The Princess of Wales

Comfortable

Yesterday’s fight with dad was rough. That therapy session? That was even rougher. Sure, at the time it felt great to finally get some of that stuff off my chest. But when I left, I realized I’d have to go home and face my father, starting the fighting and bullshit all over again. So I said fuck that and went to Vicki’s. The two of us went drinking at some shitty hole in the wall. After getting properly pissed, the two of us found ourselves on the roof of her house, smoking weed, high on molly. It’s nine in the morning now, I’m home and I still haven’t been to bed.

I got wind of some of my antics from last night ending up online. Mostly on that American website, TMZ. A lovely video of Vicki and myself at the bar showed up online. It wasn’t too horrible. The producers of the show commented on my outfit: short shorts, a plain white t-shirt, and ‘Zayn Malik’s hat’. The video itself was pretty innocent, just the two of us engaging in some banter with a couple of drunk men in their 40’s. The video showed one of the men saying he’s paying for all of our drinks, another part of it showed me screaming “I’M THE FUCKING PRINCESS OF WALES!”

I’m sure me screaming at the top of my lungs that I’m a princess, wasn’t what my father had in mind when he said I needed to start acting like one. I wasn’t tired enough to sleep so I figured I’d take a shower and start the day. I need to be out of the house, hopefully I can leave without being seen. Dad didn’t know I came home last night (or rather this morning), so if I can sneak out, he would have no idea I even came home at all. I don’t feel like fighting. Especially since that video’s online for the world to see, he’s gonna be pissed. I got dressed, did my hair, and put on some makeup. Just to fail when it came to being unseen. I was almost out the door when my father stopped me.

“Charlotte. We need to talk.” He said.

“Father, I’d rather not.” I said. “I’m late.”

“Late for what? Therapy? You had that yesterday.”

“I’m going to Zayn’s.” I told him. “And I don’t really care what you or the queen have to say about that.”

“I don’t care about that boy right now. I care about you.” He said. “Where were you last night and when did you get home?”

I laughed, I guess I’ll just tell him all that I did. What’s the point of trying to hide it? I’m always expected to be on my worst behavior. “Vicki and I went to a bar, got pretty pissed. Went back to her house, got high. I got home at six. If you haven’t seen the video yet, it’s out there, so you can go do your damage control.”

“Charlotte, I don’t care about yet another stupid video of you making a fool out of yourself.” Dad said. “We need to talk about yesterday.”

“I’m not ready to talk about yesterday.”

“Charlotte Elizabeth-“

“Father.” I said sternly. “That whole thing took a lot out of me yesterday, so I’m not ready to talk about it again right now. Give me some time, whenever I’m ready, we’ll talk. Alone. Just the two of us. Without your wife present.”

“Fine, you don’t have to talk. I’ll talk, you listen.”

“No.” I said as I opened the front door. “I’m leaving.”

“Charlotte!”

I ignored him and left. I just didn’t have the energy to deal with this so early in the morning. I stopped at Starbucks to pick up coffee and breakfast for Zayn and I. It’s the least I can do for showing up unannounced, I’m probably going to wake him up as well. He can be a bit cranky in the morning.

After three rings of the doorbell and two knocks, he finally answered. Just as I expected him, shirt off and his hair all over the place. He had a sleepy smile and looked confused, but somehow he still looked good.

“Good morning, Zayn.” I said with a smile, holding up the coffee as a sort of peace offering.

“Princess, it’s 10 o’clock.” He said as he let me inside.

“I know.” I laughed. “That’s why I brought coffee and food.”

“You’re so sweet.” Zayn said as he took a seat on the couch and pulled me on his lap. “What are you doing up so early?”

“I never went to bed.” I said while leaving a kiss on his neck.

“What were you doing last night?”

“Got pretty fucked up.” I said. “Got drunk, then smoked some weed and did some Molly. When I finally came down from my high, I wasn’t even tired.”

“And where was my invite?” Zayn smirked, giving my neck a kiss now.

“If I remember correctly…you were with your mates, playing stupid video games.”

“I apologize, Princess. Stay with me tonight?”

“Mhm.” I nodded. “Let’s go out tonight.”

“I thought you weren’t allowed to go out, especially with me.” Zayn laughed. “Not that we weren’t just out on a date the other day in public.”

I laughed at him and took the seat next to him, taking our breakfast out of the bag. “I don’t care what my family has to say. Now, let’s eat.”

Zayn and I spent the whole day together laying around his house, doing absolutely nothing. Well, that’s a lie. We smoked weed most of the day, chain smoked, and had a crazy amount of sex. I finally fell asleep late in the afternoon and had a peaceful nap. The two of us actually decided against going out. I didn’t have any going out clothes with me and wasn’t exactly in the mood to dress up. So we decided to order pizza and have some people over. The lads from One Direction came, along with the Riach brothers. I invited some of my friends over and Louis brought Eleanor with him.

