Status: Active

Can We Lose Our Minds and Call It Love For the Last Time?

Ten.

Alexa's POV

Three weeks had gone by and things had been gradually getting better. I didn't go back to school, I ended up just doing all my schoolwork from home since well ya know my ribs were broken. I finished it all and I was officially a high school graduate. It felt good, having been able to to that despite all the ups and downs in my life. My dad and uncle had decided to have a barbecue to celebrate, so that's what was going on today.

Everyone was out getting stuff for the barbecue today, it would serve two purposes. One, I graduated high school, and Two, we would be leaving in two days for Warped Tour. My dad was hesitant on letting me go because go my condition, but Mike and I had managed to convinced him that I would be fine, so he agreed.

Currently I was in the kitchen cutting some cucumbers for later one when the doorbell rang. I really didn't feel like walking always to the door, but since there was no one else in the house, I had to.

I opened the front door and came face to face with Jasmine. I heard that her and her friends had gotten expelled, which succeed for them because they didn't have that much time before they graduated also. Oh well.

"What do you want Jasmine?" I asked her.

"I came to see how you were doing." she stated.

"Don't worry about it." I told her with a smile on my face.

"Look, don't you think we have gone through enough, we were expelled, I lost Tony, the least you could do is drop the charges against us." she stated.

"And you broke four of my ribs and harassed me for four months, don't you think that that was enough for me? Ah, but you and your friends didn't care about that did you?" I told her.

"You're such a bitch,--"

"I'm the bitch? Did you already forget everything that you did to me? You broke four of my fucking ribs, that's not an easy thing to do! And now you have the balls to come and ask me to drop the charges against you and your coward friends? You got expelled, that wasn't my fault, I never asked for you guys to kick my ass every other day, that is all on you." I spat. Suddenly Tony came through to the front door with grocery bags.

"What are you doing here Jasmine?" he asked angrily.

"I thought that maybe we could talk." she told him. I rolled my eyes.

"You thought wrong. Now please leave." he told her.

"You're not even giving me a second chance?" she asked him.

"No, I don't have to explain myself to you, we're not together anymore." he said and walked inside.

"Bye Jasmine." I smiled and closed the door.

"Why was she really here?" asked Tony as I walked into the kitchen.

"She came to ask me to drop the charges against them."

"I thought you had already done that."

"I did, but they don't know that yet." I smiled to myself and continued cutting the cucumbers.

Yeah, I had decided to drop the charges against them. I really didn't want anything to do with them anymore. I wanted to forget that they even existed and go on tour with my dad and friends and just be happy.

As for Tony and I, we were weird. I hadn't exactly forgiven him, but I wasn't exactly mad at him either. I just didn't know him anymore. I knew that he would be there for me if I ever needed him, but I, he needed to earn my trust back. We had little meaningless conversations, but nothing ever outside of that. It sucked, he had been my best friend besides Jayden, and not having Jayden was bad enough, now not even having Tony sucked.

A couple hours went by and people started arriving. My stomach was bandaged under my t-shirt, and I still had to walk slowly because any kind of sudden movements triggered pain. A lot of people were here by the time I decided to go downstairs. I had met a lot of my dad's friends already, so it was nice seeing them again. They asked me about how I was doing, if I was excited about Warped, and how my ribs were. Things were good, calm and peaceful. The sun was out, there were people in the pool, people playing beer pong, talking, eating, it was great. I hadn't felt so good in a really long time.

I kind of felt guilty, feeling so good after losing my best friend over a month ago. Shouldn't I still be sad? I grabbed some chips and walked to my room. I pulled out the box where I had placed Jayden's letter and took it out.

Lexi,
I know you must hate me because of what I've done. I understand how much this is hurting you, and I am truly sorry for that. But it was my time to go. Remember when we talked about when we wanted to go? We had gotten back from eating ice cream and were sitting outside under that really big tree. You had said that you wanted to die after you had a family and your kids were grown up and able to sustain themselves, I had said that I wanted to die at my peak.
This is my peak.
You found your dad, you gave him a chance, and that makes me extremely happy. Things were going good. I was good, you were good, life was great.
You know how it is, as soon as life is going great it comes and slaps you in the face. I wouldn't have been able to handle another slap in the face, so I decided to take my own life now, right at this moment, because I'm so happy.
I know that it sounds twisted, and you probably won't understand why I did what I did, but I want you to know that it wasn't because of the fact that I was sad, or hurting or anything of that sort.
I love you more than you will ever know. You're my best friend, my little sister, my everything.
Please remember that.
Don't let anybody and I mean ANYBODY get you down or keep you from following your dreams. Ever. You are gonna live to o great things, so don't think that you can't do something because you and I know very well that you can.
You'll do just fine without me.
Besides, you don't really think that I'm not gonna be looking after you do you? What kind of best friend would I be if I did that?
I love you, and I all always love you.
Keep playing that guitar, keep making music, keep smiling, keep being happy, keep standing up for yourself, keep on living.
-Jayden. [/]
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I didn't realize how short this really was...
But here it is another update.
Your guys's comments make me laugh :)
Thanks for reading and commenting :)
I might post later on today again, if I don't get distracted by moving things around me lol
:)