Bulletproof Love

Chapter Eleven

Emily didn’t exactly know what to do about Vic. She was feeling a lot right now; anger, confusion, a little sadness was mixed in there, and for the first time since she found out she was pregnant, she was scared. She was scared he wouldn’t want anything to do with either of them, she was scared that she would have to do this all alone, she was scared that she wasn’t going to be a good mother, and she was scared that she wouldn’t get the chance to be a mother at all. She didn’t think it was normal to be thinking about most of that this early on, she was supposed to be basking in the joy of finding out she was going to be a mom.

A mental health day was what she really needed. So she decided she would go to the park down the block, to clear her head. It wasn’t actually the best idea, though, as it turned out. Now that babies were on her mind, seeing little kids running around, smiling and laughing just brought back memories, one particularly painful one to be exact. She began thinking about all the little things she still had stashed in the crawlspace above the garage; little bows and soft blankets. Vic didn’t know she still had any of it. He thought she had gotten rid of it a long time ago, along with the rest of the stuff they had collected in preparation for the oncoming journey of parenthood. She wondered what he would say if he did know. Would he be angry? Or would he understand why it was she kept them?

A million thoughts were running through her head, she could feel the tension rising up in the front of her head in the form of a headache. Before she had the chance to get too lost in her thoughts, she was joined on the little bench she had been sitting on for god knows how long, startled out of her thoughts by a familiar face.

“Hey Em.” His smile was kind, and she tried to return it as best she could. She couldn’t really say if it came out very convincing or not though.

“Hey Mike, what are you doing here?” She really doubted he came here without a purpose. She knew him better than that by now.

“I went to your parent’s house to see you and your mom told me I should look here.” Sometimes she wondered how it was possible for her mother to know her so well; she swore half the time she knew Emily better than Emily knew herself.

“Well, you found me.” She pulled her shoulders up to her ears before dropping them again. She was almost positive she knew exactly why Mike was there, and she didn’t know how she really felt about it.

“I did.” Mike nodded, “I came to talk about my brother.” Emily pursed her lips, keeping her gaze fixed forward.

“What about him?”

“He told me what happened.” Emily nodded, encouraging him to go on, although she wasn’t really sure if she really wanted him to. “He’s pretty upset.”

“Just say whatever you want to say Mike.” Emily sighed. She really hadn’t meant to come off rude, but she had little to no patience at that moment in time.

“I’m not going to take sides here. I think it’s kind of shitty that you didn’t tell him, and I think it’s kind of shitty that he left like he did; but you have to understand what’s going through his head right now. He’s just as scared as you are Em.” Emily had always thought Mike and Vic’s relationship was great. They were so close to each other, and as an only child it was something she always wished she could have. Sometimes it was just annoying though. Right now particularly because she knew Vic had told him exactly what he was thinking and feeling about the situation, and she wished he had told her. It was their problem and she wanted to work it out with him, not his little brother.

“What about what I’m thinking? He obviously didn’t take that into consideration when he walked out the door.” She retorted.

“You’re both too stubborn for your own good. I’ve been trying to get him to come see you since it happened, and he won’t budge. One of you is going to have to be the bigger person eventually or your relationship is going to fall apart.” Emily stared forward stoically while Mike got up from the bench and walked away. People seemed to be doing that a lot lately; walking away.

But maybe Mike was right.
♠ ♠ ♠
New chapter in less than a week woooo. I'm sorry if it's not what you were expecting but this plays an important role in the story i promise. Plus, next chapter will have sweet Vic in it for all of you who like that c: