Status: Note not all Japanese Slang will be correct (because i hadrly know Japanese) and Some street racing terms by be out dated or Invalid.

Hashiriya Swagger

Work and Play

Han had changed and sat on the sofa. He gazed out in a daze into the kitchen. Eyes stinging lost in days past. He didn't hear Bree desend down the stairs.

"Hey I'm ready, which way to the pool?" Bree asked finally. She had been watching him for a while and went completely unnoticed. "Where exactly is your head right now" she thought. Having watched his profile, she couldn't sake the feeling of profound sadness as his eyes looked like a kid lost in the woods.

Han sat up with a start "jesus you scared me" he breathed. Bree laughed nerviously "yeah well just shows you need to leave the Yakuza...I mean you can't leave your back open like that to anyone" Bree said walking over to him. His eyes followed the sway of her body and the bounce of her curls.

Bree made a gun out of her fingers. "I mean, you poke fun at and annoy me so much" she said placing it to his chest. Over his heart. Han watched her intently his skin burning were he fingertip was slightly brushing against his chest.

Bree sulked inwardly she was hoping to through him out of sorts, the way he always did her. But he still looked very calm. "Bang" she muttered tilting back her finger gun, pouting in defeat. She looked around. "Its this way to the back right?" She asked brushing past him.

Han touched his chest, it had been over his heart which had decided to beat rapidly. "Y-yeah" he called spinning around and going to lead her. Though he legged behind a bit. Tilting his head he watched the back of Bree's body and this time he blushed.

Out poolside. Bree waided into the water, her body shivering in the cold. "Its freezing!" She called. Han laughed "because you got in so slow" he said before jumping into the pool.

Bree yelped as a wave of water crashed over in head in a large splash.

Han's head poped up out of the water before her as she wiped water off of her eyes.

"Ah! Damn it Han!" She yelled seeing his face infront of hers. He held a playful smile. Bree found herself lost in his eyes for a moment. In that lingering pause Han moved a bit closer. Getting a good look at his face Bree had one hunch confirmed. "He is infact older than me and DK...." Bree thought as she recalled the two walking the halls of the school. "So...then what was he doing there..." she though.

Han's eyes showed he was in deep thought as well. Bree glaned at him and then smirked evily. She slapped her hand against the water and splashed him. "Hey!" Han called falling back into the water and pushing away from her.

Bree giggled "ha thats what you get!" She called. Han glared at her playfully and splashed her back, he used more water than she had. Bree squeeled and shielded herself before splashing him back. "You're splashes are to tiny!" Han taunted.

"Oh yeah? You wanted bigger splashes?" Bree asked falling onto her back letting the water hold her she kicked her feet caughing huge splashes to shower Han who laughed and used his arms to deflect a bit of the water.

"Come on not fair!" He called before dunking under the water. He swam under Bree smirking as he grasped her legs pulling her under.

Bree watched him in shock holding her breath. A glare came to her face as he looked pleased with himself. He then reached out his arms and started to tickle her stomach. Bree squirmed around under the water laughing. She quickly swam for the surface and Han followed.

With a gasp of air, and spitting out water Bree laughed holding her aching stomach.

Han watched her with a small smile. "Thats mean" Bree finally breathed. "Well you were mean first" Han said. Bree shook her head and laid back to float on her back. Her eyes locked on the pink and purple sky.

Han swam to her and followed suit. She could feel his skin sticking to hers as thir shoulders touched.

After a while of floating in silence, Bree spoke up. She didn't want to break the peaceful quiet as for once between them things felt natural. But the weird feeling that was washing over her, as if she was meant to be there like that, just floating next to him, was to much for her.

"This is relaxing...you were right. I can't even think of anything past today right now" Bree said breathelessly. Han turned his head to look at her "....it feels nice" she added. "Being in the moment...its one of the best feelings in this world." Han replied. Bree nodded and turned her head to look at him as well.

And the thought that had been lingering in her mind ever since she first saw him. Bubbled up to the surface.

"Hey Han..." she called locking his eyes to her.s

He quickly got lost in pale blue eyes. "Huh?" He hummed dazed off.

"Who are you really" she asked softly. Han's face became serious as the two watched each other. No sound but the gentle movement of the water and faint awakening crickets.

"I'm not sure I know anymore..." Han thought.

They stayed like that for minutes on end until Bree's stomach made a sqelching sound.

Han laughed "somebody's hungry" he said.

Bree gave a sheepish smile. "Swiming always does that to me" she confessed Han smiled and rolled off his back "me too" he said swiming for the pool ladder. Bree rolled over and followed him.

She sat wraped in a big blue robe on the sofa. Han was in the kitchen digging through the fridge.

She touched the robe gingerly it had very very faintly Han's scent upon it. It was strangly comforting. "There's nothing in here but stuff waaay past it's prime!" Han called out shutting the door to the fridge.

Two beers clanged against each over in his hand. "I'll have to order out" he said returning to her. He froze as he watched Bree, sitting on the sofa in one of his bathrobes. He smiled inwardly, but a cold sweat dripped down his spine as he found Bree absently looking at something small and golden on the glass coffee table.

A plain blank golden band, laying fragily on the glass a ring of dust around it. It clearly hadn't been moved in a very long time.

"....is that..." Bree muttered. But it couldn't be, he wasn't the type to cling to one person. Han was a flirt and a ladies man. Then again all that dust. And the fact that this placed looked as if it had been unused for a long time.

