Status: Active as an off the rocker mad hatter that's gone round the bend XD

Running From Nightmares

Three

I didn't want to go to sleep. I finally knew that I was awake and I was afraid of what would happen if I closed my eyes. By popping in a movie and guzzling down a monster I was hoping to force myself into insomnia.

As the clock flashed 2:00 a.m. I was struggling to hold my eyelids open. I was never going to make it. My body couldn't go without sleep and it soon began to force itself to shut down.

I felt more than watched my eyes close and suddenly I was drifting through the cool night air. The soft wind danced in my amber locks and caressed my tired eyes. It was the first time I ever remember flying in a dream. It was oddly peaceful.

I felt the earth reform beneath my feet, and the warm summer sun bleed warmth into my now chilled face. The smell of green accosted my nose, as I pealed my eyes open to the sight of a brilliant field of wildflowers and a purple mountain range.

I felt someone say my name. As I turned my breath caught in my throat.

There he stood, knee deep in wildflowers. He was so familiar, I knew I had seen him before. The one I'd been waiting for.

He stretched out his hand for me to come. I took it and he pulled me into a tight hug. It felt right, like I was supposed to be there. We stood that way for what seemed like forever. There were no monsters or shadows, it was just the two of us. It was right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Silence is for rocks and door hinges.