Status: Feedback Please

Into the Hive

Part One

PART 01

"It's weird how you remember me but nothing else, Alice." I commented as I watched her walk down the hallway, inspecting everything.

"I don't know. You're face is so familiar." She replied, we stopped at the front door. She pushed it open and I followed her outside. It was slightly windy outside but it felt good. It was dark since it was around eight at night in Fall. I signed then hundreds of birds came out of the trees and flew away. I had a bad feeling about this.

"Maybe we should go inside?" I suggested, taking a step back when the wind really picked up, blowing leaves in all directions before we ran inside and a Caucasian man grabbed Alice around the waist and me by the wrist.

Who the hell is he?!

"Let go!" Alice shouted, trying to elbow him in the stomach.

"Come on! We gotta go!" The man shouted, as he dragged Alice and I back into the house. Glass shattered, piercing the naked skin of my arms before healing instantly, leaving no trace.

Wind brushed against my face, tossing up my hair. I could hear helicopters in the distance before I was tackled to the ground, vaguely remembering hearing the man's voice and Alice shouting. Then it was black, I don't know how long I was out but I guess it was only a few minutes since I heard voices.

"Who are you?" A man questioned, I heard the sound of someone groaning.

"I'm a cop! My name is Matthew Addison!" Another man shouted, he sounded as if he was only a few feet away. I couldn't move my body let only open my eyes.

"I'm not getting a match." A woman's voice stated, I could hear tapping like the sound of a keyboard.

What's going on? Where did all these people come from?

"I just transferred; they probably don't even have me on file yet!" The second man shouted.

"The locals are inefficient. It's a possibility." A third man stated.

"Who is she?" I could feel several stares on my face and body. I wish I could roll my eyes.

Great.

"Leave her alone!" I vaguely heard Alice shout. She seemed nearby but also distant.

"You know her?" The fourth man questioned Alice.

"She's the only one I can remember. Don't lay a finger on her." She bit back; I could tell she didn't trust these people and for that reason I grinned because Alice has always been overprotective of me. I slowly, felt myself snap out of whatever was paralyzing me only to discover I had a major migraine.

"Shit. What the fuck?" I mumbled, slapping a hand on my forehead.

Opening my eyes, I groaned and sat up only to see multi-guns pointing at my face. I jumped back and glared at the four commandos holding the weapons at such a close range. Alice glared at all of them about to stand up when I spoke.

"Assholes! What the fuck is your problem!? I don't even have a damn knife on me! Get them away from my face!" I shouted, resisting the urge to kick the men in the balls. The Latina women smirked while pinning the cop's arms behind his back while the African-American man motioned for them to lower their weapons. He stepped closer to me.

"Who are you?" He repeated.

"Who are you?" I shot back, pissed. He stared at me.

"I ask the questions here."

"Look, you're a stranger. I live here. Technically, you're breaking and entering. You knocked me out, pointed five fucking guns in my face, and now you're threatening me. Hn, and you think I'm gonna answer you? Fat chance." I said, glaring straight at him. I couldn't care less about their military experience or their weapons.

"Ooh, someone has a rebellious streak." Someone commented from behind me. I flicked them off. I heard a whistle but kept my eyes trained on the man who seemed to be the one in charge.

"You're going to be difficult." He said, narrowing his eyes. I shrugged.

"I've been told worse." I replied. My eye swiftly traveled down his uniform and I spotted a simple work 'One'.

"Hello, One." I said, grinning. He stared at me.

"Who are you?" He repeated for the third time.

To tell or not to tell that is the question…

"Adrienne. I'm a friend of Alice's." I informed after a three-minute stare off and rubbed my eyes since they still had flashlights pointed at me.

"Can you please get those damn lights out of my face? Damnit, I feel like I got hit by a fucking train." I swore. My body was numb in some sections but my migraine was still killing me. Alice slid closer to me, asking if I was alright by her eyes. I nodded my head while whispering; "My life fucking sucks," causing her to crack a grin.

I've known Alice since I was a middle school student. Both of my parents were dead to my knowledge and I was bounced around to cousin to aunt to grandma and everyone else until I ditched them and ran off. Alice found me an hour later and took me in. Years later, I was her bride's maid at her and Spence's wedding. I knew everything about the Umbrella Corporation, Alice told me a few facts but I had already known about most of the experiments since a majority of my family were apart of Umbrella, namely scientists.

