watched the cartoon. His dark hair sat in just the right way, his laugh rang out. It was a familiar, comforting sound that made a small smile appear on my face. My heavy eyes began to drift shut, the sleep trying to take over me.

"Shay?" I heard Tony asked quietly. "Hmmm" I moaned out a small reply. "Are you sleeping?" he questioned childishly, readjusting his body so his legs were next to mine on the small couch. "Not yet Tone, not yet" I whispered. "Oh.. He rested his hand on my leg. I forced my eyes to open a bit and look at him. He had shut the lamp off, the only light coming from the now muted TV. "You okay?" I asked quietly. He looked at me, his eyes piercing mine, like he was trying to read my mind. He nodded. "Yeah, I'm perfectly fine." He sat up, only to put his head next to mine, turning our bodies onto our sides so we both could squeeze in. I let out a small giggle as he tried to put his back against the couch more to give me room so I wouldn't fall off. "Why can't we just lay in your room?" he whined, catching me as I almost fell off.. "Too lazy" I replied as my eyes fluttered close again. "I can handle that" He told me proudly. I felt arms lift me up causing me to open my eyes, once again. Tony was carrying me bridal style towards the stairs. I buried my face into his chest. "What are you doing Tony?" I asked, sleep filling my voice. "Taking your lazy ass to bed" He told me, kissing the top of my head. I smiled, and inhaled his scent. God that sounds creepy. He lay me down on my bed, soon after climbing in under the covers as well. I shivered. "Why is it so damn cold in here? Fucking AC" I mumbled. Tony laughed moving closer to me, wrapped his strong arms around me, holding me to his chest. "Just go to sleep Shay" He whispered nuzzling his chin on top of my head. I sighed. "As you wish Tony" I told him.

"Hey shay?" he whispered.
"Yes Tony?" I answered even more quiet than he was.
"I love you, Sweet dreams" He told me, tightened his grip on me.
"I love you too Tone" I told him, kissing his chest where my head lay.
I knew he didn't mean it the way I did, but I still fell asleep with a smile on my face that night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry the updates are so far apart. I'm trying, I really am. I just need the motivation to write.
Let me know what you think.
Thanks for being so patient. <3