Status: Comments are my motivation!

This Could Be All I've Waited For

I've Never Made a Bet but We Gamble with Desire

Have you ever had that one super crazy group of friends that you would do absolutely anything for? I mean anything. Like, for example, agree to go on tour with them… only it’s not a normal everyday tour where they play at indoor venues and there is air conditioning everywhere you go.
Okay well I have that crazy group of friends and somehow one of them talked me into flying out to meet them while they were on Vans Warped Tour… Now Warped is something that I can handle one day of but my ridiculously retarded friends in All Time Low are on for the whole summer and every summer I come out for at least a week to visit but this year my presence was requested for the entirety of the tour…

I stepped off the plane I’d taken to meet up with the guys in Salt Lake City, Utah and collected my bags at my usual leisurely pace that apparently can get on peoples nerves. After passing through all of the stops that it takes to get out of a freaking airport I was greeted by a huge sign that read: “CADENCE ERICKSON, HAVE MY BABIES!” I shook my head at the sign and walked over to meet them.

“Whose babies am I having?” I asked Alex who was holding the sign.

He smiled widely and flipped the sign over “Love, Jack,” I read the back side of the sign out loud.
I had barely gotten the words out of my mouth before I was being tackled into a hug and it only took me a second to realize that Jack was the culprit.

“Awe I love you too, Cady,” he said hugging me tighter.

I laughed, “I was reading the sign and I said ‘Love, Jack’ not ‘I love Jack’,” I told him, “There is a bit of a difference you know.”

“I haven’t seen you since your 21st birthday party,” Jack complained tightening his grip.

“It was two weeks ago,” I pointed out.

“Cadence we’re supposed to be best friends,” he said putting me at arm’s length, “and best friends don’t say hurtful things to each other.”

I shrugged my shoulders, “Best friends also don’t make signs asking the other to have their babies in all caps and put it on display in the middle of a crowded airport,” I told him smiling cheekily.
Zack, Rian, and Alex snickered at my come back and I peered around Jack to glare at them, “You three allowed it and therefore are just as much to blame,” I threatened them.

“Alex was the one holding the sign,” Rian complained pointing at Alex.

Alex back handed Rian in the chest, “Dude, shut up!” he objected.

Zack had slowly started to back away, “Zack you are not getting out of this that easily,” I said calling him out. Zack stopped in his tracks and put his hands in his pockets.

“It was just a joke, Cade,” Alex tried.

I smiled at him slyly and said, “Well I’m sure we’ll have time for plenty of jokes since I’ll be with you guys for the next three months.”

Unfortunately my threats usually go unnoticed or no one listens to them. Zack picked me up and threw me over his shoulder while Rian, Alex, and Jack picked up my luggage.

“Hey don’t lose my sign I’m framing that,” I said trying to lift my head up enough to see them. I heard Jack’s chuckle and he caught up to Zack so he could show me that they hadn’t left the sign.
Zack isn’t one of the most graceful people in the world and every step he took it bounced me up on his shoulder and knocked the wind out of me. It was the stairs that really did me in.

“Are you trying to kill me?” I asked Zack pushing myself up using his lower back.

“What are you talking about?” he asked angling his head so that I was seeing his profile instead of the back of his head.

“You are beating the air out of me with your shoulder,” I complained.

“Awe poor princess,” Alex mocked me patting me on the head.

“If you want to keep your fingers, Gaskarth, then you will keep them away from me,” I warned.

Zack came to a stop and put me down. I looked around and found that Rian was getting off his phone and Jack and Alex were fighting over who got to hold the sign.

“Kay guys our cab should be here momentarily,” Rian said shaking his phone indicating that’s who he was on the phone with.

“I thought that you got the cabs in the cab line when you’re at an airport,” I said pointing to the line of people waiting for a cab a little ways away from us.

“I don’t think five people are going to fit in a regular cab, Cadence,” Rian said like a know it all, “I called us a van.”

------------------------------------------------------

“Jack stop it!” I yelled trying to wiggle out from underneath him as he was tickling me.

“I will never surrender!” he shouted tickling me harder.

I was almost on the brink of tears from laughing so hard and my sides were on fire because I couldn't breathe, “Jack I’ve barely been here an hour and you’re already making me wish I was dead!” I complained.

“Awe you don’t wish you were dead, Cady,” Jack objected, “You’re laughing and having such a good time.”

I tried to push him off of me but he just used one hand to pin both of mine down.

“JACK GET OFF!” I shouted while squirming around. I was hoping that all of my squirming would result in Jack getting off of me or at least wiggle my hands free of his grip. Unfortunately I don’t have that kind of luck and instead of getting Jack off of me I caused Jack to lose his balance and he fell off the couch taking me down with him.

Luckily I wasn’t the one who landed on the floor, not that Jack is the most comfortable cushion I’ve ever landed on; actually he’s probably the worst cushion on the planet considering he’s made of bones and a pinch of skin.

“You’re on,” I heard Alex say and I turned my head in time to catch Alex shake Rian’s hand.

“What are you two betting on?” I asked pushing myself up with the help of Jack guiding me by my hips.

I threw myself onto the couch and Jack lifted himself up by his elbows, “Yeah what she said,” Jack said nodding his head towards me.

“Nothing,” Rian said quickly with a smile.

“I think that the two of you-”Alex was cut off by Rian.

“You can’t tell the people that are involved in the bet what the bet is about,” Rian objected.

Jack pulled himself up onto the couch and leaned in to whisper in my ear, “I think they’re talking about us.”

I rolled my eyes, “Jack, they are definitely talking about us,” I said eyeing the two of them.

“This tour is going to be so much fun,” Alex said pulling his fists up to his face like a daydreaming girl.

I didn’t know what they were up to but I was almost absolutely sure that it would mean a lot of hiccups and weirdness along the way.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm still working out some kinks in the layout, so bare with me?