"You can't do this!" The assumed police man shouted while trying to struggle away from the Latina woman which snapped me out of my trip down memory lane.

Damn, she must be built. Plus she's hot. No, Adrienne. Alice is the only one for you. Even though she's married, urg.

"Blow me." She said, pulling him up and pushing him forward. I grinned at the thought.

Ooh, I challenge.

"No complaints." I muttered to myself and looked away when she glanced at me. I felt my cheeks turn a pink while Alice gave me a knowing look and I bit my lip ignoring both of them.

We were escorted to other side of the room and boarded into an elevator. After the doors opened, we were pushed out and lead down some stairs and into a spacious room with a train.

Urg, first elevators now trains. This really sucks.

"Why do I have a bad feeling about this?" I questioned out loud. Nobody paid any attention to me of course. I was the only one staying on the walkway when the Latina woman pushed me forward; I shot a glare at her and only received a smirk in return.

"Listen, this place is dark and creepy. And I really don't wanna find out what's going on down here. Do you think you can take me back and I can eat a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch while yall are checking out the place? I'll be good, Scout's Honor." I questioned, seriously. The African man looked down at me; I saw his lips twitch before he grabbed my arm and pulled me in.

"I take that as a no." I replied, pouting. Alice pulled me next to her and I scooted closer since I was cold.

It's weird how even sitting down, she's taller than me. Then again she's like eight years older than me.

"Prepare for entry into the Hive." One commanded.

"Power's down, sir." The man with the computer stated.

"So, fix it."

"I'm on it." The Latina woman said, jumping down and connected the loose wires. The Hispanic guy laid on his stomach to watch her and scared her in the process:

"Are you done yet?" She gasped, causing him to laugh.

"Jumpy are we?" He teased.

She connected the last wire causing him to jump back in shock, she stood smirking. I cracked a small smile.

"Rain, go check that compartment." One commanded.

"Sure thing." She tried to open the door with no luck.

"How's the door?" The Hispanic man asked.

"Sealed shut."

"Let me." He replied, walking over as Rain smirked and motioned for him to go ahead. She stepped aside just when he opened the door and a man fell out, causing him to shout and jump away. Rain gave him an innocent grin.

"Jumpy are we, JD?"

That's when I laughed my ass off. JD glared at Rain and I before stepping farther away. The female medic kneeled beside the man. Pulling out a flash light, she began shinning it in his eyes until he started moving away.

"Lie still," he kept moving, "Lie still!"

He finally relaxed and his eyes followed the light until she turned it off and held up her fingers.

"How many fingers am I holding up?" She questioned.

"Three." He said, breathlessly.

"Good, now tell me your name." She questioned, seriously.

"I don't remember." At this I really looked at the man to see it was indeed Spence.

Weird. Both, he and Alice lost their memories. Now, we're in some creepy underground place.

"He's fine. Memory loss, just like the woman." She concluded, standing up.

We unboarded the train and walked to a heavy metal door.

"Let's get that door open." One stated. Alice walked straight up to him and looked him dead in the eyes.

Ooh, her sexy lioness face!

"Alright, I wanna know who you people are and what's going on here." He looked away until Alice grabbed him, forcing them to look eye-to-eye.

"Now." She hissed. He signed and backed away from her.

"You and I have the same employer. We both work for the Umbrella Corporation. The mansion, where we entered is an emergency entrance were security operatives are placed there in order to protect it." He started. Alice looked down at the golden ring on her finger.

"What about this?"

"Your marriage is fake. Just part of your cover up to protect the Hive." He answered.

"What is the Hive?" Matt questioned. I leaned against the wall, my breathing was increasing. JD glanced at me which I simply ignored him. Trying to push back the images, voices, and the screams. Those dead eyes staring back at me. I was slowly coming back to me – the memories I didn't even tell Alice about…

"Show them." One ordered. Kaplan pulled out a high tech laptop and revealed a holographic blue print of the Spence Mansion and the Hive which was underneath Raccoon City.

