Colliding Hearts

Years Passed

Years Later...


Aubrey stands before her reflection, running her fingers through her long smooth hair, and brushing away the tangles with her wide brush. She stares longingly at the dark circles cast under her eyes, the flecks of blue and green of her iris’s, and her chapped parted lips.

She moved to the city a long while back. Moving out of the manor was a rather difficult decision, but she felt she needed independence. Her own safe haven. To be alone.

The bathroom light above her flickered slightly, and she sighed, pushing back the tears that were suddenly threatening to spill.

Bruce... She hadn't seen him in a very long time...

Emmett, the handsome guy she was currently seeing, shuffles into the bathroom, his eyes half closed, and tired. A ghost of a smile suddenly forms on his face, and he leans down into Aubrey to press a soft kiss in the crook of her naked neck. Goosebumps linger on the surface of her skin. Yet it doesn’t feel right. Dating Emmett doesn’t feel right.

Aubrey just sighs, giving into the touch of his lips, savoring the moment while it lasted.

She turns around carefully, and he immediately pushes her lower back into the bathroom counter, pulling at the thin straps of her camisole. The edge digs into her spine, and she pushes him off before he goes any further.

“ Please...” She just can’t do this anymore. Her breath hitches in her throat, and she runs a hand over her face quickly. There was nothing there... “Just... sorry. I’m so sorry Emmett.”

“ You always do this. Am I not good enough for you?”

No.

Aubrey sighed, tilting her head up to look at him. He was clearly disappointed.

“ This is probably the fourth time so far this week you've pushed me away.” Emmett said. “ I can sense that something’s on your mind.”

Without further adieu, Aubrey swallowed the lump in her throat as best she could, and her shoulders stiffened up.

“ I don’t think we should be seeing each-other anymore.” Aubrey finally admits, the confidence in her voice very clear. Emmett’s eyes widen, and his mouth just drops open. He is speechless.

“ I’m really sorry Emmett. I’m no good for you.”

Emmett takes a couple of steps back before he fully turns to gather his belongings in the other room.
He was leaving for good, and to be perfectly honest, Aubrey was okay with that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hopefully we'll be seeing Bruce again soon!
Haven't updated in a while... but I'm back after a long time, haha.
:* xoxo