The Princess of Wales

Charlotte

"Wake up, it's tea time."

"Go away." I mumbled at my brother before turning over and throwing the covers over my head. My head was throbbing, my stomach was aching, and I felt all out of sorts. I could give a fuck about tea time.

"Get up!" Harry threw the covers over my head. I groaned in pain, trying to shield my face from the sun beaming in my bedroom. "What time did you get in last night?"

"I don't remember."

"You don't remember what time you got home?"

"No, you twat." I said, pulling myself out of bed and clutching my head. "I don't remember arriving home."

I tried silencing him before he could say another word. I looked at myself in the mirror, I looked like a wretched mess. I grabbed my jumper off the chair it had been laying on and pulled it over my head. "Charlotte-"

"Don't call me Charlotte." I warned. Harry knew better than to call me that. I go by Charli, 'Charlotte' is only used by the royals. Grandmother refuses to call me anything but my actual name. "Fucking tea time..."

I followed Harry downstairs into the sitting room. I hadn't realized it was 2 PM already, as I said before, I don't even remember coming home. My grandmother, the queen, was sitting on the couch. Along with my grandfather, Prince Philip. My older brother William and his wife Kate were also in attendance. Of course, my father Charles and his wife Camilla were here. Harry and I still live here with them at Clarence House, one of the many royal homes in England.

I pulled myself together and let a smile form on my face. "Hey sis." William said, getting up to kiss my cheek. I gave him a hug then did the same to Kate. I went over to my grandparents and greeted them before taking a seat next to Harry.

"Have you been out all night drinking again?" Camilla asked as we were served tea and cucumber sandwiches. Due to that comment, all heads turned to me, great.

"Can we not do this right now?" I asked nicely. I sincerely hated this woman. I couldn't wrap my head around why either. Will and Harry didn't seem to mind her but I couldn't stand her.

"Is it true?" she pressed

"Charlotte." Harry warned, shaking his head for me to drop the subject. Again, Harry called me Charlotte.

"Okay, Henry." I smiled at him and shut my mouth. Keeping all the things I'd like to say to Camilla to myself. I was left wondering why my grandmother was here and why we were even having tea time. Usually, this meant a talk. A talk that would effect the royal family. Most likely a talk about me.

"Charli, I bet you're wondering why we're all here." My father started. Obviously. "We've been concerned-"

"Is this an intervention?" I asked and put up the defensive walls quickly. "I'd rather not."

"Listen to me, Charlotte. We don't want you returning to Manchester University in the fall. It seems since you went away to college you've taken a turn for the worse. You're out all night partying, god knows where with god knows who. You were almost expelled, luckily for you, your title saved you."

"I'm not leaving my school."

"Don't you get it? Things you do are appearing in the media, you're making the family look bad." Camilla started in on me once again

"I'm making the family look bad? Really? You never did? You know what? I'm not doing this." I said as I got up from my seat, turning to my grandparents to excuse myself. I refused to have an argument in front of my grandfather, he is 91 years old and the only elder in this family who I have the utmost respect for. Sure, I respected my grandmother, but my grandfather always had my best interests in mind. I wasn't always loved by the elders in my family and yes, that includes my own father.

I walked out of the room and stepped outside. I looked out from the balcony as I lit up a cigarette. It was always me, I was the problem child, the bad seed, the black sheep. It was all because I'd like to go out and have fun. I'm sure it had something to do with my father denying me as a child as well. Harry and Will were never treated this way. Sure, I wasn't the perfect child but neither were they. I was shipped off to boarding school for the majority of my life, only coming home on holidays and various weekends. I lived a structured and strict life, pressured into being perfect and 'being a well-behaved princess'.

"What have I told you about this?" Will said, grabbing the cigarette out of my hand and putting it out. "Look-"

"Did you know about this? This mock intervention?" I asked him, pretty hurt by Harry, William, and Kate being in on this. To me, they're all I have. "You know there's nothing wrong with me!"

"Of course there isn't." William said, steadying his hands on my shoulders, getting my full attention.

"They act like I'm some kind of monster. You know they hate me. Even dad, even if he won't admit it."

"Dad doesn't hate you. I promise. He's just worried." Worried my ass. I bet he wished I wasn't a part of this family. I know I do, sometimes. "I'm worried, too. We all are."

"What now? Want me to go apologize and promise to do better?"

"No." Will said. "You're gonna apologize to our grandparents for storming out the way you did. I talked to dad, I told him it was wrong to ambush you like that. If you want, I can speak to dad privately about this whole mess."

I nodded my head and we returned to the sitting room. I admire William in every way possible, he's smart, sensible, and he always sticks up for me when I'm against a wall. I did as he told and apologize to my grandparents, I took a seat as everyone talked amongst themselves. I stayed out of the conversation in fear of starting another argument with Camilla. That didn't stop me from throwing quite a few glares her way. How dare she say I make the family look bad! Did she seem to forget about all the controversy that got started because of her?

I make the family look bad? I'll show them what bad looks like.