Status: major hiatus bc broken laptop + writer's block im so sorry omg

My Gift Is My Curse

Little Death

The rest of the first day off was absolute hell for everyone. Harry trailed around Niall’s hotel room, trying to find ways to get in, and even caused Louis to get angry enough at him to lock him in a chokehold until he agreed to leave Niall alone.

That caused Harry to pack his things and switch rooms with Liam, therefore sharing a room with Zayn.

Zayn was already angry at Harry and was blatantly ignoring him, and Harry had yet another blowout and cussed the raven-haired boy out – which then led to Zayn escorting himself from the room or else he’d just punch the damn boy in the face.

Liam was attempting to be the typical sweetheart that he always was by calming Harry down. He offered to have them “go to the cinema to see that new film with the hot blonde chick with the nice arse,” but Harry wasn’t having it, so he’d just told Liam to fuck off. The older boy didn’t want to take the hint, just wanted to take action, so he proceeded to tell Harry to grow up and get over the entire situation.

Harry didn’t like that, so he’d indeed lunged at Liam, making Louis yell for both of their security guards Paul and Preston, and the curly haired boy was carried out of the room kicking and screaming.

He was forced to switch hotels, staying at some name-brand hotel up the road, and he was absolutely angry over it.

Things became tense really quickly, and Alice could only feel the blame on herself. She wanted to comfort Niall, but she was angry at him because he was being an asshole – so she couldn’t quite do that.

She decided on just hanging out with Louis, since he was the only boy left at the hotel seeing as Niall, Zayn, Josh, and Liam all went out to the movies.

So…” Louis chirped, looking at Alice. A red Twizzler was hanging from his lips, while his hair was all over the place. He was shirtless and wearing plaid pajama pants low on his hips.

“So what, Louis?” Alice glared at him. She popped another Skittle into her mouth and fixed her gaze back on the TV where Juno was playing. She was dressed in an old Ed Sheeran shirt of Niall’s, and some random pair of black Soffe shorts.

“What did Harry say to you?” He asked.

Alice sighed. She just wanted to drop the topic for at least five minutes. Just so her mind could stop reeling back to it, and so she could stop mentally beating herself up over all of it. “Told me that if I stay away from Niall, he won’t tell Simon about the fight. If I stay with Niall, he will tell Simon. It’s ridiculous, and I cannot believe he would stoop so low.”

Louis felt really bad. His best friend was being a complete dick, and it was clear that this girl had it bad for Niall, as Niall did for her. He also knew how Alice dealt with things, and that was by shutting everyone else out and just focusing on her own thoughts, but they were always negative and resided along the lines of her being angry at herself.

“Yeah, but he can’t actually keep you two away from each other though, can he? I mean come on. He’s completely oblivious to most things that happen. He says he sees everything, but he doesn’t even mean it. It’s probably just an empty threat, Alice. You know that.” He tried soothing her, and hugged her close to his chest.

She shrugged. “I dunno, Lou. I can’t really risk it. I don’t want to go back home, there’s nothing for me there. And if Gemma knows… Then it’s only a matter of time before Anne knows, and it’s just… Embarrassing. I’m just an embarrassment. Not to mention Niall is being a twat right now, so maybe space for us is good.”

Louis shook his head. “I’m not letting you two break up right now. Nope. It’s not happening. You two need to just talk and everything will be okay. But I refuse to let Harry get in between the both of you, alright?” His voice was light, delicate.

He was always the one to try and fix the problems in the band. Louis was the problem solver, and the sweetheart. No matter how playful he got, he was always one to make sure the damage wasn’t too bad.

Besides, Alice was like another little sister to him. He wanted to make sure that she was happy and that she got what she deserved.

Her eyes filled up with tears and she sniffled. “I don’t think talking will work this one out, Louis. He clearly has a thing for Demi, and…” She trailed off and just shook her head.

A sob escaped her lips and Louis continued to hold her as she cried.

He just wanted her to cry everything out. All she did was yell and yell and lose sleep, and then yell some more, she didn’t actually have time to just sit down and cry out everything that she needed to.

Louis kissed her hair and nearly felt his own eyes water at the sound of her pain. It was ridiculous. Niall and Alice had come on the tour happy, finally excited that they got time to see each other for once and stay together. But that’d been ruined quickly, and Louis had seen it all begin to falter.

He wanted to fix it. To make Harry stop acting the way he was and realize that he was completely out of line. Wanted to make Niall see that Alice was everything he’d ever hoped for, and stop trying to shack up with Demi who was most likely going to break his heart in the end anyways and then write a million dollar hit about it.

Alice pulled away from Louis and laughed at herself. She wiped her eyes, “God I’m sorry.” She spoke, feeling pathetic. “I’m just a little overtired is all. Only slept an hour last night.” She sighed.

Louis shook his head. “No, Alice, don’t apologize. You need to cry, honestly. I would probably be bawling my fucking eyes out right now if I were you. You just need some rest. Seriously. Just get under the covers and sleep.”

The younger girl just laughed at Louis. “Lou, no, I’m fine. I probably won’t be able to sl–”

Louis wasn’t going to take no for an answer, so he pushed her back down on the bed and pulled the blankets from underneath her and instead covered her with them. “There.” He smiled, tucking her in. “All good.”

Alice giggled and rolled her eyes, then closed them and laid on her side. Louis got in next to her and turned the lights off, then grabbed his phone from the nightstand.

His eyes immediately widened as he saw a text from Harry with the words if you all really think I was being an asshole, realize that this is what I was trying to prevent.

Attached to the text was a photo of an article, with a picture of Niall and Alice kissing, the caption: Narry fight over Alice Lemons?

Much to Alice’s dismay, this was far from over.
♠ ♠ ♠
I tried not taking forever to update, but shit happens.
Also, I tried writing this to make sure I at least got a chapter out before another two weeks fly by.

And I'm sorry this had little to no dialogue in it, this was definitely a major filler. Oops.

I'm probably going to write more the next two days
seeing as school has been cancelled due to this wonderful hurricane.
Lovely.

Hope you liked it.
xx