Status: Active as an off the rocker mad hatter that's gone round the bend XD

Running From Nightmares

Six

The glass walls, floors, and ceilings, made it seem as if the blood moon were right above us, glaring down like a disapproving parent as we raced down the hall to the stairs. Rosie light filtered through the glass structure painting everything in a gory hue.

There was no where to hide from it's russet gaze and we knew they would soon be upon us. But all we could do was run. We ran up stairs and down them again, through crazy maze like structures that seems to go on forever.

I chanced a glance over my shoulder and suddenly they were there. We were surrounded by them. In the bleeding light their true forms were revealed. Cruel, tainted, misshapen creatures with horns and twisted limbs stood around us. They were shrieking and keening like ravenous wolves waiting to devour their prey.

He suddenly turned me to him and grabbed me in a tight hug, "Don't look at them," He said, "Focus on me."

I laughed as I clamped my eyes shut, "I thought they were just a dream?"

"If they're a dream, then doesn't that make me one too?"

I shook my head, "No, I know you're real. You are out there somewhere."

He laughed, "I'm right here, love."

We stood there waiting for the end.

"You know," I said, "I never did find what I was looking for."

"Yeah," He said, "but I found you."

There was a loud scream and then everything went blank.
♠ ♠ ♠
Silence is for rocks and door hinges.