"The mansion, were we found all of you and gained access to the train, which in turn, brought us to the Hive. The Hive is located underground, deep beneath the streets of Raccoon City. It is a secret research facility owned and operated by Umbrella. The Hive houses over five-hundred technicians, scientists, and other individuals. They all live and work underground. Their research is of the highest nature – classified. Our position on the map is indicated by heat signature." He informed.

They're weren't joking!?

My family members use to whisper around me about the Umbrella Corporation's biochemical weaponry. They use to study the people who mutated into other creatures that shouldn't exist. Creatures that are incredibly dangerous and horrifying.

"Why can't I remember anything? Except for Adrienne." Alice asked, sounding sad but glanced at me. I kept my face away from her gaze as I steadied my breathing. Don't think about them. Relax, Adrienne. Calm yourself…

"The Hive has its own defense mechanisms, all computer-controlled. A nerve gas was released into the Mansion. The side effects include acute memory loss lasting up to five hours." He replied, glancing at me. I calculated the time in my head, I got off of work at around seven to see Alice roaming around the mansion dazed and confused. When she saw me, she freaked until she actually looked at me and relaxed.

"As for you remembering her, I'm not sure. You could have such a strong bond with her that just seeing her face activated some memories involving her." He continued.

"For how long?" She asked, after she sent a small smile my way which I returned.

"Subjective. An hour, a day, a week. But no longer."

"So, this place was attacked?" Matt asked.

"Well, it's a little more…complicated than that." One replied. Rain came down the stairs while removing her helmet.

"Sir, we've reach the Hive." She replied.

We walked until we reached a dark room and stopped. I instinctively stepped closer to Rain who raised an eyebrow at me.

"You're the one with the gun." I said, she just smirked.

"JD." One said, JD nodded and walked into the room equipped with his weapon and night vision glasses. He looked around for a while before turning on the lights. We walked into the newly lit room one by one.

"Halon has dissipated." The medic commented. Alice, Matt, and I walked closer to a huge room that appeared to show a city outside. Though I knew it was a hologram, I felt the fear of never being able to see the city lights or breathe fresh air again.

Do they know what they're getting their selves into?

"Makes it easier to work underground." Matt commented, giving Alice and I, a smile. Rain glanced back at us. I looked up when I heard a flare being lit and dropped down the elevator shaft. I heard a 'ting' sound before JD spoke.

"Guess we're taking the stairs."

Five fucking flights of stairs!?

"Stupid Umbrella, stupid power outage, stupid stairs." I complained. I took a step but tripped only to be caught by Rain.

"Watch your step, Princess." She teased, my mouth dropped.

"Princess!? That's an insult, I'm just clumsy!" I retorted, she rolled her eyes.

"Getting comfortable, Adrienne?" Alice asked. I blinked at her.

What the hell was she talking about?

"What?" She stared at me until I looked down to see I still had my arms wrapped around Rain's waist. I gasped, jumping back with a blush on my cheeks. Alice was laughing behind her hand while I glared. I didn't dare turn to look at Rain while JD joined in on my humiliation. I growled underneath my breath.

"How cute. She's blushing." He said, poking my redden cheek before I kicked him dead in the shin. He flinched and resisted the urge to rub his bruised shin.

"Damn, that actually hurt." He muttered.

"Asshole." I hissed.

"Status?" One asked, ignoring the exchange which I was sincerely grateful for.

"The Red Queen has locked onto us. She knows we're here." Kaplan reported.

"Who's the Red Queen?" Alice asked. I vaguely remembering my aunt mention her, saying she was the holographic replica of the Head Programmer's daughter, Angela Ashford nicknamed Angie. I met the girl at least a half-a-dozen times, since my aunt worked side-by-side with Albert as his assistant.

"State of the art, artificial intelligence computer that controls the Hive." One said. We can into a hallway that had glass walls with water reaching up to our ankles. I was happy I decided to wear my favorite combat boots instead of a pair of loafers.

"This is gonna slow us down. Our route to the Queen takes us straight through these labs." Kaplan informed. One nodded before looking over.

"Rain, JD. See how bad the flooding is," both nodded and walked off, "Kaplan, find an alternate route." Kaplan nodded and began his search. I leaned against the wall a bit away from the group.

"What happened here?" Alice asked.

