Status: Updates are sporadic, comments make them happen faster!

Sightless

Prologue

Prologue

Alex Cruz was born blind due to complications during birth. He was also a petite, preemie, only weighing an astonishing three pounds four ounces and was only twelve inches long. His cry was barely audible and everyone was positive he wouldn't make it through the night being three months early. But he did. When he was coming up on the average age where babies should be crawling his parents were sure he would never crawl on time, but then something stupendous happened. He pulled himself up using the couch as his guide and began walking the length of the couch. His first few steps were wobbly to say the least, but within a few weeks he began walking all on his own. His mother chased him around the house sure he would run into things and hurt himself, but amazingly enough he was able sense things a few paces before he would have ran into them. He said his first word at nine months and his first sentence a mere month later. By the time he was five he was enrolled in a normal public school, his parents unable to afford the tuition of a school for the blind. Aside from reading normal books he began learning at an astonishing rate and his teacher strongly encouraged the curly haired prodigy-in-the-making's parents to find some way to get him into a school for the blind. By the time he was in fifth grade his parents found a special grant that allowed him to attend the Brooklyn School for the Blind. He excelled in his classes, his lowest grade being a ninety-three in spelling. Now at the age of sixteen he is facing the greatest challenge so far; dating.
♠ ♠ ♠
Man, it's been a while since I've been on mibba, it is so different. Any who hope you like it. I'll try to update weekly. <3