Status: Comments are my motivation!

This Could Be All I've Waited For

Get Down on Your Knees and Tell Me You Love Me

“I can promise you one thing,” I told Jack as he led me to the bunk area, “I have not missed this bunk at all.”

Jack chuckled as he climbed into the bunk and pulled me down with him. I would admit that no matter how much I hated the bunk I was really happy to be there with Jack. I sighed feeling the most content I had in a while knowing that I could really enjoy this visit.

This time around I wasn’t having to count the days because not long after I left, Jack would be coming to stay with me in Georgia for a while… or at least until I’d finished school for the semester, but even then I would be flying to Baltimore with him until the week before Christmas.

“It’s not that bad,” he argued pulling me onto his chest catching my lips in a kiss. I smiled against his lips.

“It could be worse,” I agreed, “but I’d still rather be in an actual bed.”

I heard someone clear their throat outside of the bunk. “Just a friendly reminder,” I recognized Alex’s voice, “to no one in particular, that there is no sex or sexual acts allowed on the bus.”

Jack and I laughed quietly at how ridiculous Alex could be at times.

“You know you seem to be awfully concerned about mine and Cady’s sex lives,” Jack pointed out receiving noises of agreement from Zack and Rian.

“I have no interest in the things that you two filthy animals do behind closed doors,” Alex disagreed defiantly.

“I don’t know, bro,” Zack called out, “You always make sure to bring it up whenever they’re together.”

“Shut up you guys,” Alex hissed when Rian agreed with Zack. “I’m just saying that I always seem to always walk in on the inappropriate things whenever Cade is visiting.”

“That’s because you don’t know the definition of privacy,” I pointed out.

Rian and Zack agreed and began complaining about their own mishaps with Alex due to his lack of knowledge on issues of privacy.

“That’s it I hate all of you and I’m going to bed,” Alex announced with a final huff.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I decided to hang around with Jeff while he worked on setting up the lights for the show. Jack was still back stage hanging out with Rian. They were making fun of Alex while he talked to Lisa via skype. I left when the banter escalated from making kissy faces to crude jokes.

Jeff was informing me on the special qualities of each of his “babies” or what I would like to call lights, when Jack waltzed out onto the stage with his hands on his hips.

“I think your girlfriend is getting pissy,” Jeff pointed out nodding his head towards Jack who had begun tapping his foot and pursing his lips.

I rolled my eyes, “Girls suck,” I informed Jeff as I picked myself up off the floor and giving him a wave goodbye before making my way to Jack.

“Can I help you, princess?” I asked cuping his face in my hands and smiling widely at his pout.

“You know, I was going to ask you if you’d like to go to lunch with me, but now I think I’m going to go by myself and you can stay here with Jeff and have your bro time,” he complained in a whiney mock girl voice.

I laughed taking my hands from his face and linking my fingers with his. “I would love to go to lunch with you Mr. Barakat,” I told him smiling widely.

“Get out,” Jeff said pointing towards the door, “Just get out.”

I didn’t even try to hold back my giggle as Jack pulled me back stage quickly grabbing our jackets before pulling me outside.

“So what’s the occasion?” I asked as I pulled on my jacket.

“What do you mean?” he asked bumping my hip and sliding his fingers through mine, “Why does there have to be an occasion for me to take my girlfriend out to lunch?”

I rolled my eyes, “I don’t know what you’re up to but I’ll do my best to ignore it if that’s what makes you happy,” I told him.

Jack leaned over kissing my temple, “Thank you,” he said happily towing me along down the street.

“Please tell me that you actually know where you’re going,” I begged as we continued walking in what seemed like an aimless manner to me.

He darted across a crosswalk tucking me under his arm as he towed me along.

“Of course I know where I’m going,” he crowed laughing.

“Yeah okay that means you are completely winging this,” I said nodding and knowing for sure that I was right.

“Cady,” Jack said, “do your best to not be a party pooper.”

I was far from being sensitive to Jack’s teasing so I simply smiled and shook my head at his antics as he continued to pull me along.

--------------------------------------------

Lunch was surprisingly civil. There were no weird jokes or behavior that would be considered unpleasant for public. Jack was on his best behavior which made me suspect that he was really up to something and kind of put me on edge. I had never been opposed to the way that Jack acted because that was simply Jack; it was a part of what I loved about him. I would have voiced my opinion on it but Jack kept shushing me every time I tired, so eventually I just gave up and let him pretend to be an actual adult for an hour or two.

Of course as soon as the show started Jack was back to his normal self which eased my mind only slightly because he kept giving me serious looks instead of his usual air kiss or wink. To say that I was glad that before the end of the night we would be in a hotel was an understatement. I wanted to be able to talk as much as I wanted to get whatever was on Jack’s mind out of him.

