Colliding Hearts

Wayne Manor ; The Past

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our little girl moved far away
But send up a sign the old fashioned way
Little girl

Oh feather bird don’t you sing
Hide and hibernate emerge in the spring
Feather bird

Don’t you question why
Are you on our side

Feather bird it’s you up in the sky
Feather bird I know I can rely

Woo


Kowalski - Letters From The Height Of Summer (Dear Bird)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The car pulled around the drive, kicking up rocks beneath it’s worn tires.
It slowed to a quiet stop, and slender, wrinkled fingers pulled the key from the ignition, cutting the engine off.

The silence awoke the young girl in the backseat. She’d been interrupted from a wonderful dream, and an unpleasant look of disappointment crossed her soft features.

“ Aubrey, we are here.. just look, it’s magnificent.” The woman’s soft British accent echoed as she dipped her head to get a good look at the manor.

Wayne Manor.

Aubrey pushed herself to the opposite side from where she sat, and almost had her face pressed against the glass to take in the humongous house. Her eyes twinkled in excitement at the beautiful structure. The intricate exterior mimicking a beautiful English palace.

Aubrey’s eyes flickered up to one of the top windows, and she noticed something, or rather someone peering down. A young handsome boy, his eyes clearly fixed upon hers. They bore such intensity, yet they were set in sadness.

Such sad eyes...

Aubrey pushed herself back, her eyes wide. It was eerily haunting; was it a ghost? Her breath suddenly caught in her throat.

She hadn't noticed the man with white hair descending the front steps, and her mother already wrapping her arms around him tightly.

Aubrey pushed open the door, not daring to look upwards yet again. She nervously glanced towards the direction where her mother stood, patting the gentleman’s shoulder softly.

“ Alfred, I would like to introduce you to my daughter, Aubrey.” She turned to look down at Aubrey, her long auburn hair cascading down her back. “Aubrey, this is your uncle, Alfred Pennyworth.”

Alfred looked down at Aubrey with a warm smile. He was already to Aubrey’s liking, and she hugged him tightly, reassuring him of her initial trust. There was just this positive energy that he gave off.

“ So nice to finally meet you, Aubrey.” Alfred said, pulling away gently to look down at Aubrey’s large green eyes.

“ I’m sure Master Bruce would love your company, although he is quite shy... at first.”

Aubrey gasped inwardly at the sight of the same boy standing up the steps, and in the large doorway. She suddenly felt a stirring dizziness deep within her, Is this what love at first sight feels like? and Alfred turned around to meet his Master's eye.

And then Bruce somehow managed to smile...
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, first chappie up! I'l get the second chappie up soon!!! :)