Status: Comments are my motivation!

This Could Be All I've Waited For

One More Long Night

“It sucks so bad that you have a whole semester after this one,” Jack grumbled as he buried his face into my neck covering my skin in little kisses.

I pulled away from him slightly because his scruff was tickling me. “It shouldn’t be that bad,” I tired, “It will be a bunch of free electives and the attendance polices won’t be a strict.” For the past few weeks I’d been trying to figure out a way for me to not have to actually attend those classes… Maybe I could petition to graduate without the free electives…

“But you’ll still have to go to class and that is the problem,” he said pulling me into his lap.

I shrugged my shoulders, “I can only do so much,” I said cuddling into his chest.

“Nasty,” Alex complained in a snotty voice flicking his wrist and sassily holding up his hand in mine and Jack’s direction. “Didn’t you little miss,” he began, tapping my shoe, “say that you needed to do your homework?”

I groaned and attempted to get up only to have Jack pull me back into him. “It isn’t due until Monday,” I reasoned as I relaxed in Jack’s arms.

“I am not about to let you cuddle with your boyfriend so that he can whine about not being able to have you out on tour because your parents find you have missed assignments,” Rian said coming out of the bunk area and pulling me out of Jack’s lap.

“Have I mentioned how annoying it is when your friends are also friends with your girlfriend and look out for both of our interests?” Jack asked folding his arms across his chest. “If you guys didn’t know her you wouldn’t care if she did her work.”

If I was being honest with myself then I knew that I was thankful for the guys staying on me about doing my work. Not that I really wanted to do it, though I’m not sure that anyone truly wants to do their homework. Luckily (yeah right) my homework was a reading then a post on the discussion board. I sat back in my seat at the table as I began to read the first or four different court cases.

Every few minutes Jack would walk by and run a hand down the length of my arm or back, or sometimes he would stop and kiss the top of my head. Obviously he was having difficulties staying apart when we were both so close.

“You look like you hate your life, right now,” Zack pointed out.

I looked up to find him obviously mirroring Jacks brooding posture with his arms crossed and head ducked with a pout playing on his lips.

“Finished reading,” I said ignoring his comment and sending Jack a halfhearted smile that was supposed to mean that I wished I was finished with my homework just as badly as he did.

I sighed finding that no one had posted about the reading yet and our professor hadn’t put up any guiding discussion questions so I was left to my own devices. I started at the screen trying to come up with some sort of a conversation starter related to the court cases.

After completely b.s.ing a discussion entry I frowned reading over my published post. I was just thankful that the online discussions were just a participation grade and not graded according to accuracy.

“Don’t think so hard you’ll hurt yourself,” Rian called from the couch.

“Don’t be a jackass,” I complained as I began to reread the entry again.

“Yeah,” Jack said agreeing with me and smacking Rian on the arm. I didn’t have to look up to know that Jack had left his place on the couch and was making his way to me again. This time, instead of a passing touch, Jack slid into the seat next to me wrapping his arm around my waist.

“Pretty please tell me that you’re finished,” Jack groaned eyeing the screen as if he would be able to tell if I was done or not based on what he saw.

I rolled my eyes and shut my lap top, “Yeah, I’m not very proud of it but I’m done,” I said. I was going to kiss his cheek but he made that impossible by dramatically falling into me and pulling me closer at the same time.

“Finally!” he squealed burying his face in my hair causing me to giggle.

“We’re here!” Alex shouted running from the front of the bus where he had been riding with the driver.

“Here where? We just left the venue a couple of hours ago,” I said looking confused. There weren’t two shows scheduled for the same state, so how on Earth would we already be at the next venue?

“The hotel?” Matt said looking at me like I was crazy. Since when did the guys stay in hotels at random?

“I thought you knew that we were having a day off,” Alex said shrugging his shoulders; “Why else would you tag along for a weekend?”

I suppose that would make since; though I really did just come because I was tired of not seeing Jack. This just added an extra bonus to Addie actually pushing me to get on that plane.

-----------------------------------------------------------

“I shouldn’t be this tired,” I mumbled mostly to myself. Jack had taken over the shower shortly after I face planted into the bed with nothing but my towel wrapped around my body. I guess I just didn’t feel up to putting my clothes on; it happens to everyone, right?

Somewhere between finishing my homework and getting out of the shower I had become exhausted. I couldn’t help but wonder if sleep was just catching up with me now that I was coming down from my high of actually coming out to see Jack.

“Yeah you are not allowed to leave,” Jack said. I guess he had finished his shower. “Ever.”

“Why is that?” I asked looking over my shoulder to find that he was towel drying his hair in nothing but his boxers. I definitely would not oppose to never leaving here.

He dropped his towel and crawled on to the bed leaning down to kiss my bare shoulder when he’d reached me. He bent down so that is face was centimeters from mine and I could feel his warm breath on my lips. “Because I don’t want to ever go another day without being able to kiss you whenever I want,” he answered causing me to smile.

I didn’t get to comment before his lips were on mine and he was turning me over so that I was laying on my back. I knew that I had to find a way to get around my last semester of classes because I wouldn’t be able to last through another four months of mostly separation. We’d barely gone two and that had been hell, and it would feel just as bad if not worse when I had to go back home again.

Jack pulled back so that our lips were barely touching as he let out a soft laugh. “You have no idea how badly I missed you, Cady,” he said kissing the tip of my nose and encircling my waist with his arms pulling me off the mattress slightly.

“I think I understand that one pretty well, actually,” I told him running my fingers through his damp hair.

“You know sometimes I wish that I was a really selfish ass hole,” he mused pulling his eyebrows together before ducking down to trail kisses along my collar bones.

“And why would you want something like that?” I asked tracing over the vertebrae that were easily identifiable through the skin of his neck.

He sighed heavily before raising his head to look me in the eyes. “So I could beg you not to go back to school,” he confessed sounding ashamed of himself for admitting it.

I kissed him softly before giving him a sad smile. “I’m working on figuring everything out,” I promised. “But there are only so many options available when you have five classes left between you and graduation.”

He shook his head and met my eyes again, “Let’s not worry about that right now,” he said kissing me and pushing me back into the pillows.

I smiled pulling him closer and kissing him back. His hands began to roam towards the hem of the makeshift towel dress I’d created and he gripped my thigh pushing the towel away to almost fully expose my leg. I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t missed the way his calloused hands made the muscles in the pit of my stomach tighten.

I felt his lips tighten into a smile because he had me right where he wanted me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler... don't hate me for the lack of actual stuff going on, please? I'm actually not sure how many more chapters this story will be which makes me both happy and sad.
On the bright side: after this story is over the Alex story I mentioned eons ago will be coming to you!
Oh and I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't do a quick freak out bit about FALL OUT BOY BEING BACK! I will be waking up early tomorrow to order tickets for myself my sister and my best friend.

Back to the real reason we're here. I hope you enjoyed the chapter and stick with the story :)