Screims One Shot

Chapter 1

Ben Scrivens was anxiously waiting at home for his fiancé, James Reimer. James had had a rough few days. First of all, the NHL team he was the starting goalie for, the Toronto Maple Leafs had lost 3 in a row. On top of that, his throat had started itching and his face kept swelling up a bit. It was almost like an allergic reaction, but he couldn't figure it out.

Ben jumped when he heard the key in the doorway. James strode in with a sad look on his face, and tears in his eyes. Ben walked over to him quickly and gave him a tight hug.

"Baby", Ben whispered softly. "What is it?"

James started blubbering and couldn't find the words.

"You can tell me darling. I'm here for you no matter what. What did the doctor say?" Ben asked.

"Well... I'm allergic to mint", James said before bursting into tears.

"Shhhhhhh, come here", Ben soothed him. He rocked him back and forth in his arms until finally James stopped crying. "I still love you, James", Ben said.

"But mint is your favourite!", James exclaimed. "You always chew mint gum".

"I can quit. You're worth it", Ben assured him.

Ben and James started to kiss, first softly, and then more intensely. Ben hadn't chewed mint gum for a few hours so James's face only swelled up a bit. He kept kissing Ben anyway because he was so wonderful for understanding.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is entirely true