Status: Dedicated to: CryingInk

Past, Present, and Future

Chapter One

Crystal stared blankly out of the divination classroom window. It was not that she did not like the class, she loved it. Mainly because it was the only class she had with both of her best friends. James; he was Harry Potter's oldest son, and Emilynn; she was Luna Lovegood's step daughter. She was also a metamorphmagus, she usually had blonde hair and pale blue eyes like her mom. However, she actually had brown hair and long-hook-like nose and brown eyes.

Crystal snapped out of her thoughts when a piece of paper hit her in the back of the head. She quickly turned around, to see James looking her and then to the ball of parchment on the floor. Crystal rolled her eyes, but bent down to pick it up anyway. Before she opened it, she glanced around the classroom. Emilynn was sitting next to her, her eyebrows raised. Emilynn and James had a complicated relationship. Emilynn was smart, very smart. In third year, she was already taking the forth year Potions course. James, however...was smart, but chose to procrastinate and use his uncle Gorges' joke shop merchandise on the poor, unsuspecting first years. Crystal looked down at the piece of parchment, and unfolded it.

Can I copy your notes after class? Crystal turned around, glaring at him. All that just to ask to copy some notes? Even if he hadn't asked, he would anyway. Crystal scribbled down her response and tossed it back when she knew Trelawny wasn't looking. James glared at her, rolling his eyes as she smirked. He scribbled something down, and tossed it to Emilynn.

"Say no." Crystal whispered, smirking. Emilynn looked at her, and unfolded the parchment. The two of them giggled when she turned around tossing it back to James, shaking her head no.

"Why?"James whispered, clearly annoyed.

"Because you are perfectly capable of getting them from yourself." Crystal whispered, "Ask Hugo."

"Because Hugo is defiantly going to have the notes." Emilynn whispered, sarcastically. Hugo Weasley was just like James. Smart, but a complete idiot sometimes.

"Please Crystal, " James started, but was cut off by the older, scratchy voice of their professor.

"Is their something the three of you need to share with the rest of the class?" Trelawny asked, her hair was tied back in a purple and yellow bandanna. Her big hazel eyes seemed ten times bigger as she gazed at the three through her thick, and round glasses.

"No, professor. Sorry, for interrupting." Emilynn said, Crystal rolled her eyes. Emilynn was always the teacher's pet. It was probably part of the reason why she got such great marks. All the professor's loved her. Crystal turned around and glared at James when she heard him chuckling behind them.

After the class, Crystal slid her things in her book bag. Just as she was reaching for her divination textbook, someone clearly went out of their way to knock it off on the other side of the table.

"What was that for, Longbottom?" Crystal spat, glaring up at him. He was popular, smart, star seeker on the Slytherin Quidditch team. He was also the stereotypical Slytherin, a complete jerk.

"What are you going to do, Malfoy?" He asked, smirking. "Have your death-eater-daddy come and-"

"Shut your mouth, Longbottom." James snapped, cutting him off.

"Standing up for your girlfriend, now. Are you, Potter?" He asked, chuckling.

The two of them glared at him. "You know, Longbottom...instead of stopping other people from putting their textbooks away," Emilynn started, standing up. "you should try remembering your own." She finished, pointing to the table he was sitting at. Where his book bag sat. "Unless you just want an excuse to come to talk to us," She paused, as Crystal stood up. "come on, lets go to lunch you guys." She said walking passed Crystal, James and Crystal fallowed her.

Once at the Gryffindor table, James sat next to Crystal and Emilynn sat next to Victorie Weasley. Her parents were Bill and Fluer Weasley. Victorie had blonde hair, and pale skin with bright blue eyes. She was never all that talkative, but today she was more talkative them both James and Crystal.

"Alright, what is it?" Emilynn asked, "You aren't still upset about what Longbottom said..."

"What did he say this time?" Victorie asked, looking at Emilynn.

"The usual, little things just to throw James and Crystal off for the quidditch match-" Emilynn was saying before Victorie cut her off.

"That's right!" She beamed, "I completely forgot about the match tomorrow." She smiled, if there was one thing she loved more then Muggle Ruins, and helping her aunt Hermione with S.P.E.W...it was Quidditch. "James, you will do just fine. So will you Crystal."

"Just fine?" James asked, raising his eyebrows. "That's what Longbottom wants."

"James, you always beat him-"

"Oh yeah? What about the last match? O-or the one before that? Then last year, remember the first match?"He asked, his voice getting louder and more irritated each time he reminded himself of something.
Crystal glanced over her shoulder at the Slytherin table, after she thought for a moment "James, do you still have some of the stuff you got from your uncle?"

"I'm not cheating." James stated, in a flat and boring tone.

Crystal rolled her eyes, "Fine." She thought for a moment, "If he want's to throw us off our game, we can throw him off too."

"How?" James and Emilynn asked in unison. Victorie had directed her conversation to someone else at the table. All three of them were fine with that.

Crystal shrugged, "Longbottom is competitive." She started, pausing.

"Really competitive, so if he doesn't think you can catch the snitch first..."

"He won't try as hard." Emilynn finished, grinning. "You know, James. She is right, you slack for a while, but stay right by the snitch." She shrugged, "He will slack off, like he does in everything else then you can get the snitch."

James thought for a moment, "But-"

"James!" Emilynn and Crystal both said loudly in unison. "You will do better then fine. You will do great." Emilynn stated, as she stood up from where she was sitting. "I'll see you in the common room, I have to get to potions." She walked off, leaving Crystal and James until later. Crystal and James stood up to start to walk to their next class. Defense Against the Dark Arts. It was the only class they had together, without Emilynn.

"Only one more class." James sighed, in relief.
Crystal sighed, she hated this class. "It will also be the longest hour ever."

"Why do you hate the class?" James asked, as they left the great hall walking passed a group of first years.

"I never used to, it's just," She paused, "don't get me wrong. Your dad is a good teacher, but this year focuses on the second wizard war and what happened to the death eaters, and the people who survived and all that."

"Crystal, so what- your dad was a death eater." He shrugged, "Honestly, I would rather live with him then my own dad. My dad is such a prick sometimes."

"Because my dad is so much better." She said sarcastically, shaking her head.

"What I mean was, your dad is not a prick anymore." He stated, "Unlike your mom..." He sighed. "Your dad did not even want to be a death eater, right?"

"Right."Crystal nodded, "Anyway, I just do not really like hearing about how all death eaters were and are horrible people. Sure, most of them were and are..." She sighed, drifting off in what she was saying. She just could not stand being taught what was right and wrong by the-boy-who-lived. She learned it when she was just a kid, from her dad. Her dad never hide what he was from her, if anything he was very honest about it.
♠ ♠ ♠
There is chapter one, things don't really pick up till chapter three. Thanks for opening this story and taking your time for reading it!

Don't forget to Comment* and Subscribe* !