Status: ~Hiatus~ Trying to edit/get more involved my other story.

Too Much Of You Is Never Enough

1- Prologue

Caitlyn

It was a dull, rainy and gray late August morning when Caitlyn Marcobson was awoken by her single handedly, yet annoying, best friend Jacob Gardner.
“Cat! Cat! Wake the fuck up, you’re always so late!” Jake ripped one of her many blankets off her bed and sighed loudly.
Caitlyn rolled over and mumbled something imperceptible. She had been given the nickname ‘Cat’ at the age of seven by her other best friend, Michael Preston. Ironically, she had hated Mikey all throughout elementary school up to Junior High, because she had classified him as ‘a prick that everybody loved,’ and he also gave her the terrible nickname that followed her up to present day. Not that the name was all terrible, she didn’t even have a problem with cats. That changed after all her classmates would tease her about the name and meow at her every time she walked into a room. She’s not much of a fan of felines anymore, and whenever someone would ask why, she simply states “It’s a long story that I don’t want to retell.”
Little did Caitlyn know she would become acquaintances with the little bastard Mike. He apologized a lot about it to her. He was also very stubborn, so eventually Caitlyn had to give in to his pleas.
The teasing died down also. Now only her closest friends call her Cat, not that it upset the 19 year old anymore anyways.
As soon as the girl drifted off to sleep again, ignoring Jake’s objections, she was tossed through the air and made painful contact with the floor. She sat up abruptly, tangled in her mass of blankets and angrily looked up at the cheeky, laughing boy. “Fuck you, Jake, I was getting up! How the hell did you get into my house, anyways?”
Caitlyn already knew the answer, but she let her dazed fury take the best of her. Jake scrunched his brows and opened his mouth to sputter something back, but Caitlyn spewed out “Nevermind. Get out of my room. I’ll meet you down there.” She stood up quickly and pushed the dark haired boy out of the room.
He yelled from outside the door, “Don’t go back to sleep! If you’re not out in five minutes, you’ll meet my friend Mr. BucketOfColdWater.”
Caitlyn laughed. “I’m getting dressed, asshole. I’ll be down.”
Caitlyn settled with her one of her old Blink 182 shirts and a pair of simple black skinnies and checked the clock. 10:24. God, she hated mornings. She tidied up her light chestnut colored hair, fixed her smudged mascara from sleep, and headed downstairs.
By the time she reached the basement, bowl of Lucky Charms in one hand, two boys were staring at her angrily. “’ts your problem?” She asked with mouth full of cereal. She looked from Jake to Mikey. “And where’s Bentley?”
“Dude, our problem is if it wasn’t for me, you’d still be up there passed out.” Jake crossed his arms and pursed his lips.
“And Bentley’s absence is also why we’re concerned,” Mikey added, nervously looking towards the door.
Caitlyn understood. Bentley was always here. Although he was the quiet one of the four, he had always been the most responsible and smartest. People seem to think of him as a bummer to be around, but in all honesty, he was really cool to be around in his own way. He was always there for his friends. So Caitlyn became slightly worried when he wasn’t there today. She bit her lip and ignored Jake’s complaint. “Want me to call him?”
“Already tried. We texted him too and he didn’t answer,” Jake replied.
“Do you think we should go over and make sure everything’s okay?” Caitlyn asked.
Mikey shook his head. “No, I’m sure everything’s okay. If something was up, Bentley would tell us. I mean, come on, it’s Bentley.” he smiled. “Why don’t we just start without him?”
The three agreed, and on they went to their corners of the basement. Jake; to the center and back to his drumset, Caitlyn; to the left hand side of the room, and Mikey; grabbing a bass to fill in for Bentley, to the front and center.
Nearly fifteen minutes went by when Caitlyn heard her front door shut upstairs. The boys annoyingly looked at her when she stopped her fingers flying up and down 6 strings. Caitlyn shot them the same look back and stared at the basement door, intent for it to fly open.
And then Bentley burst in with a huge smile on his face, his dimples deeper than Caitlyn had seen in a long time. Bentley was nearly jumping up and down with excitement as he yelled, “I have AMAZING news!”
Caitlyn and Mikey stared at him excitedly as Jake bounced up to Bentley and screamed, “What? What? What?!”
Bentley moved in the middle of the three, grabbed the microphone from Mikey’s hand, and screamed, “We’re IN! We’re going on TOUR as a guest band with ALL TIME LOW!”
Nothing seemed to matter anymore. Caitlyn was sure her heart had stopped. It was only when she felt tears welling up and Jake had decided to pick her up and spin her around she realized she was indeed alive, and she was pretty sure her life had just changed forever.
Jake was yelling things like “Oh my fucking god! This is amazing, oh my god oh my god oh my god…”
Mike was asking Bentley things like “Are you sure? How do you know? Who told you? My god, did you meet them and talk to them?” He was cut off when Jake picked him up also and spun him around. Mike squirmed out of his grasp.
“Well, I got a call from Matt Flyzik, and he just kind of told me that we’re in! Hahaha, the tour is called The Rise and Fall of My Pants, and well, we’re alternating with another band every other show, but fuck man, that doesn’t even matter!” Bentley told the three.
“Guys, do you realize what this means?” Caitlyn asked them, voice quivering a little from her astonishment.
Jake punched the air. “It’s our first big break!”
“This is gonna help us out so much in our career!” Mike cried.
“This is perfect! C’mon, guys, let’s go celebrate!” Bentley told them.
Bentley was the manager of the four 19 year olds’ band, California Skyline. Of course, this was only temporary. The band needed someone to trust when it came to a manager, and since they never really went on an actual tour as an actual band on an actual tour bus, they never needed one. Bentley just naturally sorted out all the bands’ needs, problems, etc. So when workers at venues needed to talk to CS’ manager, the three just pushed Bentley up there. He was fine with it, so they just left it at that.
They ended up eating at a nice diner for lunch after they told the parents what was going down this October when the tour started. It would be weird, living on a bus for 2 months without their parents as they traveled the country with their favorite bands and played shows.
It was still hard for Caitlyn to believe what was happening when the band took a trip to a nearby North Carolina amusement park later that day. She couldn’t drop the smile on her face. Everything was going to change now, she was going to see so many new faces, new crowds, and make new friends… everything was going to be perfect, surrounded by the 3 most important people in the world.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hellloooo everyone! I had the idea for this fic for quite some time now. I've decided to give it a go! Thanks ya'll for reading!