The Princess of Wales

Breakfast

I woke up in the morning feeling content and relaxed, which was surprising, considering the sun was beating right in my face. Zayn needs to get darker curtains for this room. I was even more surprised to see we were in the exact same position we fell asleep in last night. I had to admit, it felt nice. As nice as it felt, I knew it had to stop. I was starting to feel vulnerable and it was an unfamiliar feeling I didn't like. I contemplated sneaking out again, but it would be impossible without waking him.

I decided to stick around, seeing as I didn't want to wake him. I watched Zayn as he slept, he looked absolutely adorable and peaceful. I wasn't ready to go home so I decided to do something nice for him. I tried my best to sneak out of bed without waking him. Luckily, Zayn's a very heavy sleeper and could probably sleep through the apocalypse. I don't know why I was so worried about waking him in the first place, but I'm glad I decided to stick around.

The mess him and and lads made during the football match wasn't taken care of, so I figured I'd do it. I looked around until I found the garbage bags and went to work. I got rid of all the beer bottles, dirty plates, and bags of crisps before running the hoover and cleaning the tables. After cleaning up, I wanted to make Zayn breakfast. Only when I opened the fridge, it was basically empty.

"Of course." I mumbled under my breath before grabbing my car keys and heading out to the store.

I made pancakes, eggs, bacon, and coffee. I tend to eat while I cook so I was already done with breakfast. I sat Zayn's plate on the table before going to wake him, I found him sprawled out all over the bed. I laughed, sat down beside him, and began to wake him. He fought me, trying to shoo me away as I shook him awake. Finally, I got him up.

"Zayn, wake up."

"You're still here." He smiled as he sat up, rubbing his eyes.

"Surprised?"

"To be honest, yeah. You have a habit of leaving me in the morning." Zayn let out a yawn. "Do I smell coffee and food?"

"Yeah, come on!" I pulled him to get out of bed. "I made you breakfast!"

Zayn had the most confused look on his face but followed me out to the kitchen. That confused look turned to surprised as he saw his breakfast and coffee laid out on the table for him. "You made me breakfast? I didn't know you could cook!"

"There's a lot of things you don't know about me."

"And you cleaned my flat? Will you marry me?"

I laughed and gave him a shove. "Just sit down and eat, Malik."

"You're not eating? Is your cooking that bad?"

"I already ate." I said as I poured my second cup of coffee and took a seat across from him. "Well... what do you think?"

"It's great, princess. I didn't know princesses could cook. I thought you all had servants for that."

"I may be a princess, but I'm not a snob! You wanker."

Zayn gave me a smile before digging back into his food. "Thanks for breakfast and for cleaning my flat, you didn't have to do that."

"You're welcome, I just wanted to do something nice for you. Don't get used to it."

After Zayn finished his breakfast, he pulled me down on the couch to lay with him. "Are you feeling any better since yesterday?"

"Yeah, a little. I've accepted it, like I really had another choice." I said. "I'll just write Harry letters, and I get to skype him once a month hopefully."

"Thats good, the time will pass quickly. Before you know it, he'll be home."

"Thanks for yesterday, by the way."

"You're welcome." Zayn said. "But what did I do?"

"Just being you."

I smiled at him as he looked down and grabbed my hand. "You wanna make it up to me?"

"I thought I did with breakfast. But go on, I'm listening."

I patiently waited for his answer, expecting a sexual favor of sorts, maybe a blow job. But no, nothing like that came out of his mouth. "Let me take you out today." Shit.

I thought I had made myself clear with the no dates rule, I guess I was wrong. Now I have to turn him down. "Zayn-"

"Come on, just one date. What are you afraid of?"

You. Myself. Mostly myself. "Zayn, I can't"

"Ya know, I never had to beg for a date before. You're starting to give me a complex." He laughed, bringing his face closer to mine. Zayn started to whisper and I knew it would get to me. "If you hate it, I won't ever ask again."

"What if I like it?"

"Well, then we'll just have to go on another one." He smirked. "Is that a yes?"

I did something I never expected to do. I let that massive wall around me drop just a bit and I gave in to him. I'm going on a date. I'm going on a date with Zayn Malik.

Bloody hell.