Status: It's on like Donkey Kong.

I Remember

I'm Broken, Do You Hear Me?

Niall sat in one of the many booths at Nando’s, sulking at his growling stomach. He sighed, and pulled out his phone to dial Liam’s number. He slumped over in his seat as he waited for him to pick up.

“Nialler!” Liam didn’t even hesitate to answer as he saw that the blonde boy was calling him.

“Liam! Help!”

“What’s wrong, did something happen?” Liam furrowed his brows in worry and waited for a response.

“I’m at Nando’s and I don’t have any money. Oh god, I’m so hungry, Liam. You have to help me.”

“Oh my god, Niall. This again?” Liam mentally slapped himself for answering the phone in the first place.

“They won’t let me charge the food to my account, they said they don’t trust me.”

Liam exhaled slowly and placed a hand on his temple.

“Fine, Niall, I’ll be there soon.”

“Hurry, Liam! I’m starving!”

Liam hung up the phone and scolded himself for agreeing to meet Niall at the restaurant.

“Why am I always the one to pay...” He grumbled to himself as he made his way out of the apartment.

---------

Liam walked in through the front entrance and looked around, craning his neck to see over the large crowd gathering in the restaurant. He was debating on going to check the men’s room for his Irish friend when he was suddenly tackled to the floor.

“Liam!”

Liam groaned in mock protest as he was crushed by Niall’s petite frame.

“Nice to see you too, Niall,” he grumbled. “Now what do you want?”

Niall stared down at him with his bright blue orbs and smiled innocently.

“Everything!”

Liam pushed Niall off of him and slowly began to stand up, shaking his head to himself.

“I only have so much money, man.”

“But... I’m so hungry.” He drew out the last syllable of his words and clutched his stomach for dramatic effect.

“Calm down, Niall, you can settle for just getting one thing.”

Niall’s eyes widened and his jaw dropped to the floor.

“One thing?! Liam, have you seen me eat? I need sustenance! I’m a growing boy! Call Paul, he’ll have more money!”

Liam grabbed Niall’s shoulders and shook him firmly but gently.

“NIALL. Snap out of it, you’ll be fine.” He walked up to the counter and glanced at the menu quickly before shooting the girl behind the register a quick smile. “We’ll have a number six and a number three, please.” Liam quickly paid for the food and walked over to Niall, who looked like he was about to have a mental breakdown.

“Liam, I need more food than that, I’m DYING!” Niall dramatically reached into the distance, squinting his eyes. “I think.. I think I can see my gran.. Liam, is that- Is that a giant hamburger? Oh god, I’m really dying!”

Liam quickly grabbed their food off the counter and shoved it into Niall’s mouth.

“Now shut up and chew.”

Niall shot Liam a grin through his food, earning a grimace from his best mate.

“Absolutely charming.” Liam deadpanned.

Niall reached over and grabbed a piece of Liam’s chicken, popping it into his mouth and then proceeding to finish off his own meal.

Liam simply sighed and placed his head on the table, knowing he wouldn’t win against Niall when it came to food.

“Niall, you do know that I need to eat too, right?” Liam placed his chin in his hand and raised his eyebrows.

“Shhhh... I love you Liam, but don’t talk while I’m eating.”

Liam rolled his eyes and grumbled.

“Love you too.” he said, sarcasm dripping off his words.

Niall ignored his sarcasm and pulled out his phone. “Look, Liam! I took a picture.” He shoved his phone into Liam’s face and showed him the photo he took earlier.

“When did you take that?” Liam smiled slightly.

“I took it when I was dying of hunger, Li.”

“Aw, look at little Niall. I think you owe me your life now, after I saved you from dying in the most
horrid of ways, you know.” Liam smirked and took a sip of his drink.

“But... Can’t you just keep buying me food?” Niall smiled hopefully.

“But what am I getting out of this?!”

“My unconditional love?” Niall batted his puppy dog eyelashes and made his lip quiver.

Liam shot Niall a side glance and narrowed his eyes. “Unconditional and undying?”

“Well...”

“Well? Tsk tsk, that won’t get you more food.” Liam grabbed his box of chicken and took one piece out, waving it around in Niall’s face. Niall’s eyes followed the food and he looked like he was about to start drooling, when Liam suddenly popped the piece of chicken into his mouth, groaning in pleasure. “Mmm, that tastes so good.”

Niall made a small noise and then grabbed the chicken out of Liam’s hand, bolting up from their table and towards the door, holding his snapback in place so it didn’t go flying into the air.

“YOU’LL NEVER CATCH ME ALIVE, LIAM.”

Liam stood still in his place and responded calmly, “Maybe not, but you’ll have to come back if you want more.”

Niall took his hand off the door handle and slowly turned toward Liam.

“But...”

Liam smirked and raised an eyebrow. “But what?”

Niall looked around frantically until his eyes came to rest on the utensil shelf. He grabbed a spoon and pointed it towards Liam, Harry Potter style.

Liam grimaced and took a small step backwards. “Niall... W-what are you doing with that?

“Give me the food, Liam.”

“Niall, put down the spoon.

“No, Liam!”

“NIALL. I SAID PUT. IT. DOWN.” Liam started to back up quickly and tripped over a chair, stumbling but managing to stay standing. Niall waved the spoon closer and Liam shouted, “I’LL NEVER BUY YOU FOOD AGAIN!”

Niall froze in his spot and lowered the spoon, hesitating.

“Put the spoon down and I’ll give you the chicken.”

Niall narrowed his eyes and stepped closer, waving the spoon menacingly. “You’re lying. What’s the catch?”

Liam gulped and responded, “No catch, just put down the spoon or you’ll never see this chicken again.” Liam raised his arm with the chicken in hand and held it above a trash bin.

“NO!” Niall yelled and leapt towards the bin. Liam threw the box at Niall and sidestepped him, running out of Nando’s with the chicken in hand.

“LIAM! LIAM WHY IS THE BOX EMPTY! GET BACK HERE!” Niall came barrelling out of the restaurant laughing at the stupidity of the situation, sprinting towards Liam at full speed and getting closer with each step.

“Oh my god, is that Liam and Niall?!” Niall heard someone on the sidewalk screech. Just as he turned his head to look towards them, the toe of Niall’s shoe caught on the sidewalk and Niall toppled forward, somersaulting on the sidewalk. His head hit the ground with a loud ‘crack’ and he started to feel extremely lightheaded. He curled into a ball on the pavement, groaning as he clutched his skull.

“Niall?! Oh my god, Niall are you okay? Say something!” Liam had dropped whatever he was holding and ran over to the Irish boy’s crumpled form on the ground in a panic. He just looked up at Liam as his eyes began to roll back into his head, and he let out another pained sigh before he finally blacked out.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my first story, so bear with me. I'm still getting the hang of this, haha.
But hello! My name is Erin, and the co-author of this story is Nikki. We decided to give this writing thing a go, and we stayed up all night writing the first five or so chapters of this. So thank you for reading, and let me know what you think!
<3 xx