Status: Active

Can We Lose Our Minds and Call It Love For the Last Time?

One.

Tony's POV

“A daughter?” exclaimed Mike as he held the letter addressed to Vic .

“They have got to be joking.” said Jaime as he looked around.

“They aren’t. It makes perfect sense. That’s why Jesse left all of a sudden.” stated Vic calmly.

“Did you finish reading it Vic?” came Mike’s voice.

“No, I…I couldn’t.”

“They say that Jesse put her up for adoption when she was 10. She’s in California, or should be in California.” informed Mike.

“What?”

“Yeah, she should be in Los Angeles, if she hasn’t been adopted yet.”

“So my daughter has been in the same state as me her entire life and I had no knowledge of it, Jesse was pregnant and she didn’t even tell me. She just abandoned me and never spoke to me again and now she is dead?” Vic stood up abruptly and brushed past me to his room.

“Does it say how old she is?” I asked.

VIC’S POV

I can’t believe that I have a daughter. A daughter that I have never known about. A daughter that I could have provided for. A daughter who would not have had to live without a home. A daughter I could have made memories with. This is too much to believe.

I sit on my bed and place my head in my hands as I take in deep breaths and try to calm down and think straight.

I need to find her, I need to find her and explain to her why I wasn’t in her life. It must have been terrible growing up thinking that I didn’t want her, or that I left them.
“Vic?” came my little brother’s voice from the other side of the door.

“Come in Mike.” He walked in slowly followed by Tony and Jaime.

“Are you alright?” he asked.

“I don’t know.” I told them honestly.

“Do you think that they could be lying?” asked Jaime.

“Why would they? Her parents never liked me; they never tried to contact me before. Why would they contact me now if it were a lie?”

“What are we gonna do now?” asked Tony.

“I have to meet her. I have to explain to her why her father was never in the picture.”
“Okay, we’ll do that.” said Jaime.

“No guys, this is my problem, I don’t want to drag you guys with me.”

“Man we are best friends. We are not gonna let you go through with this on your own. Besides, I want to meet my niece.” Answered Mike with a smile. The guys then left me alone.

I couldn’t believe this. How is it that life could change from one second to the next? I don’t understand how she could have never told me about having a daughter. What bothers me the most is that Jesse gave up on her; she opted out and gave my daughter up for adoption. Adoption, she didn’t even think to contact me at all.

…….

“She is?” I asked the lady who I was currently on the phone with.

“Yes, she’s 16 now, almost 17.” she said.

“Wow.” I gasped.

“Fine young woman. Do you plan on coming to meet her?” she asked.

“I want to yes, but how would she react to it?”

“She’s gonna be taken aback by it, but she should grow accustomed to you. All her life she’s always wanted to meet her real dad. She thinks that you left her and her mother right after she was born.” She informed me.

We continued to talk for a while longer, and then agreed that I would go to Los Angeles tomorrow to meet her since I lived in San Diego and could easily make the drive there.

NEXT DAY.

“Are we all ready to go?” asked Tony.

“Yes.” nodded Mike as he got into the driver’s seat and turned the van on. Tony sat in the passenger seat with Jaime in the row in the middle of the van, I sat in the very back of the van, completely overwhelmed by the events that had occurred in the last couple of days.

“Vic try to get some sleep will you bro? You don’t want to meet your daughter while looking like a zombie do you?” asked Mike.

I laid down and tried my hardest to fall asleep. It took me a while, but eventually, I was able to close my eyes and sleep.

…..

“Vic, Vic wake up, we’re in LA.” came Jaime voice as she shook me a little.

I slowly opened my eyes and sat up. Jaime handed me a water bottle as I ran my hand through my hair and put my beanie back on.

Soon enough, Mike pulled up to the Los Angeles Orphanage parking and we all got out of the van.

The place looked nice. It was like one huge apartment building/house looking place. Simple but creepy.

“Are you ready?” asked Mike.

“As ready as one could be I guess.”

“Don’t worry Vic, we are all going to be here with you.” reassured Tony.

We walked up the stairs and through the front doors.
There is no looking back.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's quick I know, but it'll slow down.
Let me know what you think :)
Sorry if some spelling is off a little.
Thanks for reading :]