Status: Thank you for reading, commenting, and subscribing!!!

Missed Calls

4

Valentina spent the next few days cleaning her room and hanging out with her friends. On Tuesday she simply stayed inside almost all day, cleaning, and watching TV. She spent a lot of time on her own watching Netflix and texting her friends. Valentina was not excited for vacation. She would be gone for a week and a half, and that was frankly way too long for her. She’d miss her best friend Tilly Sanders and of course she’d miss Ryan. Soon enough Avenged Sevenfold’s song A Little Piece of Heaven started playing from Valentina’s IPhone.

“Hello?” Valentina answered with a smile when she saw the caller I.D. that said Ryan <3.

Ryan’s voice sounded like music to her ears, “Well ello to you love. Would you like to hang out with me?”

“Hmm, I’d love to.”

He laughed, “Great. I’ll be at your house in about five minutes. Wear some short shorts.”

Valentina agreed then hung up, racing to throw on her smallest pair of black shorts which she had bought at Walmart a few months ago. She tossed on one of the shirts she had gotten for Christmas, flip-flops, and her A Day to Remember hoodie that she had sewn a stormtrooper patch onto. She checked herself over in the mirror just as Ryan pulled into the driveway. He sent her a text that said: here.

She shouted a goodbye to her grandparents before heading out of the door and into Ryan’s car. He smiled and looked her over as she slid into the leather seat. He made a face when he saw a rather large burn mark on her right knee.

“What happened?” He asked, reaching out to examine it.

Valentina blushed, “I was playing with a curling iron and dropped it on myself on accident.”

He shook his head and chuckled softly, taking her hand and putting it up to his mouth to kiss her palm, “Be more careful. I don’t like you getting hurt.”

She nodded and leaned closer to him, giving him a soft kiss on the lips before sitting back and letting him drive out of the driveway. He plugged in his IPod to his stereo and soon over the speakers came the sound of Mac Miller’s song Smile Back . She secretly loved Mac Miller songs. Both teens were quiet as they pulled up to the bridge that led into the small town that she lived on the outside of. He stopped at the light and they both waited for it to turn green.

“You’re so cute.” He smiled, running his fingers through her soft hair.

She crinkled her nose and blushed, “Am not.”

He chuckled and kissed her forehead, “Are too.”

The light turned green and he drove off across the bridge and towards the golf course. Ryan had found a spot that only they knew about, past the golf course. Ryan pulled up to their spot and parked. He smiled over at Valentina and kissed her.

“I missed you.”

She ran her hand down the side of his face, feeling the stubble on his cheek, “I missed you too.”

He smiled softly looking into her sparkling eyes. Ryan wasn’t the type of guy to smile to much but when he was around Valentina that’s all he could do. She was funny, cute, and smarter than she let other people think. Ryan made Valentina necklace out of sea shells which she barely ever took off except to shower and to sleep. He liked seeing it around her neck. She never let anyone else wear it or really touch it too much because it was special to her.

“Tilly got a car.” She announced.

Ryan shrugged, “Who cares?”

“Me. She’s my best friend.”

He shook his head, “She’s a bitch.”

“How?”

Ryan laughed, “Really? She constantly bitches at me. Telling me that I don’t treat you right and other shit like that.”

Valentina rolled her eyes and sighed turning the sound on her phone off and tossing it in the console in between their seats.

“Hey, I’m sorry. I know she’s your best friend but I don’t like her.” He moved her face to look at him before kissing her cheek.

She thought it over for a few minutes then nodded, “We don’t have to like each other’s friends.”

Ryan agreed then spoke, “How long are you going to be gone again?”

“A week and a half. Leaving on Thursday.”

He sighed then counted the days in his head, “So roughly twelve or eleven days?”

She nodded, “yeah, I guess.”

Ryan sighed again, “That only gives us about four days before I go to college.”

Valentina frowned and looked down at her hands, she didn’t want to think of Ryan leaving for college just yet. She knew she’d cry the day he left. She wished that she could go with or he could stay with her. Ryan didn’t want to go either but he wanted to get an education and figured he’d be back on the weekends to see her as much as possible. He remembered how almost a year back he swore never to get attached to another girl again but Valentina had changed everything.

“Don’t worry babe, I’ll be back every weekend and holidays to visit. I’ll especially come visit you.” He pulled her into his chest.

She wrapped her arms around him and nuzzled her face into his neck. He had grown to love when she did that. He also loved when she scratched his back, it was something that calmed him down when he was upset and she was very good at calming him down especially.

“How much do you like me?” Ryan questioned after a few minutes.

Valentina smiled, “A lot. Like a billion million trillion combined with my love for CM Punk and Dolph Ziggler.”

She wanted to spit out that she loved him but she lacked the guts to do so. Plus she was afraid he wouldn’t feel the same and then it would be awkward between them. Rejection was one of Valentina’s biggest fears. Her second biggest fear was dying all alone. Ryan feared being cheated on again liked his past girlfriends. Even though Valentina would never do that to him, he was still a bit weary on the thought that it could happen.

He chuckled softly and knew that she meant a lot. Valentina was actually really shy with new people, which surprised him. She was always so outspoken and ready to open her mouth to put in her two cents to any conversation but if you got her around a group of people she didn’t know or someone she wasn’t used to being around, she became the quietest person in the world.

Even though sometimes she was a loud mouth, Ryan still liked her. He liked that she didn’t care what others thought of her. If she thought she could do something to make someone laugh or smile, she’d do it. Even if she ended up hurting herself in the process. He really didn’t understand why some people didn’t like Valentina. She wasn’t the freak everyone in their small town made her out to be.

In his eyes, she was perfect and nothing could change his views on that. Not now and not ever.