Status: Thank you for reading, commenting, and subscribing!!!

Missed Calls

6

The next day Valentina woke up at noon to eat and straighten out her room so that it would be easier to pack that night. She was not at all excited about leaving, she wished her grandparents would let her stay at Tilly’s house, but of course they wouldn’t do that. She smiled when she thought of Ryan and perhaps seeing him that day but she tried not to get her hopes up. Ryan was known for saying something than never doing it. It happened quite often then she usually turned to Tilly for a shoulder to cry on, literally.

Valentina loved Tilly. After all she was her best friend. They spent almost every day together when Tilly wasn’t working or when they’re guardians agreed to let them see each other. Ryan didn’t like Tilly because she wasn’t afraid to tell him when he was treating her friend wrong. She’d tell him off and sometimes if Valentina was angry enough, Tilly would let her borrow her phone to send him a very angry message which Ryan would think was from Tilly because she was the one who usually sent him those.

When seven o’clock neared Valentina felt her heart drop into the pit of her stomach she sighed, thinking that Ryan was bailing on her again. Sadly she tossed her phone onto the bed and turned on her TV, watching a random show until she heard her phone go off with the special text tone she had set for Ryan.

Ryan: Hey you wanna hang?

She squealed happily and quickly checked that it was okay with her grandparents before texting him back to tell him yes. She quickly pulled on her favorite denim shorts, panda belt, Dolph Ziggler T-shirt, hoodie, and a simple pair of pink and green leopard print skater shoes. He showed up a bit later and she shouted a goodbye to her grandparents before heading out the door to his car. She opened the door to find him reading a book about cars.

“Hey.” He greeted without looking up form him book.

Valentina’s smile faltered, “Hey.”

He didn’t look up from his book as he slowly drove out of her driveway and didn’t put it down until he was at the stop sign.

“What is with you and shorts?” He asked with a smirk, once he put the book down and looked over at her.

She smiled and shrugged, “It’s summer.”

“True.” He nodded.

Valentina laughed, “Well if you don’t like it I’ll just not wear shorts anymore.”

“No, no, I like it. You look hot.”

She giggled and shook her head, kissing his cheeks then letting him drive off across the bridge towards their spot. The whole way Ryan was playing Mac Miller songs and rapping along. If she had been alone or with Tilly she would have but Valentina was afraid of embarrassing herself in front of Ryan. He glanced over at her every few minutes, admiring her as he pulled up the hill to their spot.

“Ah it’s so beautiful up here. I’m glad I found this place. It’s perfect with the sun, clouds, it would only be better if you weren’t here.” He joked then poked her side to make her giggle and squirm away.

She laughed, “Ouch. Fine I’ll just walk home.”

Valentina opened the door and stepped out of the car, waiting for Ryan to call for her but instead he said, “Go ahead.”

She watched him for a few minutes then let out a frustrated grunt before getting back in the car. He smirked and pulled her close to him.

“That’s what I thought.”

She smiled and they kissed. Before Ryan there had been three other guys that had kissed but none of them compared to Ryan. He and Valentina both didn’t like French kissing so they didn’t do it. Their kisses were the most electrifying. She wanted to kiss Ryan all the time. Ryan loved kissing Valentina. Her lips were always soft and pink. Ryan pushed the button on his stereo making the screen pull out and up.

“Look that way.” Ryan turned Valentina’s head to look out the window.

She groaned and did what he said then pulled out her IPhone, turning on the camera to see just exactly what he was doing. He put a DVD into the player than looked up to see Valentina.

“Hey!” He took her phone and shut off the screen, putting it in the side pocket on his side of the car.

She pouted, “You’re no fun.”

“Shush, I’m a walking party.” He smirked, leaning his seat back a bit.

Valentina fixed her eyes on the screen as she leaned the passenger seat back a bit. He clicked play when the main menu came up then moved over a bit so that him and Valentina were closer together. She watched the screen as he watched her. He always got a bit nervous around her. Valentina seemed so fragile he was afraid of breaking her or messing up. She glanced over at him and covered her face.

