Bulletproof Love

Chapter Seven

Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck. Fuck. How could she have been so stupid? She had completely forgottn about what she was trying to hide when she sent Vic down to get the towels, and she had no idea how to explain this one. The truth was complicated, and she really didn’t want to play the sympathy card, but she didn’t want to lie to Vic either.

“Are you pregnant?” He wasn’t yelling, which was what clued Emily into how angry he actually was. They could yell and scream back and forth at each other all they wanted, as you could guess those kinds of fights could come and go pretty freely, but it was when one, or both, of them had that calm, staid air about them that she knew it was going to be serious.

“No, I’m not.” The expression he wore was conflicted, and more than anything Emily wished she knew what it was he was thinking at that moment.

“Were you ever planning on telling me?” He looked up at her through dark eyelashes.

“I didn’t see the point in creating an unnecessary panic.”

“What about now?”

“I didn’t see the point in telling you I wasn’t pregnant either.” Emily went over to the dresser and started rifling through the drawers.

“So you only planned on telling me if you were pregnant?” Emily nodded, dropping her towel and pulling on a pair of underwear, followed by a bra. “Do you think that’s fair to either of us Emily?”

“I’m not pregnant so what’s the big deal?” She asked, pulling a blue Glamour Kills shirt over her head.

“The big deal? The big deal is that you never include me in anything important anymore. Did you ever stop to think that maybe I wanted to be included in things like this?”

“You didn’t seem to want to be included when we lost Bailey.” They both fell silent. A line had been crossed, and they both felt it.

“We talked about that. You know I didn’t mean anything I said or did then.” Vic’s voice cracked a little bit, and Emily felt a little guilty about bringing that up, but she really hadn’t meant to. She wasn’t thinking and it just came out.

“I know, I’m sorry; I didn’t mean that.” She went to sit next to him on the bed, resting her head in her hands.

“Do you really feel that way?” The pain in his voice was plenty audible, and it made her heart ache.

“No. I don’t know why I said that.” The laugh that managed escape from her parted lips was dry, and it didn’t sound like her at all. The pair sat in silence for a few minutes, and in that time Emily thought to herself. She knew they both needed some time to cool down, how long they would need she didn’t know, but she knew it would be more than the possible few hours it would take for the party to disperse. “I think I’m going to stay with my parents.” He didn’t try to stop her as she got up from the bed and made her way downstairs, cementing her decision.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry this took so long to get out, and I'm so sorry about how short it is. MY life has gotten so hectic. I've started school and I'm taking AP/Honors courses, so I always seem to have a shit ton of homework, I got my first car (a '93 4Runner) and it's in pretty good condition, but it sat for a year so it's got a few problems and we've been running around trying to find used parts to fix it with and then of course working on the car itself. I've also been sick. We knew my shotty immune system would catch up with me eventually, but we thought I'd pick up something at school. But when we went to pick up my car, we went and saw my sister, and her two kids. Haylee, my 2 1/2 year old niece comes out of her room and says 'Mommy, I don't feel very good.' It was adorable, and I felt so bad for her I cuddled with her all day. Bad idea. But anyway, I promise you all that this story will never not be updated, it just might take me a while sometimes.

Also, I'm looking for a beta for this story, so if you're interested, please inbox me.

You all are amazing, thank you to anyone who's still reading this.