"Five hours ago, the Red Queen went homicidal. She sealed the Hive and killed everyone down here."

"Jesus." Matt whispered, shaking his head.

"When we realized what had happened, we were dispatched to shut her down." One continued.

"Why did she do it?" Alice breathed.

"We don't know. Outside interference is a possibility." He replied.

"Something escaped." I said, I didn't know how I knew but I did. One and the others looked at me.

"Think about it. Why else would she kill everyone? Something dangerous got out. She was taking precautions. I have a feeling she doesn't like us down here either." I concluded.

"Like I said, we don't know." One was clearly irritated, I just stared at him. I knew I was right.

"You okay?" I looked over to see Spence talking to Alice, he genuinely looked concerned. Alice's arms were wrapped around herself. He began to take off his jacket and place it around her shoulders.

"Here."

"No, I'm fine." She said, shaking her head.

"It's cold in here." He insisted, helping her into the jacket. She stared at him for a few seconds when he turned away.

"Are you…? Do you remember anything – before this?" She gestured at the scene around us.

"No, nothing before the train," he answered shaking his head, "And you?"

He's lying.

"Nothing." Alice lied.

"I found an alternate route but it will cost us time. If we double back, cut through Dining Hall B, we'll be on track," Kaplan informed. Rain and JD came back.

"Sir, no go. Whole level's flooded." Rain commented.

"Alright, we're behind schedule. Let's move out." One said. Matt suddenly cursed and jumped away from the glass tube he was leaning against. Rain quickly pointed her gun at the glass to reveal a dead woman floating inside. Her blond hair was gently floating in the water and she was clothed in a white lab coat. I suppressed a scream; the floating woman was Vivian Channings, a scientist that my aunt was fond of and adored. Vivian was one of the sweetest people I have ever had the chance to meet. She was a young mother with a three-year old daughter. At that moment, I felt sick to my stomach.

"Come on." One lead the way and Alice pulled me forward. I couldn't take my eyes away from Vivian then we were out of sight and I heard Rain whisper, "Poor bastards". We walked until we came across the large dark room that contained dozens of black high-tech looking containers.

"Kaplan?" One questioned, looking as shock as everyone felt.

"Dining Hall B. That's what is says on the map." He insisted in disbelief.

"Unique decorator they have here." I said, sarcastically.

"Maybe you're reading it wrong." JD suggested.

"Maybe your Corporation is keeping secrets here that you shouldn't see." Matt retorted.

He has no idea. But I hope I'm wrong just this once.

"JD, you and Rain keep the prisoner here and secure the exit. There may be survivors. Give me a search line but keep it tight. Move it." One said, I followed after Alice who was just as curious to see what was in the containers. We looked around for a few minutes and still found no one which worried me. Alice and I peered into a viewing slot to see something breathing; it appeared to be sleeping with tubes connected to its body. I jumped when I noticed One's face next to ours.

"I said keep it tight." He gritted out.

"Sorry." I breathed.

"I'm not sure I want to remember what happened down here." Alice said to him. He looked thoughtful for a moment before we split up – One, Kaplan, Alice, the Medic, the two other men, Spence, and I were in another room while Rain, JD, and the cuffed Matt were ordered to stay with the freaky containers. Kaplan instantly sat at a desk and started typing away to get set up for whatever he was doing. One was getting impatient.

"What's taking so long?"

"Red Queen's defenses are in place. She's making it difficult." Kaplan replied.

"Let's pact it up. You," he pointed to Alice, Spence, and I, "stay here."

"You don't have to tell me twice." I said, throwing up my hands. He gave me a look before he started walking into the dark hallway when the lights kicked on and One tensed.

"The lights are automated, nothing to worry about." Kaplan said. One nodded stiffly, quickly walking to the door on the other side and placed a device on it before stepping away.

"Transmitter in position." One said, into the speaker.

"Rodger." Kaplan said, working on the computer. The rest of the team grabbed the black bags and headed inside. As soon as they were a few feet away from the door it suddenly sealed shut as did the other one.

"Kaplan!?" One shouted, getting his gun ready.

"It's a dormant defense mechanism; we must've tripped it when we opened the door." He said.

"Put it back to sleep than!"

"I'm working on it!"

No, no, no! This can't be happening.