Jack was the last to shower in the venue and everyone else was already on the bus or out and about in the city. I chose to stay back and wait for him so that I could possibly get a word in about how strange he had been acting all day. I knew that it was probably a lost cause but I didn’t really care to go back to the bus without him anyway.

Jack Came out of the bathroom fully dressed for once and if that wasn’t surprising enough he gave me the same serious look he’d held for me all day and marched towards me before taking my face in his hands.

He stared into my eyes for what seemed like eternity with the strangest smile playing on his lips. I couldn’t even bring myself to feel uncomfortable under his gaze because I was just so genuinely curious as to why he was giving me that look. Before I could voice the question he was leaning down and gingerly catching my lips with his. I let my eyes flutter closed slowly as Jack’s lips moved against mine. Jack and I always seem to get ahead of ourselves when we kiss but there was something different about this one. Jack was taking it painfully slow almost like he was determined to keep the kiss sweet and for once I wasn’t in any hurry to make it go anywhere either.

For the first time in a while the pit of my stomach didn’t tighten instead I felt the once familiar butterflies flutter through and I couldn’t have held back my answering smile even if I had wanted to. I felt Jack’s lips pull into a smile in response just before he pulled away resting his forehead against mine. I didn’t open my eyes as I let my breathing even out. After a moment I felt Jack lean down and kiss the tip of my nose causing me to finally open my eyes.

I looked up to meet Jack’s eyes and found him smiling down at him with the same odd look in his eyes. I smiled back before burying my face in his chest hugging him tightly. He chuckled and wrapped his arms around me in return.

I pulled away and grabbed his hand, “Come on everyone is waiting at that bar we passed on the way in,” I told him starting towards the door expecting him to follow.

When I was pulled to a stop I looked back to find Jack looking very nervous but also seemingly giddy. He was chewing on his bottom lip and his eyes looked so hopeful that it was all I could do to keep myself from kissing him on the spot.

“You okay Jack?” I asked raising an eyebrow and giving his hand a gentle squeeze.
He nodded smiling even though he was still biting his lip making him look even more adorable than before.

“Do you not want to go to the bar?” I asked trying to get some sort of explanation out of him. His weird behavior was starting to make me nervous again.

He laughed softly and looked to his feet where he was scuffing the toe of one of his shoes against the carpeted floor. I waited patiently for him to make up his mind or voice what it was that was holding him up. He cleared his throat after a moment and shook his head lifting his head and looking at me. “We’ll talk later,” he told me sounding nervous, “Let’s get to the bar before everyone is wasted without us,” he joked as he started pulling me towards the exit.

----------------------------------------------

“Hey you guys actually made it!” Rian crowed when we approached the table that most of the guys were occupying.

“Should I be buying the two of you drinks?” Alex asked raising an eyebrow at Jack expectantly.

“Why would you be doing that?” I asked thoroughly confused by his question and strange tone.

“Yeah, Alex,” Jack said through clinched teeth giving him a mean look, “Why would you be doing that?”

Alex made a yikes face and shook his head, “I just thought I’d get you two started for the night,” he said happily, clearly trying to cover his tracks, “Waitress! Two Tequila shots please?”

From the way the waitress rolled her eyes and made her way behind the bar I could tell that the guys had all been making asses of themselves.

“What was he talking about?” I asked Jack as he helped me keep my balance as I climbed onto one of the ridiculously tall chairs.

Jack laughed nervously, “You know Alex,” he said waving my question away.

I had no idea what he was talking about because while, yes, I did know Alex that did not explain away the weird exchange between the two of them that happened only moments ago. I decided not to push it though, as I made a mental note to bring that up when I spoke to Jack about the way he had been acting all day.

When the waitress brought Jack and me our shots he grinned at me and winked just before we downed them at the same time. I was expecting that to be the start of many highly alcoholic drinks to be ordered but surprisingly Jack ordered himself a beer and I got my usual strawberry daiquiri. Jack sipped his beer laughing and goofing off with everyone leaning over and randomly kissing me pretty much anywhere on my face and neck region.

I couldn’t suppress the weird feeling in my stomach that told me that something was going on and that I was the only one in the group that didn’t know about it. From the looks that the waitress was giving me I had a feeling that she was in on whatever it was too… no that would just be silly.

I mean it’s not like it was my birthday or anything.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi so this is late... I apologize for that but I just got a new laptop yesterday and I've been trying to get it all set up and stuff. And I know that the title isn't lyrics... my sister, everenchanted, threatened my life so it had to be the title and that's that.

So who's going to the Spring Fever Tour? Anyone going to the Atlanta date?