We were all having a good time at the party. Eating pizza, crisps, and getting completely shitfaced. I even took it upon myself to introduce Vicki and Holly to Danny and Anthony. Vicki and Danny hit it off immediately, I suspected the two of them to end up shagging by the end of the night. Holly and Anthony on the other hand, they were a bit shy with each other but it was kind of sweet. I was standing in the kitchen talking to Eleanor. I downed yet another shot of tequila before picking my cup up from the counter. It was filled with more tequila, mixed with pineapple juice.

“You and Zayn sure are spending a lot of time together.” Eleanor said as she sipped on her drink.

“We are.” I agreed, it was pretty obvious by now, The whole world was talking about it. Zayn Malik, a member of the hottest boyband in history and Princess Charlotte, granddaughter to the queen, an item?! It was all anybody could talk about and I found it hilarious. I must admit though, if we were dating, we’d be like this power couple or something.

“So do you guys actually like each other, or you’re still just doing the whole shagging thing?”

Before I could answer, Louis walked in and stood between us, putting an arm around my shoulder. “Oh, Eleanor! These two love each other even if they won’t admit it!” Louis laughed loudly, he was clearly drunk. “Princess Charlotte and the Bradford Bad Boy, has a sort of ring to it, don’t you think?”

“Shut up, Louis!” I laughed as I shoved him off of me. Another arm was wrapped around me, this time from behind, this time one belonging to Zayn. I allowed him to pull me into his chest and I leaned my head back to look up at him. “Hi, Zayn.”

“Hey, babe.” Zayn said before pecking my lips. “El, tell your boyfriend to stop spreading lies about us.”

“Well, if you guys don’t call this dating then what is it?” She questioned us. Okay, I admit. From an outside opinion, it might look like we’re together or something. But we’re not! We’re just friends, why can’t people understand that?

“We’re just mates.” Zayn and I said in unison, making us and everyone else laugh. I knew they didn’t believe us, but I didn’t care.

“If you’re just mates then I can take her out, right?” Niall asked. “What do ya say, Charli?”

“Don’t even think about it.” Zayn threatened.

“You might as well start calling her your girlfriend now!” Danny laughed.

Our little party went on until three in the morning. Everybody finally left and I went to lay down. I stripped down to my bra and underwear while Zayn was in the bathroom. I wasn’t sure if I was in the mood to have sex again. Hell, I wasn’t even sure if I really wanted to go to sleep. I laid there, staring out the window, looking at all the stars…just thinking. Being high is the worst when all you can do is stop and think about your life and everything that's wrong with you. Drugs and alcohol are supposed to make you forget life, not remember it.

“Would you say you’re more drunk or high?” Zayn asked as he crawled into bed next to me. Thankfully taking me out of my thoughts.

“Definitely high.” I responded.

“What’s on your mind?” He asked while he forced me to look at him. I guess I was in a bit of a daze, staring out the window.

“It’s nothing.”

“Come on, what are you thinking about?” He asked again.

“Us.” I blurted out then immediately regretted it. I didn’t mean it to sound that way.

“Us?”

“Well, not that there is an us.” I said, trying to laugh it off. “I meant just our friends thinking we’re an actual couple or whatever. They’re just funny, that’s all.”

“Oh, what would be a terrible idea, yeah?” Zayn laughed.

“The worst.” I smiled.

“Would it really though? Would it be so bad?” His tone changed and he seemed like he was being serious. That scared the hell out of me, I hope this wasn’t when he confesses his love for me or something. I mean, I could always say I was too high to remember the whole thing and hope he never brings it up again. Then again, I probably shouldn’t flatter myself. Sure, I might be nice company and a good fuck, but girlfriend material? Doubt it.

“Things are perfect right now, fun and simple.” I smiled. “It would be a shame if you caught feelings for me, or if I caught them for you.”

“Why is that?” He questioned.

“Then I would have to get rid of you.” I told him honestly. “I’m not great with feelings, being vulnerable, that kind of stuff… I’ll only end up pushing you away, it’s what I do and I’d rather have you in my life.”

“I guess that would be a shame then.” Zayn said with a small smile, almost like he wanted to laugh.

“Is something funny?”

He wrapped an arm around me as he started to speak, still with a smile on his face. “Every time we have an actual conversation, you seem to open up just a bit more each time. I like it.”

“I don’t know…I guess sometimes I think you’re easy to talk to.” Zayn scared the hell out of me. I just feel comfortable around him, he doesn’t judge me and he accepts the things I say to him. He also doesn’t force me to open up either, I don’t have many people in my life I can say that about.

“You know you can talk to me about anything.” He said. “Maybe one day you will.”

“Maybe one day I will.” I repeated him and kissed his cheek. Before I knew it, I was out like a light.