Status: Comments are my motivation!

This Could Be All I've Waited For

I Wanna Live it Up Just Because

When I thought about packing to move in with Jack I didn’t think I’d be bringing very much. I figured that I could grab a couple of boxes and a duffle bag and that would be enough. Unfortunately I was wrong. I had five medium sized boxes filled with clothes a couple of others filled with my everyday bathroom things like my makeup and straightener and other things of the sort along with a large box filled with odds and ends that I couldn’t bring myself to leave behind.

By some sort of magic we were able to fit everything into my car so we didn’t have to rent a moving truck or trailer. However, I hadn’t really been thinking about Jack would be like on a road trip. I mean sure it was only a six or seven hour ride, but that was still enough for Jack to become a complete moron. Of course I probably didn’t help with my coffee stops. Somehow we made it all the way there only having to stop for bathroom breaks a total of seven times… all of them for Jack. He claimed I had a magic bladder.

“How could such a tiny person have so much stuff?” Jack asked on after our third trip down to my car taking my things into the apartment.

I chuckled. “I really didn’t think that I had this much stuff,” I shrugged sitting the box down and looking around at all the other boxes we had already brought in.

He laughed finding that to be pretty funny. His arms snaked around my waist and catching my lips with his. “I think we might have gotten pretty stinky with all of that heavy lifting.”

I smiled kissing him back. “What are you getting at, Jack?” I asking knowing exactly where this conversation was heading, though I couldn’t say that I minded.

“All I’m saying,” he began to explain, pushing me backward and attaching his lips to my jaw line, “is that maybe we should go take a nice warm shower,” he suggested smiling devilishly.
We danced our way to the bathroom yanking each other’s clothes off as swiftly as possible without having to break our kiss for longer than a second. His fingers gripped at my skin pulling me closer to him. Jack reached down and switched on the water as we stumbled into the shower.

“Shit!” Jack gasped as the ice cold water hit his back. A shiver rippled through his body. I could feel it as his arms wrapped around me tightly. “We should have let the shower warm up first,” he said causing us both to laugh.

“Yeah, maybe,” I agreed huddling against him feeling the water splash against my legs.

Jack made some sort of face that was supposed to be seductive as he moved forward, but he managed to slip. He gripped my arms trying to steady himself so he didn’t fall into me. But given that I didn’t have the best balance to begin with I tumbled backward and we fell into the shower wall hard. We burst into laughter trying to keep ourselves up.

“So much for a hot shower, huh?” Jack asked chuckling and kissing me softly.

I smiled into the kiss nodding slightly. “Yeah we aren’t very good at this, are we?” I asked tangling my fingers in his hair to hold his lips against mine.

“I think we might be pretty good at this,” Jack disagreed pressing me more firmly against the wall kissing me roughly. And with that we lost ourselves in sloppy kisses as the water heated up.

-------------------------------------

Jack and I spent the next day avoiding unpacking my things by lying in bed listening to New Found Glory. Jack switched from lazily tracing patterns into my skin to tracing along my tattoo with his fingertips. I hummed along to the music and ran my fingers through his hair for a while. Eventually Jack and I ended up lazily making out in a mess of tangled limbs.

“You two are too young to be acting so old!” Alex shouted waltzing into our room and throwing himself on our bed.

Jack groaned and playfully kicked Alex. “We are simply enjoying each other that isn’t acting old,” Jack disagreed frowning.

“You’re lying around doing absolutely nothing,” Alex complained.

“We weren’t exactly doing nothing,” I disagreed slightly upset that Alex had interrupted mine and Jack’s alone time.

“I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t have been your definition of nothing for very long, if you wouldn’t have shown up,” Jack grumbled shoving at Alex with his foot again.

“Holy shit ew have you guys done anything on this bed?” Alex demanded sitting up and giving Jack and me a bewildered look.

Jack rolled his eyes, “Well not since she moved in yesterday,” he informed him.

Alex jumped up realizing that I had been at Jack’s quite a bit since they’d been off tour. “You guys are gross,” he complained doing some sort of twitchy movement dancing and wiping his hands all over his body as if to wash away germs.

“And you are immature,” I grumbled.

Jack chuckled and sat up folding his legs in front of himself. “So what’s your excuse for being over here?” Jack asked clearly trying to get Alex and I to stop bickering.

“Lisa is at work and Rian moved to stupid California and the dogs are being lazy,” he groaned throwing his head back dramatically.

“I’m hungry let’s go out to lunch,” I suggested hoping that it would appease Alex because he would be doing something and knowing that Jack was probably wanting to hang out with him now that he had shown up.

Alex tackled me into a hug. “Thank you!” he exclaimed clearly happy that I had given him something to something.

Jack grinned and even though he probably wouldn’t ever say that he wanted to hang out with Alex instead of being lazy together I knew that he was happy.

---------------------------------------

For the first week after I moved in it was like the short period of time back in California when the whole band lived with my family. There were a few differences though given that Rian and Zack were in California and that Lisa and Alex were the ones that we were constantly going out with. Alex got slightly better as the week progressed. He slept in longer and only insisted of going out for dinners and sometimes lunches. However weekends were free rein for Alex to walk into the apartment and demand that we all go out.

“For once can we not get so shitfaced that we don’t remember everything in the morning?” I shouted over the music giggling through my already buzzed state.

Lisa was nodding leaning heavily on the table, “I second that notion, I am supposed to get up early tomorrow.”

I couldn’t help but laugh loudly at that. “There is no way in hell you are going to get up early,” I told her shaking my head slowly.

Alex laughed nodding his head and agreeing with me. Jack threw his arm around my shoulders and forced a kiss into my cheek.

“We should get out of here,” Alex announced downing his drink and standing on wobbly legs.

“But I wanted to dance with Cade!” Lisa protested as Alex pulled her out of her seat by her hand.

“Agreed!” I shouted before taking another gulp of my drink, “Who says the party must stop?”

Jack gave me a strange look offering me his hand. “You did, like five minutes ago,” he pointed out.
I shrugged my shoulders and grumbled something that was both slurred and unintelligible.

“Then the party must go on!” Alex yelled pulling out his phone and looking for the local cab service’s number.

We all filed out of the club following Alex closely. We were soon greeted by the chilly Baltimore night air and busy streets.

“Where are we going?” I demanded knowing that Jack’s apartment was a fifteen minute walk, while sober, and we were all just standing around.

“To my place of course,” Alex said in a duh sort of tone as he put his phone to his ear.

I chuckled as Lisa hugged me tightly clearly over joyed that the party would be continuing after all. I held on to her trying to keep her from falling over or maybe I was trying to keep myself upright; it was becoming hard to tell who was actually stumbling. Next thing I knew Lisa and I were dancing on the sidewalk doing our best to embarrass both the boys while we waited for the cab.

Nights like this where we act like teenagers and get too drunk to be considered responsible doing everything we can to keep the party going, because none of us wanted to go to bed, were my favorite. I wanted more than anything to stay in that moment. To live without any sense of responsibility. It was easy when I was with Jack to forget about the real world, but Monday’s come and work has to be done, but is there really any harm in living for weekends with your friends?
♠ ♠ ♠
I have no excuse this time. My bad. The next one will be the last chapter of the story. There will not be a sequel because I am terrible with those.

Enjoy I'll have the next one up by next Friday maybe even sooner so keep an eye out.