Status: Active

Can We Lose Our Minds and Call It Love For the Last Time?

Five.

A Year Later
Lexi's POV
I stormed through the front door and slammed the door shut before throwing my backpack angrily on the floor. The door soon was slammed again by an angry Tony also storming through the door.

"You are such an asshole!" I yelled at him.

"And you're fucking stupid!" he screamed back at me.

"Whoa, whoa, guys, what's going on?" asked Jaime as he waled towards us because of all the commotion followed by Vic and Mike.

"Why don't you ask that idiot?" I sneered. Everyone's eyes shifted to Tony.

"What happened?" asked Vic.

"What happened is that your daughter is hard headed and unreasonable that's what." answered Tony.

"At least I'm not a fucking cunt!" I fought back.

"Alexa, stop with the bad language, Tony what happened exactly?" repeated Vic.

"I went to pick her up from school right? Well some dude was all over her. I got out of the car and told him to back the fuck up. Then there was an argument and a couple of punches." he said.

"Liar." I shook my head. "We weren't doing anything wrong, he was just giving me a hug. and then Mr. I'm-So-Fucking-Macho-TOny comes up and starts a fight for no freaking reason."

"That's not how it happened and you know it!" roared Tony.

"It is! He was the first person that has been nice to mer all fucking year and you completely ruined it!"

"You don't even know him. You don't need friends like him. Vic I'm serious, I went to school with the guy, he's bad news." stated Tony.

"No, what I don't need is you thinking that you can decide who I can or cannot hang out with! Stay out of my business Tony." I told him.

"Fine, go ahead and be the little stupid slut that you want to be!" he yelled at me. Without thinking, I slapped him across the face and I soon as I brought my hand down everything froze and my eyes widened in shock. Tony stared at me with anger before pushing me aside and going up to his room.

"Lexi…" began Vic.

"I don't know what happened. He just got me so angry." I looked at Vic in shock. "I don't want to talk about it." I stated coldly before going into the kitchen for a glass of water.

This is so weird. Tony and I had become really great friends. Best friends. We were always together. Lately though, we'd been at each other's throats and today, we just exploded.

I began making my way upstairs when I heard Tony's voice from his room.

"Ever since she got here though, she's been a nuisance. I don't even know how Vic puts up with her. How I put up with her crap I don't even understand. She's such a …" that's all I need to hear. I walked into my room and locked the door behind me.

Fuck this. It wouldn't be the first time that a family didn't want me anymore.

I filled my gym bag with cloths and tossed it out the window.

'Don't worry, I won't be a nuisance anymore.' I wrote on a piece of paper and left it on my bed next to my phone. I climbed out the window and didn't look back.

Running away was nothing new to me. I'd done it before when I was placed into really crappy homes. I walked for a while and ended up in downtown San Diego. I didn't know much about San Diego. Yeah I had been living here for about a year now but I never took it upon myself to explore much of it. I walked around for a couple hours and eventually sat in a Starbucks. I had absolutely no where to go, and even if I did, I had no money to get there. At least when I'd run away before i'd have enough money to get back to the orphanage but this time, it was easy different.

Besides Vic didn't deserve this at all. He'd been trying really hard to make up for the lost years. So was Mike. I couldn't even bring myself to call Mike uncle, let alone call Vic dad.

a tear rolled down my cheek as i realized that I would, for the first time in my life, have to swallow my pride and get back to that house. Not for me, but for Vic and Mike, who deserved much better than this.

I sighed and picked up my bag. It was really dark by now, and since I had left my phone on my bed, I had no idea what time it was. Eventually I made it back to my street and sat on the side walk for a bit, collecting my thoughts. How would I explain this to them?

"Lexi?" came a soft voice from behind me. I jumped and whipped my head around and saw Tony.

"What?"

"How could leave like that? Do you not understand what you put all of us through? Vic is going insane." he scolded.

"Like you care Tony." I spat at him and stood up.

"I do care Lex."

"Don't lie to me. I heard what you said to Jaime, your friendship has been nothing but fake, I get it alright?" I shook my head and began walking back to the house.

"Lexi stop." he came and grabbed onto my wrist. "I'm sorry." I walked away quicker this time and opened the front door. I put my bag down without making too much noise and walked into the living room.

Jaime was sitting with his phone in hand, Mike was pacing back and forth, and Vic was sitting on the couch across from Jaime with his head in his hands.

"Vic?" my voice came out small and scared. All three of them shot their head up to look at me and Vic spent no time in coming over and hugging me tightly.

"Oh my god, I thought that I had lost you again." he told me.

This made my guilt increase and it brought tears to my eyes.

"I'm sorry." I cried.

"Shh, it's okay, you're home and you're safe now and that's all that matters."

"How are you so calm Vic? Aren't you mad at me?" I asked once we pulled away from each other.

"I was, but I'm just glad that you're home, where you belong." He asked Jaime and Mike to give us some time and we both sat on the couch and talked.

"I know that it's been a rough year for you, Having to adjust could not have been easy, but I want you to know that I love you, and that you could talk to me about anything. I will always, no matter what, be here for you."

"I love you too….dad." I hugged him again. Calling him dad felt good, it felt right. He smiled and his eyes filled with tears.

"You called me Dad?" he asked.

"Yeah. Is that okay?" I smiled at him.

"It's perfect." he smiled. We talked for a while longer and then he said that he needed to go to bed. We said our goodnight's and I walked into the kitchen and found Jaime and Mile eating cereal. Mike didn't look too happy with me.

"Can you even begin to comprehend what we went through today?" he began.

"I'm sorry, it will never happen again, I swear.I had along conversation with my dad and we are okay. I'm going to sleep now. Goodnight Hime-Time. Goodnight uncle Mike." I smile before walking out of the kitchen.

"Yeah you be- did she just call me uncle Mike?" Mike asked.

"Oh yeah, and she called Vic, dad." answered Jaime.

I walked up the stairs and passed Tony's room. I knew that I needed to apologize to him to even though he's been fake all year. I knocked on his door and when he said to come in I walked in slowly.

Tony looked up from the book he was reading and quickly put it down before sitting up and patting the spot next to him. I walked over and sat down.

"Tony I'm sorry for earlier today. I was just angry." I said.

"I'm sorry too, for everything. And about what you heard me say to Jaime, I didn't mean any of it, I was angry and I didn't mean anything I said to him." he explained.

We sat in silence for a bit.

"We're okay right?" I asked all of a sudden.

"Of course we are." he smiled at me. "Just promise me that you'll never even think of running away ever again."

"I promise Turtle."

"Okay then, we are okay."

"Okay well, goodnight Tony." I got up and walked out of him room and into mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Problem's solved!
Sorry for speeding it up so much, but it'll move steadily from no on.
Let me know what you think so far.
Again, thank you very much for reading :)