"Did you used to be-" Bree asked but was quickly cut off by Han grabbing a phonebook and laying it out ontop of the ring as if to hide it.

"Do you want pizza or sushi...maybe burgers or something" Han said quickly. Bree watched him intently but he ignored her questioning glance. "Pizza" she said quickly but rather than having an opening to finish her question Han pulled out his cell phone and started to dial a number.

Bree sighed in defeat and got up from the sofa and headed up the stairs.

Going back to the master bedroom she quickly tossed her cloths back on and wrapped a towel around her damp hair. Her eyes scanning the room one more time before she headed out into the hall.

Down stairs she could faintly hear Han placing a order. Bree's feet stopped before one of the other 3 rooms. Reaching for the handle she carefully and quietly opened the door and gasped.

Before her eyes was a room painted in nutural colors, and against the wall was a changing bed. Not wanting to see the rest, Bree silently pulled the half open door closed. Blinking a few times she watched the door "no way..." she thought, shaking her head she went down the stairs. "Just, theres no way. It doesn't even fit him..." Bree thought.

Stopping at the bottom of the stairs she watched him talk of the phone "then again...does it? You don't even know this guy" she thought.

Somehow that thought made her sad.

Trying to act normally Bree sat down next to Han and took up one of the beers. Taking a large gulp from it.

Han hung up the phone and looked at her suprised. "You handled that real well" he said as she took a larger gulp. "In my house...you have to have a drink now and then to stay sane. My Dad let me have my first one when I was 16... 3 years ago" Bree said with a sigh.

Han put the phone down. "They won't deliver this far out" he said. Bree stood up and pulled her keys out of her pocket. "Thats better anyway. I'd rather head back and spend the rst of to day with the others anyway...Its more fun to celebrate with friends right?" She asked.

The truth was she wanted to get out of this house and she could feel that Han probaably did too.

Han nodded "sounds good to me" he said almost gratefully. He changed and locked up the house before the two left together.

"Hey its about time!" Twinkiee called as Bree and Han entered the garage. "Yeah, we thought you guys ditched us" Sean said laughing. "Almost" Han said with a smile. Bree went to Kiku "no way, my girl would never not on a day like this we still haven't celebrated properly!" Said Kiku. Bree nodded in agreement and smiled at her. The truth was she was glad to be out of that house.

"So what? Sounds like a party is in order" Rocko said rubbing his hands together with a wide grin. "Not yet we have to welcome the new man. Ken's gonna arrive here pretty soon" Juice said. Bree grinned "thats right the new racer, it'd be nice to have some extra hands around this place too we could take more orders" she said. "More importantly make more money!" Kiku giggled rubbing her thumb amd pointer finger together.

"I dunno that silver kia is almost done. We just need to order in that white pleather and pink cherry wood for the interior." Rocko said. "Nope she wanted white gold spinners and a white exhuast tank. Neither of those have come in yet." Bree said.

"Come on don't talk shop on your day off!" Sean called laughing.

"What day off?" Bree, Kiku, and Juice all said at once causing everyone to laugh.

"Hey, I'm liking the sound of this place already!" Said an up beat voice. Juice looked up and smiled before jogging over to the man strolling in. They bro hugged "Ken, man hey!" Juice called. "How you doin' Juice?" Ken asked green eyes shimmering. "Not bad, great actually. You need to come see our girls work" he said leading Ken over to the group. Bree stood up and winced a bit, that wound finally starting to throb again.

Han watched her carefully eying the area were it had been.

"Hey Ken, we're glad to have you join us" she said with a smile extending a friendly hand. "I thought you sister didn't like criminals" Han muttered to Sean in a whisper. "She don't, but he don' served his time. Thats different he's clean now besides...she don't mind penny-hanny criminals or folks who got good reasons for what they've done" Sean said his voice though hushed taking on a serious tone.

He looked up at Han "or for what they're currently doin" he added. Sean looked back at Sean and nodded. "Good to know" Han thought as he watched Bree show Ken the cars they were currently working on.

"You guys have a gift, these monsters are sick!" Ken called running back to the group.

Rocko slapped a hand on Ken's shoulder. "Alright buisness is over!" He cheered with a wide toothie grin his coffee colored eyes shimmering "so uh, what we gon' do next?" He asked looking over everyone.

Bree's eyes wandered over to her new ride and she eyed it. Part of her wanted to go out and see just what the car could do yet she didn't want to risk messing this one up.

"I think one of our leading ladies wants to race" Han said smiling as he watched her eyes fawning over the car he gave her.

"Oh oh! Me too, the racer garage, it gives us time to advertise some more." Said kiku.

"Yeah as Ken could race my brass genisis to drum up some more show" Bree said.

Han gave a deep frown. "I'll race it, its mine anyway" Han said. Bree arched a brow and turned to him. "But..." she said "remember I said I was interested in buying it?" He asked. Covering his frown with a smile. "Alright...you race it but that doesn't mean its yours!" Bree said. Han chuckled and nodded.

"Then you can roll in the red honda..." Bree said to Ken. He eyed the metalic red paint and blue tented windows on the hood..."captain america's shield?" Ken laughed the metal had been raised and formed into the shape and feel of the shield and painted the proper colors.

"Thats Twinkie and Rocko's handy work...comic book nerds" Sean said laughing.