“Don’t stare at me.”

Ryan chuckled and uncovered her face, “Why not?”

“Cause it creeps me out.” She smiled.

He widened her eyes and stared at her more just to get her to blush and giggle. Ryan laughed and put his arm around her shoulder, letting her rest her head on him. Together they watched more than half of 21 Jump Street.

“Come here.” Ryan lifted Valentina onto his lap, so she was straddling him.

He was already stiff she noticed. Ryan smiled and pulled her down to kiss him. She wrapped her arms around him, and he wrapped his around her. Their kisses were full of passion and if this were a romantic movie, in the background fireworks would have been exploding into the night sky and a heart would have been drawn around them in a bright red color as the camera moved out and faded to black with words across it that said The End.

“Close your eyes.” He whispered.

Valentina rolled her eyes but did what he said, covering her eyes with both of her hands. She felt him click the button on her belt, undoing it but not taking it off. He looked up at her to see if she was looking, which she wasn’t of course. Ryan unbuttoned her shorts than pulled the zipper down, lightly tracing her hips. She peeked through her fingers to see him smiling at her.

“I was waiting for you to look.” He chuckled and pulled her down to kiss him again.

She was a like a drug and he always wanted more but he didn’t want her to think that this whole relationship was just based off sex. Sure, he loved having sex with Valentina but that wasn’t his whole intentions he liked her for more than her body or that he liked seeing her bouncing up and down on him. Valentina moved her hand down to rub him through his shorts. He smirked and moved her hands.

“Tonight, I just want to cuddle.”

She smiled when she heard him say that. Valentina loved to cuddle and she was more than happy to cuddle with him anytime. Together they cuddled, held hands and watched the rest of the movie. Before too long it was almost time for Valentina to get home. She buckled her shorts back up and crawled back into the passenger seat. As he drove down the hill they held hands.

“So what did you do today anyways/” He asked.

She shrugged, “Cleaned, I still have to pack. What did you do?”

“Worked out, fixed Ronnie’s car, got high.”

Valentina didn’t say anything so he made a face.

“I’m kidding. I didn’t get high.”

She furrowed her eyebrows at him, “I don’t care. It’s your choice not mine.”

“You don’t like weed?” He questioned.

She shook her head no, “No, not really.”

“You’ve smoked it before though.”

Valentina nodded, “Yes but it’s not my cup of tea.”

“I’ll stop then.”

She smiled, “Ryan, you don’t have to if you don’t want to.”

“No, if you don’t like it than I don’t want to do it.”

She shook her head at him, “Ryan, seriously if you want to you can.”

“Nope. I’m going to quit smoking an occasional cigar too. Cause I know you don’t like the smoke.”

Valentina leaned on his shoulder and smiled.

“You still drink right?” He asked.

She nodded, “Duh.”

“Okay, good. I don’t want to quit that.” Ryan chuckled and kissed the top of her hand before driving across the bridge.

They stopped at the light and kissed some more before going when the light turned green. Right as Ryan was pulling into Valentina’s driveway he saw the familiar truck of his best friend David who just happened to have Ronnie in the passenger seat. He groaned and she made a sour face when she realized who was in the truck. The truck pulled into the driveway and both windows were rolled down. Ryan got out of the car with Valentina and gave her a quick kiss and hug.

“Hey I’ll see you later, alright?”

She nodded and tried to ignore David and Ronnie’s laughter. She knew they were taking about her but she couldn’t understand what they were saying and she really didn’t want to.

“How does it feel to know that he’s ditching you to come play golf with us?” Ronnie called after Valentina.

She crossed her arms over her chest and walked towards her door. Behind her she could hear Ryan scolding Ronnie. Both vehicles were soon gone out of her driveway and she couldn’t help but somehow feel like she was just ditched. To answer Ronnie’s question, it didn’t feel good at all. She felt hurt but she knew that Ryan’s friends were complete morons and there was nothing she could do about that. Sighing she got to packing, stayed up till one then went to sleep not dreaming of anything at all.