The Princess of Wales

Pay Attention

"Could you fuck off?" I yanked the covers over my head in an attempt to go back to sleep.

"It's Kate."

"Okay." I sighed. "Could you fuck off, please?"

Kate laughed and pulled the covers off, making me get up. I sat up in bed and scratched the back of my head. "Aren't you supposed to be in your session?"

"I cancelled. Going out tonight and I need my sleep."

"Well, get up and come to lunch with me, yeah?"

"Fine." I agreed, I haven't spent any time with Kate lately, her and Will have been off doing their own thing. Being the future king is England holds too much responsibility. "Just let me shower."

"Harry said he also needed to talk to you."

"What about?" I asked

"Um, I think he should tell you." Right on point, Harry walked into my room. Kate excused herself and Harry took a seat on my bed.

"What's going on?" I asked. "Oh my god! Did you knock a bird up?!"

"No!" Harry started to laugh. "You'd think I'm smarter than that, yeah? But...I'm going to Afghanistan next week."

"For what?" I yawned.

"Charli.." he shook his head. "To serve."

That comment hit me like a ton of bricks. He can't go, he can't. Harry is the only one who keeps me sane, he's all I've got. Will is never around and is always busy. Nobody would want their older brother to go war. Harry flies helicopters and the Taliban tends to shoot those things down. "Why? Why do you have to go?"

"Because I'm not special, I have to serve just like any other soldier."

He didn't have to explain, I understood, but that didn't mean I was okay with it. "Are they fucking mad? Sending Prince Harry to Afghanistan? Is the prime minister trying to get you killed?"

"Hey, if I get killed, then you're third in line to the throne."

"Its not funny!" I punched him in the arm. "You fucking prick!"

"Char, I'm gonna be just fine. I'm not being forced, I joined the military for a reason. I'll write you every week, alright?"

"How long will you be gone?"

"Four months."

"FUCKING HELL!" I yelled, what the hell am I supposed to do now? "Tell you what, before you leave, you and I are gonna go out and get pissed. Proper royal train wreck style."

"Ya know, I think you are the bad influence, not me. You're gonna get me kicked out of the military."

"Then you won't be going anywhere." I laughed. I decided to get out of bed now and shower. I searched through my closet looking for an outfit to wear, I need new clothes, that's for sure. I settled on some jeans, a pair of boots, and a simple black sweater. I quickly did my hair then headed downstairs. "Hi, Will!"

"Hey, sis. Being good?" Will asked as he gave me a hug.

"Of course." I lied my ass off. Apparently Will and Harry are spending some time together today, which is fine. That means I get Kate, I've always wanted a sister and now I have one. "Have fun, you two."

Kate and I headed to a restaurant with a bodyguard trailing behind us. These royal bodyguards are better than the secret service, they're that good. We went to a restaurant where lots of celebrities frequent at, not wanting to draw too much attention to ourselves. Our bodyguard sat two tables away from us and sipped some tea, he must fucking hate his job.

"So, I saw some pictures of you in the paper this morning." Kate started as she sipped her coffee.

"Did you? What was I doing? Making a fool out of myself, yeah?"

"No, actually." She said. "I saw you all loved up with some very, very attractive lad. He looks like the boy from One Direction."

"He is the boy from One Direction." I laughed. "And I was not, I repeat not, all loved up."

"Have you got yourself a boyfriend?" Kate asked with a grin.

"Absolutely not! Zayn and I are just friends."

"How old is he?" She asked once our food had arrived. I knew Kate wasn't going to let this one go.

"He's 19, same age as me."

"19?!" Kate put her head down. She had a look of shame on her face, probably for calling a 19 year old attractive. That one earned a laugh from me. "Oh lord.."

"You're funny, Kate." I laughed, taking a sip of my drink. "I saw pictures of you, too. Grocery shopping. How boring."

"Yeah, I've seen them. The public refuses to believe I take care of your brother, they think we have servants."

