The Princess of Wales

Therapy Session #1

"Charlotte Elizabeth Grace!"

My name echoed through the halls. Sure, we didn't live in a palace, but this place was huge and I could hear my father screaming from downstairs. I finished putting on my makeup before going downstairs to see what I did now.

"Are you insane?" Harry asked with a laugh. "Literally insane?"

"I can only imagine what I've done now." I said as I walked into my fathers study. He and Camilla were behind the desk staring at the computer screen. I thought it over for a second, I'm sure nobody saw me at the club the other night. I was sure of it. "Yes?"

"Are you on drugs?"

I had to hold in my laughter, was he being serious right now? "What makes you think I'm on drugs, father?"

He motioned for me to come behind the desk a take a look at the screen. A video of me in my dorm has found its way onto the internet. My best friend, Victoria (or Vicki as I like to call her), and I were in my door room singing 'I Am the Walrus' dressed as hippies. Okay, maybe I wasn't dressed as a hippie exactly. I had on sweatpants from Victoria's Secret that had the peace sign on them, a scarf wrapped around my head and sunglasses.

"You are high as a kite!" he yelled. Apparently Harry had seen the video already, he was in the corner trying to contain his laughter

"Don't you have a polo match to get to?" I snapped then turned my attention back to my father. "Salvia is totally legal. Now if you excuse me, I have a therapy session to get to."

"Will the two of you be discussing this?!"

"No." I laughed. "That was hilarious. We'll be talking about why you hate me so much."

"Charlotte, I don't hate you-"

"It's okay, dad. I'd rather hear the truth than a lie."

What's the big deal? John Lennon took every drug in the book and that man was an anti-war activist and a genius. Besides, Salvia is completely legal so it's technically not a drug, right? I drove myself to my therapy session, although my father prefers I have a driver. He was so against me driving, I had to go to my grandparents and they bought me a car.

I soon found myself sitting in a room across from my therapist. Dr. Weiner was scribbling notes down on a pad and I was staring at the ceiling. I wasn't in the mood to talk about anything. I think they're paying him to tell me things I already know about myself.

"Charli? Ready to talk?" he said

"Sure. Mind if I smoke in here?" I asked and lit up a cigarette before he could tell me no.

"Why do you smoke, Charli?"

I sighed, was this really the question I was being asked? "Why is the sky blue? It just is and I just do. When are you going to prescribe me pills? My family already thinks I'm on drugs."

"We haven't gotten that far." Dr. Weiner said. "I can see you're bitter and massively angry. Are you on drugs?"

"I've taken them before. But I wouldn't say I was exactly 'on them'"

"What drugs have you taken?"

"Pot, LSD, ecstasy, painkillers. Some legal hallucinogens." I admitted, I wasn't afraid to admit it. Like I said, I wouldn't call myself a drug user and I sure wasn't addicted to anything. In my opinion, those drugs aren't so bad. I've never tried Heroin or cocaine, I never plan on it either.

"At what age did you start experimenting with drugs?" Dr. Weiner asked as he scribbled away on his notepad, documenting everything I told him

"I was 16 and away at boarding school." I told him as I grabbed another cigarette from my pack and lit it up. If we were going to talk about this stuff, I needed something to get me through it. I would of preferred to drink vodka during this session, but he'd probably label me a alcoholic.

"Charli, why do you think you started taking these drugs?"

"Because it's fun." I told them. "I like to see things that aren't there, escape reality for a while."

Maybe I shouldn't of revealed that much, because his next question made me sigh. "Why would you want to escape reality?"

"I'll pass."

"Okay." He said, not pressing the question. I liked this, If I didn't want to talk about something, I didn't have to. He'll just ask another question and try to pry more information out of me. "Describe your family for me. You said in our previous session that you're the black sheep of your family."

"I'm sure you already know about my family."

"I know how the public perceives your family, but how do you?"

"Well, I love my brothers, William and Harry. The three of us are very close. My grandparents as well, they're good people."

"How about your father and step-mother, Camilla?"

I took some time before answering, trying to think of something to say. Something that won't make him dig deeper, but nothing came to mind. "Well, I can't say that I love my father. But, he's a good person."

"And your step-mother?"

"She's not my step-mother." That really did strike a nerve. "We don't like each other. Never have, never will."

Dr. Weiner nodded his head. "How about your late mother? Do you have any memor-"

"I think our session is over." I said quickly as my eyes darted to the clock. I surely wasn't ready to talk about my mother. This was only my second session, I hardly knew this man. I wasn't willingly ready to tell him about everything that went on inside my head.

"I'll see you next week, Charli." he got up to shake my hand. "Don't worry, we'll get there."