The Princess of Wales

Zayn Malik

Yet again, I woke up hungover. Only this time, I knew exactly how and when I arrived home. This time I wasn't woken up by screaming or my brother, it was my cell phone. I felt around the sheets, determined to make the damn thing stop ringing. I grabbed it and looked at the ID, it was my roommate from university, Eleanor Calder.

Eleanor and I weren't the best of friends. Hell, if it wasn't for us rooming together we wouldn't even be friends in the first place. I did consider her a good and loyal friend though. She would always cover for me. When official royal security would come to my dorm to check on me (due to reports that I was misbehaving), I would hide in the closet and El would tell them I wasn't here. It was no secret to the media that I went to MU, they even knew exactly who my roommate was. When approached by reporters, they'd ask her what type of person I was or if certain rumors were true, she'd never tell them anything. I can't say the same for other students that went there.

"Hey, El." I answered my phone, putting it on speaking and resting it on my pillow

"Charli! I'm in London today, was wondering if you wanted to grab lunch?"

"Sure." I said. "Where should I pick you up at?"

"I'm at my boyfriends. I'll text you the address."

"See ya soon."

I got out of bed and took a shower. After getting dressed and doing my hair, I let the house. Walking past my father and Camilla, not saying a word to either of them. I couldn't wait to go back to university and get as far away from them as possible. I put Eleanor's boyfriends address in my GPS and started towards his flat.

El is dating one of the boys from The Wanted...or was it One Direction? Whatever, same thing, right? I wasn't into boybands, I didn't like the poppy cheesy music. I have met Eleanor's boyfriend, Louis, on a few occasions and I like him. He's a cool guy. I arrived at his place and parked, debating if I should go knock or just text her to come outside. I decided to knock, I didn't wanna be rude and not say hi to Louis.

"Charli!" El smiled as she threw an arm around me, inviting me inside. "How's holiday going?"

"It's interesting." I laughed. I spotted a guy in the other room talking to Louis. Holy shit! He was fit! He had dark features, an unshaven face, and a quiff that put Bruno Mars to shame. He was wearing dark jeans, a white t-shirt, and a denim jacket. What guy wears fucking denim jackets anymore?! But it looked so, so good on him.

"Charli!" Eleanor yelled, pulling away from me. I hadn't realized, but I was squeezing the life out of her arm

"Who is that?" I breathed out, my mind flooded with all sorts of things I'd like to do to him

"That's Zayn, he's Louis' band mate."

"He is fit!"

"OH! THERE'S ROYALTY IN MY HOUSE! WHERE ARE MY MANNERS?!" Louis yelled loudly from the kitchen as the two boys made their way into the living room. If anybody else did that, I'd be massively pissed off. But, from seeing Louis so many times at our dorm, I knew he did a lot of joking around.

"Oh, Louis..." El laughed as he began to bow in front of me, mildly embarrassing

"Your Majesty!"

"It's actually Royal Highness." I laughed a bit as I gave him a hug

"This is my friend Zayn Malik." Louis introduced the two of us

"Do I call you Princess Charlotte or..." Zayn trailed off

"It's just Charli." I smiled. "Nice to meet you, and please don't bow."

"Very lovely to meet you." Zayn said as he did something I didn't expect. He kissed the back of my hand. I pulled myself together and remained unfazed by the whole thing. Eleanor kissed Louis goodbye before the two of us left the house and headed somewhere to eat.

"Is he single?"

"Yes." Eleanor laughed. "He's kind of a bad boy but he's a really sweet guy."

"I don't give a shit if he's sweet. I want to have sex with him." I was blunt and to the point. When you see an extremely attractive person, you don't wonder how sweet they are. You wonder how big their cock is. "Did you say bad boy? In a boyband? I don't think so."

El shrugged her shoulders, completely unfazed by my sex comment, it was something she was used to with me. "Well, he's from Bradford."

Bradford? A boy from Bradford? That city is one of the biggest shit holes in all of England. That's what I hear anyway, I haven't actually been there. It's full of chavs, violence, dealers. It's a horrible place to live. "Wanna give me his number?"

El nodded her head, programming it into my phone. "Ever think of actually having a serious boyfriend? Like I said, he's a sweet guy."

I shook my head at her. I don't do boyfriends, I physically can't do it. I feel like I'm incapable of loving a significant other, I can't even love myself properly. Sure, I've had boyfriends in the past, but as you can see, none of that worked out. They all wanted too much from me, wanted me to open up, talk about our feelings. They all acted like they had fucking vaginas if you ask me.

This Zayn Malik guy from Bradford? He may be just what I'm looking for. Somebody fit that I can have fun with while driving my father and step-mother mad at the same time. Sounds like a win-win situation to me.