Status: <3

Scars of Your Love

Chapter 3

Friday night soon came and the four of us were hanging out in the park. It was mid-March so the weather wasn’t too bad. The park was pretty empty apart from the ever-present smell of weed and litter. You kind of got used to it though. “Tomorrow’s gonna be sick,” Will said.
“I know. We need to stock up on some beer though,” Vegas agreed.
“Yeah, Nick and I will run down to Bargain Booze or something tomorrow to get some,” Bolton offered.
“Okay then. Be at my house for six. Yeah?”
“Yeah,” they all said as we headed home.

I slid my keys into the lock and stepped into the flat. It had returned to its usual messy, grimy state. I decided I had best tidy up ready for tomorrow. Getting a black sack, I filled it with empty beer cans, chocolate wrappers and all the other rubbish that was covering the floor. Then I did some washing up which cleared a lot of space in the kitchen. Quickly, I wiped the surfaces, ran the hoover round and headed to my bedroom to tidy up. The apartment was quite small: an open-plan kitchen/living area, 2 bedrooms and a bathroom. But with the amount of mess I had made, it took me a good three hours to get the house looking perfect. My arms ached and my stomach was rumbling so I decided to order pizza. I had half an hour until it would come so I decided to phone Dotty to check she was still coming. “Hello?” she said quietly. “Hey Dotty, it’s me.”
“Oh, hey Shona.”
“I was just checking if you’re still up for tomorrow.”
“Umm…about that. I don’t think I’m gonna come anymore.”
“Why not?”
“I don’t really fit in at parties. I don’t know what to wear or how to act or what to do. I might just stay at home.”
“Nope. You are coming whether you like it or not.”
“But I have nothing to wear.” I sighed.
“Look, come round to mine tomorrow at eleven o’ clock and we’ll get the bus into town. We can go shopping and we’ll find you something nice. I might even get something myself,” I decided.
“Are you sure?”
“Yeah, course I am. We’ll make a day of it.”
“Alright then. I’ll see you tomorrow.”
“Yeah, see ya.” I put down the phone and went to my room to check how much money I had: twenty one pounds, eighty three pence. Rolling my eyes, I picked up the phone and tapped in dad’s number. “Hello.”
“Hey dad, I need a favour.”
“Hello sweetie. What’s up?”
“I’m going shopping tomorrow and I’ve run out of money. Could you give me something?”
“Sure honey. In my room, in the lamp shade, the broken one, there’s a key in there. You got it?” I did as I was told and quickly found a small silver key.
“Got it.”
“Alright. Go to the safe in my wardrobe and put in the code 1539. The lock’s a bit stiff but oh well.”
“Okay, yeah got it. Thanks.”
“No problem. Take a hundred but no more than that. Remember to put the key back and don’t go stealing anything else from there.”
“I won’t,” I laughed.
“Good girl. I’ve got to go but I’ll see you next Saturday, yeah?”
“Yeah.”
“Bye then.”
“See ya.” I put the phone down and took the money from the safe. Then I locked it up and put the key away. The doorbell rang and I went to grab the pizza. Flicking on the television, I opened the box and dug in.

I got up the next day and put on some black leather trousers, a Superdry top and a denim jacket. Delving through my jewellery box, I found some black skull hoop earrings. Finally, I tied my hair up in a bun, put on some make-up and found myself some shoes. (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=46467108 )

Walking into the kitchen, I rifled through the cupboards, looking for something for breakfast. There wasn’t much to choose from so I settled for some beans on toast. Dotty arrived at eleven o clock and we headed into town. “How much money you got?” I asked.
“Ninety, you?”
“A hundred,” I said.
“Who’s coming tonight?” she asked, her face suddenly going red with panic.
“Don’t worry. Elisha and Katy won’t hurt you.” She shrugged. “Where first?” I asked as we stepped off the bus.
“I don’t know. You choose.”
“Umm…Topshop?”
“Okay then.” We turned the corner and pushed open the door to the shop. It was really busy but we soon got to the dress section. “Alright, what kinda thing were you thinking?” She shrugged. “I really don’t know. I usually have my dresses custom made for me but none of them are really…nice,” she said.
“Shit. So what kind of colour? What length? What style?”
“You choose. Seriously. I trust you.” I sighed and started looking round.
“Well, I think blue, purple or black would suit you.” I quickly picked up a few dresses for her aswell as some for me and led the way to the changing rooms.

Four hours later, we were sitting on the bus home. I had got a coral coloured dress for the party, a leather jacket, a pink Jack Wills hoodie and some gorgeous black boots. Dotty bought a pretty blue dress for the party, some silver hoop earrings and some tan coloured chinos. I even tempted her to some fake Uggs. Somehow, I knew her parents would kill her when they found out what she had bought. As far as they were aware, she had come to my house to ‘play’ and then have a sleepover. We got home and got into our dresses. “You look amazing, I wish I looked like you,” Dotty said glumly, looking at herself in my cracked bedroom mirror. “Believe me you don’t. You’re naturally pretty. You have no idea how much effort it takes me to look like this: conditioner, dye, hairspray, foundation, concealer, powder, fake lashes, fake nails, fake tan, moisturiser, cleanser and the rest. You just look great all the time.” She smiled. Okay so I wouldn’t usually choose someone like Dorothy as a friend but she seemed so honest. Most girls say they’re ugly for attention but I could tell Dotty genuinely thought of herself as ugly. She was hated for being so posh and she knew it. I think she was just grateful someone had actually wanted to hang out with her. “Let me do your hair,” I offered, taking out a huge box of make-up and hair products. Gently, I brushed her long brown hair, curled it and added a bit of hairspray. Then I did her make-up. I let her borrow my black necklace and some silver studded black heeled shoes.
(http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=46476599 )

I wore my coral coloured dress with some black and silver flower earrings, a little black bag, some heels and a pretty silver necklace.
(http://www.polyvore.com/random_outfit/set?id=45710186 )

Then we went into the living room and put on the latest Club Land CD. The guys were due any minute, everyone else at half seven. I cracked open two cans of beer and handed one to Dotty. “No thanks, my parents would kill me.”
“Your parents aren’t here,” I smiled. She sighed and took a small sip from the can. She coughed. I could tell she wasn’t used to the taste. The doorbell rang and I ran to let the guys in. “Hey,” they all smiled.
“You alright?” I asked.
“We’re cool,” they replied as Dotty walked over. They didn’t say anything but I knew what they were thinking. The silence said it all.
“She looks amazing, doesn’t she?” I smiled. They all nodded.
“You both do,” Bolt laughed politely.
“You guys don’t look too bad yourselves.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really sorry about the length of these chapters. I wrote it, planning to publish it but now I'm posting it here aswell so it's a bit detailed and boring but I hope you'll carry on reading. :D xoxo