Status: It's on like Donkey Kong.

I Remember

I'm Blinded, 'Cause You Are Everything I See

“Niall! Answer me!” Liam shouted at the limp body in his arms. “Somebody call 911! Help me! Someone, please!” Liam shouted at the onlooking crowd, yet no one seemed to be picking up their phones other than to take photos and videos of the two famous stars on the ground. Liam clumsily found his phone and dialed 911.

“911, what’s your emergency?”

“Help! You’ve got to help me! My mate just fell and the next thing I knew, he blacked out! You’ve got to come quick!”

“Calm down sir. We have tracked your location and medics are on their way.”

Liam hung up the phone and dropped it to the ground before he clung to the blonde lump in his arms, rocking back and forth. Quiet sobs came from his body as the breathing of the boy beneath him got weaker and shakier.

“Niall. Stay with me, Niall. Oh for God’s sake, Niall, don’t do this to me now.” Liam pleaded between gasps for air.

--------------

A few minutes passed and the crowd around Niall and Liam was slowly growing. Liam hardly noticed when the medics arrived. They came barreling through the crowd and immediately started tending to Niall. They didn’t ask any questions, and just continued on with their usual protocol. They put a temporary white bandage around his head to try and ease the bleeding while carefully placing him onto a stretcher.

Liam was invited into the back of the ambulance to accompany his fellow band member. The entire ride to the hospital, Liam watched through tear filled eyes as his friend was hooked up to multiple machines that were all buzzing with different sounds.

The moment they arrived at the hospital, it looked like a swat truck unloading. All of the medics rushed out of the ambulance and scurried away to bring the still rather unconscious Niall to the emergency room. Liam followed no further than 2 steps behind the doctors, but when they reached the ER the doctors had to stop him.

“I’m sorry son, but you can’t be in here. Authorized personnel only.”

“But, I can’t leave him alone, he’ll be terrified! I’m his best friend; I just want to make sure he’s okay!” Liam protested. After a minute or so of debating with the doctor, Liam was too exhausted to continue fighting, so he headed out to the waiting room to call the other members.
He carefully dialed each of their phone numbers.

“Niall’s in trouble, get to the hospital asap.” Is all Liam would say before hanging up. He couldn’t bear talking about it further.

Soon the other 3 members rushed into the hospital and spotted Liam sitting in the corner with his head in his hands. If Liam hadn’t run out of tears before they came, they surely would have heard him when they arrived. The other boys immediately rushed over to their puffy-eyed companion and started to comfort him as he told them every detail up until this moment.

----------------

After 3 hours Niall finally woke up in the hospital room. The room was grossly bright and shiny white. Not to mention the overwhelming smell of antiseptics that filled the room was nauseating. Niall suddenly registered that he was in a hospital. But why was he here? He tried to sit up, but was much too weak. Panic started to set in and the next thing he knew the heart monitor next to him started going crazy and he wanted nothing more than to shut it up.

Liam was still waiting rather impatiently and pacing in the waiting room when a small herd of doctors came rushing by like a bunch of antelopes towards Niall’s room. Liam started to panic again and roughly stopped one of the doctors.

“I-is he okay? Everything's okay, right?” Liam begged.

"We'll let you know soon, for now it would be best if you sat down" the doctor hastily replied, then hurried into Niall’s room.

That answer wasn’t good enough for Liam, so he carefully followed the doctors into the room, making sure the others were distracted by answering questions for the press outside. Liam waited a few seconds before carefully nudging the door open. Big mistake. He had opened the door to a totally freaked out Niall. Then before he could say anything, the doctors injected something into his arm, causing the boy to go limp once more.

“What the hell was that for?! Didn’t you see he was fine?! he just needed someone there to reassure him! Why did you do that?!” