Status: <3

Scars of Your Love

Chapter 7

It was a warm May evening and the five of us were messing around in the woods. It wasn’t so much a wood really – more a clump of trees but no one ever went there except us. “Beer?” Will asked. We each took a can. I nudged Dotty. She did as we had earlier agreed: distract the guys while I spoke to Bolt. “I’m hungry,” she said.
“Me too,” said Vegas.
“Shall we go and get something then?” Dotty asked.
“Yeah sure,” Vegas sighed, clambering to his feet.
“Will, are you gonna come?”
“Nah…can’t be bothered.”
“Please…”
“Fine,” he sighed. Bolton and I sat in silence as the three of them left the woods. I looked around, checking that there was no one else lurking around. Bolton shifted uncomfortably on the log he was sitting on. “Okay, can I speak to you?” I said nervously, perching next to him. “Oh shit, what have I done now?” We faked a laugh but we could both feel the tension between us. Despite trying to keep calm, my heart was racing and I could already feel myself blushing. “Nothing. It’s just…God, this is harder than I thought it’d be,” I mumbled.
“What? That you love me uncontrollably and can’t think straight whenever I’m around?” he joked, trying to break the tension. Oh God, oh God, oh God. This was it. Now or never. “Well actually…yeah.”
“Haha, very funny.”
“No, I’m serious. Ever since the party, I can’t stop thinking about you. I hardly see you anymore and I miss you like crazy and I hate how you never call me anymore and when I think of you drifting, I don’t know what to do. I’ve wanted to tell you for ages but I never know what to say and….” I dropped my head in my hands.
“Hey…” he soothed.
“Oh no, I’m babbling…”
“Shona?” he smiled, taking my hands from my face. He looked straight at me and I blushed. Before I knew it, his lips were pressed up against mine. That same feeling of warmth and happiness returned and I wanted to stay with him forever. “I love you too,” he smiled and kissed me again.

Dotty, Vegas and Will returned a few minutes later with some burgers and chips. We sat and ate, all chatting a laughing. It reminded me of the old days when we were all really close, before Dotty came. It wasn’t her fault that things went wrong; I knew perfectly well what it was. Maybe things would be better now that Bolton knew how I felt. But the more important thing was that he felt the same. At least I think he did. We didn’t talk anymore about it but he must do; he wouldn’t have kissed me if he didn’t. After all this time I spend crying and panicking and wishing he would like me back, he did, he really, really did. “It went okay then, I take it,” whispered Dotty. She must have noticed me and Bolton staring and laughing at each other. I nodded. “What did he say?”
“He said he loves me too.”
“That’s good then.”
“Totally. You know what he’s like; he’s not really into sitting and talking about feelings and all that so that’s all that was said really.”
“See? You should have done this ages ago like I said.” I laughed.

Later that night, I was sitting in my room watching tele when the phone rang. It was Bolton.
“Hey beautiful,” he smiled.
“You called,” I said.
“I know, I just thought since…” he trailed off.
“Yeah, anyway, are you okay?”
“I’m alright babe, you?”
“I’m okay.”
“Good.”
“Hey, I was thinking, do you want to come round for a bit tomorrow?”
“Okay, I’m going out with Den tonight so I’ll probably lay in for a bit but I could come at about one?”
“Bolt, it’s ten thirty.”
“I know, I won’t be out long. Is that okay then?”
“Yeah, that’s cool.”
“Alright then, you get some sleep, I love you.”
“I love you too,” I grinned, putting the phone down on the side. I went into the kitchen, had a glass of juice and went to sleep.

I woke up at eleven thirty the next morning. I had an hour and a half until Bolton arrived and I had no idea what to wear. I wanted to make some effort but not look like I tried too hard. It was weird that I suddenly found it so nerve racking around Bolton. I’d never felt like this before. It was no different. I guess this just changed everything. It went from being able to talk to him about anything and feeling totally confident to getting butterflies every time I saw him. In the end, I chose some denim shorts, a cropped American flag print jumper, black leather studded boots and a cute oversized orange flower ring. (http://www.polyvore.com/shonas_outfit/set?id=47109555 ) Then I brushed my hair into a bun and put on a bit of make-up. It was now half twelve and the house was still a tip so I skipped breakfast and cleaned up instead. The place was horrible but a quick clear up of all the crisp packets and beer cans helped. Then I emptied the dish washer and filled it with all the dirty cups and plates littered around the house. The doorbell rang and I quickly brushed off the sofas and ran to let Bolton in. “Hey beautiful,” he smiled, giving me a kiss.
“Hiya.” He came in and we sat on the sofa. He was wearing a blue shirt that showed off his muscles and his hair was styled and spiked up at the front. “Do you want a drink?” I asked.
“Can I have a coffee please babe?”
“Nothing stronger?”
“Naah, I’m still a bit out of it after last night.”
“So what did ya get up to?”
“Not much, Den and I just went to the club, had a few drinks and came home.”
“Cool, you know yesterday, do you really feel the same way?” I asked boiling the kettle. He shuffled uncomfortably in his seat. “Why else do you think I kept avoiding you?” I shrugged. “Come on then, how long?” I laughed.
“Oh…I don’t know,” he mumbled.
“How long?” I said, glaring at him.
“Not that long…just…I don’t know…like…” I rolled my eyes.
“Come on, I’m not gonna care: 3 days, 3 months, 3 years? It doesn’t make any difference to me.” He sighed.
“Okay…about a year.” I smiled and felt like fireworks were going over in my head.
“Why didn’t you say anything?”
“I didn’t know what you’d think.”
“Oh come on, no one says no to you.”
“Maybe it’s just that me and you; well we’ve been friends forever. I don’t really want to mess that up. Anyway, what about you?” he asked, taking a sip of his coffee.
“I don’t really know. I can’t deny that I’d never thought about you in that way but it wasn’t until the party that something clicked.” He nodded, putting his arm around me. “So…truths?” I asked.
“Go on then. You first.”
“Alright.”
“Umm…if you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?”
“Ibiza of course.” He laughed.
“Oh yeah.”
“Your turn, what do you think of Dotty?”
“She’s gorgeous.”
“Hey,” I joked, hitting him lightly on the arm. He laughed.
“Wow…um, at first she was a bit weird but she’s pretty cool I guess. Do you hate your dad being away all the time?”
“I don’t hate him. It annoys me, yeah. I know he has to work and all that but it was hard enough my mum abandoning me, let alone him aswell, you know?” He squeezed my hand. “What about you? What do you think of your parents?”
“They’re a bit thick aren’t they?”
“That’s where you get it from then,” I laughed.
“Ahem. Naah, they’re alright, they’re just a bit…boring.”
“What do they do actually?”
“My mum’s a cleaner and my dad’s a truck driver. Like I said - boring.”
“What are you gonna be then?”
“I’m gonna be a dealer, init?” My eyes widened in shock. “I’m kidding hun. I dunno, maybe I’ll work in a nightclub or a pub or something. They’ll be lots of those in Ibiza.” I shrugged. “What about you?”
“I want to be a therapist.”
“Like a counsellor?”
“Yeah.”
“A therapist and a barman, ha.” I laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it <3 xoxo