Bulletproof Love

Chapter One

Emily’s chocolate eyes fluttered open and she let out a heavy breath. Someone hadn’t shut the curtains last night, so the morning sun was filtering in through all seven feet of wood framed glass paneling, shining golden and warm on the cast iron framed bed. She looked down to the foot of the bed, where Vic, her boyfriend of nine years, was digging through the dresser across the room, only a pair of low slung, loose fitting boxers adorning his thin frame.

She smiles to herself, wrapping the thin white sheet that had been covering her around her naked body and silently creeping out of bed. Her bare feet touch the soft, beige rug that covers most of the hardwood floor in the room and a bit of the sheet drags behind her as she pads mutely across the room. By the time she reaches him, Vic’s found a pair of jeans, and is holding them up, inspecting them to see if they’re clean. He jumps slightly when Emily wraps her arms loosely around his waist, resting her chin atop his bare shoulder.

“Morning.” She smiles and replies:

“Good morning.” She pauses, pressing a gentle kiss to his tan skin. “Where are you going?” He didn’t usually get up before noon for at least a week after a tour ended, and here he was, up at eight in the morning.

“Meeting the guys for breakfast.” She pulled away, frowning slightly as he pulled on the jeans.

“Thanks for inviting me.” She turned around, pulling the sheet tighter around her before going to sit in one of the cream fabric chairs by the arched window, putting her feet up on the leather ottoman in between the chair where she sat, and its twin. Her gaze was cast upon the large suburban sprawl they lived in the middle of, where children were riding bikes and adults were leaving for work. It didn’t take more than a few seconds for Vic to come over to the window as well. He stood behind her, pulling her dark chestnut waves into a loose bunch at the back of her neck and bending down to press a few small kisses down her neck, and across her shoulder. “You just got back.” She pouted to the window, crossing her arms over her sheet covered chest. She wouldn’t admit it just then, but with each small press of lips to skin, she could feel more goose bumps rise on her flesh.

“Te amo.” Vic whispered, his lips still pressed to the bare skin of her shoulder.

“Vete a la mierda Vic. I’m mad at you.” The tips of his fingers began trailing down her arm, and his warm breath ghosted over her bare skin, and she could feel some of the anger begin to ebb away. His calloused fingertips slowly made their way down her arm, to her wrist, then back up to just below her elbow where they changed their course, making their way across her ribcage and toying with the folds of the sheet. He brought his face up so it was level with Emily’s, and let his breath wash over her face. Anyone else would have thought this off-putting, considering he hadn’t brushed his teeth yet, but after they’d been together so long, little things like morning breath ceased to bother her.

Vic nuzzled her cheek softly, and let his fingertips slip past where the folds of the sheet met. Skin met skin, and an uneven breath escaped past Emily’s lips. Her eyelids fluttered closed as Vic’s fingertips drifted across her abdomen. The top of his hand barely brushed the bottom of her bare breast, but it was enough for her to let out a small moan. That was all it took. Before she knew it, Vic was standing in front of the chair; both hands had managed to find their way under the sheet, and onto her waist. The action had pulled the sheet apart from her waist down, leaving a good portion of her bottom half exposed for Vic to see, and she could already see the effect it was having on him.

He pulled her up so she was standing, pressed against him. His forearms were holding the sheet open still, so her naked bottom half was met with his clothed bottom half, and vice versa. Their lips met in a kiss somewhere in between soft and rough. Their tongues met, and Vic’s rough hands traveled up Emily’s sides, to the top of the sheet where they untucked the material from itself and let it drop to the floor. He began walking backwards towards the bed, pulling Emily with him; switching their positions last minute, so when the couple fell on to the soft mattress, he was the one on top.

Emily grinned as they shimmied further up the bed; she loved it when Vic came home from tour.
♠ ♠ ♠
First story, I'd love to hear what you think!