"Please, the only one with servants is my grandmother. We have a chef, that's it. Camilla suggested she'd start cooking, I'm not touching her food."

"Afraid she might poison you?"

"Might?" I let out a loud laugh and my eyes grew wide. "The bloody woman hates me, she would of gotten rid of me a long time ago if she could."

"Oh, please. Charli, she doesn't hate you." Kate argued. "She's probably not a fan of your personality, but she doesn't hate you."

"Trust me, Kate. She hates me. But it's okay, the feeling is mutual."

My phone started vibrating on the table, I grabbed it and saw Zayn had sent me a text. I let out a grin and opened the message.

What are you doing tonight?

Going out, you? I sent him a text back. I was supposed to be going out with Vicki and a few of our friends, but if Zayn had something better to offer, I might think about taking him up on it. About a minute had passed and I got another text from him.

Well, I'm going out with the lads in my band tonight. Thought maybe you'd want to come along?

"Is that Zayn?" Kate teased

"No!" I said all too quickly, Kate gave me that 'yeah right' look and I rolled my eyes. "Yes."

"I think you like him." I glared at her before sending him another text.

Nah, it's girls night, sorry… maybe I'll see you out though?

"I don't like him like that. We fuck." I said bluntly, Kate was surprised to hear that come out my mouth. "That's it."

"Charli!" she yelled. "Jesus, that foul mouth of yours. You could of put it nicely."

"We have intercourse." I laughed. I looked down at my phone again and saw his reply.

**Zayn**


"Zayn! Pay attention!" Liam whispered, lightly punching Zayn in his arm. The boys were currently in an interview, a live, televised interview. Zayn quickly looked up and slid his phone back in his pocket. He was being completely rude to the interviewer by texting, but he was bored. It was the same questions every single time. What would you be doing if you weren't in One Direction? How have you adjusted to the fame? Then there was the ever popular, 'who's single?' question. Zayn just didn't care, Harry and Niall seemed to be answering most of the questions anyway.

"Sorry." Zayn mumbled. The interviewer turned his direction to him and uttered his name, 'great' Zayn thought.

"This next question comes from a fan on twitter and she wants to know if Zayn is dating Princess Charlotte." He said, making all eyes in the room turn to Zayn. He looked over at each of the lads, silently asking for help but they were useless in this situation. It took a few moments for him to respond, which obviously didn't look very good. He just didn't wanna say the wrong thing and he surely couldn't tell the truth.

"Um..no..comment." The words fell slowly from Zayn's mouth and he knew he just fucked himself. Luckily, Louis diverted the attention back to him and Zayn couldn't feel anymore relieved.

Once the cameras stopped rolling and the interview was over, Zayn quickly walked off set.

"Zayn! What the hell was that?" A member of One Direction's management team yelled.

"What! Where the hell were you guys before the interview, giving the rules of what they're allowed to talk about?" He fired back. It wasn't Zayn's fault the question came up, management should of been prepared for this instead of making Zayn look stupid on live television.

"How were we supposed to know there would even be a question involving Princess Charlotte?" The man had no problem raising his voice at Zayn, refusing to take the blame for the mishap. "and texting during the interview? Nice, Zayn. Real nice."

"Oh, sod off!" Zayn yelled back before walking out of the building and reaching for a cigarette. He stood around and smoked as he waited for the boys and Paul to come out.

"You alright, mate?" Louis was the first one outside. "Came to check on you."

"Thanks, Lou." Zayn gave his best friend a smile. "I'm fine, they're just stupid gits"

"You seemed distracted, texting during the interview."

Zayn shrugged his shoulders and flicked the butt of his cigarette into the street. "Just wanted to see what Charli was doing tonight."

"You really like her, yeah?" Louis asked with a smirk.

"I don't know her well enough to like her."

"But you know her well enough to shag?"

Zayn shook his head and laughed, shoving Louis into the street. The rest of the boys came out and they went for lunch before going off to their next string of interviews.