Panic filled both rooms as the soldiers armed themselves to see what they were about to face. I watched terrified as Alice peered through the window as well.

"Kaplan! Open the door." Alice screamed. I was unable to tear my eyes away as a laser of light sliced the Medic's head off along with one of the Caucasian man's fingers off.

"Open the door!" Spence shouted.

"I'm trying!" Kaplan gritted out. He was frantically typing on the computers as sweat poured from his eyebrow. I felt tears in my eyes as I watched. Alice started banging on the door in fear and anger.

"Something's killing them in there!" Alice shouted over her shoulder.

"Sir, it's coming back!" The other man shouted at One. I saw him jump, apparently thinking it would come lower this time but instead it cut him in half before both halves fell over. One jumped up, managing to stay stiffly straight in the air as the laser slice part of his revolver holder off.

"Come on, come on." Spence urged the computer.

One jumped down after it disappeared and prepared again to jump when the laser turned into a net, making it impossible to avoid.

"Kaplan!" Alice shouted again.

"Running bypass!" Kaplan shouted.

"Shit." One whispered right before the net pierced through his entire body and disappeared. I stood petrified as the doors opened and he fell into pieces. Tears were flowing freely down my face as Alice covered her mouth in shock. I began to walk forward when Alice grabbed me and wrapped her arms around me, tearing my eyes away from their bodies but it was too late – I already had the image stained into memory.

"Whoa, man. What are you doing?" Spence asked, I looked up to see Kaplan slowly walk towards us.

"Alright, let's do it." Kaplan said, trying to sound confident.

"What?" Spence asked.

"We have to complete the mission." Spence gave him a look.

"Are you insane!? There's no way I'm going in there! And neither is she! She shouldn't even be down here! She's just a kid!" He refused, pointing at me. I resisted the urge to disagree, I was actually eighteen.

"Her defenses are down." Kaplan insisted.

"Déjà vu, anyone?" Spence said, sarcastically. Kaplan inched closer to the door, noticeably sweating more. He refused to look at the dead bodies of his former comrades as he continued on. Once he was half way, Alice spoke.

"I'm going to help." She said. She started walking and I followed quickly. I heard Spence curse in frustration as we left. Kaplan was startled when Alice placed her hand on his shoulder but continued forward until we were in the room.

"What the hell is that thing?" I asked as I eyed the metal device he pulled out. Kaplan smiled at me.

"This will shut the Red Queen down. It delivers a massive electrical charge and forces her mainframe to shut down." Alice and Kaplan connected a metal column when a voice startled me.

"Get out! Get out! You can't be in here." An English accented little girl's voice called from beside me. I jumped back into the corner to see the holographic replica of Angela Ashford, my mouth dropped.

"Don't listen to her. She's the holographic representation of the Red Queen modeled after the programmer's daughter. She'll try to deceive us." Kaplan informed, ignoring the hologram. I stared at her; she looked exactly like Angie except she was entirely red and seemed to have a bitchy deposition.

"I wouldn't advise this. Shutting me down will result in the loss of primary power." She almost sounded like she was pleading.

Can super computers even have human emotions?

"She'll say anything to stop us from shutting her down." Kaplan said, getting irritated.

"I implore you." She tried again.

"Implore away!" Kaplan shot back.

"Please?" He ignored her as Alice watched almost fascinated. The Red Queen turned to look at him straight in the eye.

"You're all going to die down here." I felt my stomach dropped because deep down, I knew she was probably right. Kaplan stared back as he pressed the button, she disappeared and with her the power cut off, shrouding us in darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just incase you're wondering. Adrienne is portrayed by the beautiul and talented Aaliyah, rest in peace. And of course the actors/actresses are the same.

I haven't decided who Adrienne will end up with but there's a 95% chance it is Rain and yes, she does live because I was pissed when she died.

Also, if you have a problem with same sex couples please don't send me hate mail, I don't read them and I don't care what you think. Love is love, why should anyone judge a person by who they feel emotionally, romantically, sexually, and physically attracted to?

On another note, I haven't decided if I'm continuing my other stories on here. I've lost a bit of my creavity and passion for them. But if I do end up deleting them let me know and I'll give you permission to use them as yours as long as my name is in there so let me know!