No More.

1/1

The small framed girl stood in the cluttered living room of the dilapidated house that was inhabited by her and her mother. She could hear fumbling upstairs as well as muffled voices, sending chills up her spine. She heard footsteps at the top of the stairs. They were heavy and masculine, causing her heart rate to accelerate.

The intoxicated man, her mother’s latest catch, sauntered over to her. He placed his clammy hands on her chin, making her look up at him. “You want a piece of this? You’re hotter than her anyway.” He moved his head down and kissed her, his alcohol-stained breath enveloping her. She pushed him off and wiped her mouth, running to the kitchen for safety.

The man waved his arm and stumbled a little bit more, turning towards her. “Whatever, you’re both sluts anyway,” he yelled, so that her mother upstairs could also hear. He left the house, leaving the girl standing in the kitchen by herself.

It wasn’t long before her mother came down the stairs, running at her. Her hand collided with the girls face and she spit at her feet, anger seething through her teeth. “Laura, you’ve always been a little bitch. And now you’re a skank too, trying to steal Johnny away from me. You make me sick. Don’t even think about waking me up tonight.” With that she shoved past Laura and headed back up the staircase, slamming her bedroom door behind her.

Laura stood in the kitchen for a moment, anger boiling inside with each passing second. She reached her hands behind her, opening one of the wooden drawers. She felt around, her hands grazing the metal objects inside. Finally she grasped what she was looking for and retrieved the knife from the drawer. Slowly she turned the knife over in her hand, feeling the cold metal of the blade between her fingers.

She once again tucked her hands behind her back and moved from the kitchen, heading for the stairs. She took one step at a time, anticipating the coming event. With each screech of the staircase, Laura’s heart fluttered even more. She got to the top and stood outside her mother’s bedroom for a moment. Her hand grasped the knob and turned it, as Laura opened the door and stepped inside.

Immediately her mother began screaming and yelling at her; profanities and slurs that no human being should be subjected to. Laura ignored the yelling and moved forward, taking the knife and putting it in front of her. She pounced on the bed and stabbed repeatedly, letting out the years of built up anger. She stopped when her mother’s body became lifeless and stood up, leaving the knife behind.

She walked to her room, leaving a red trail behind her. She crawled into her bed and pulled the covers over her, closing her eyes. For once, there was silence in the house and her abuse was no more.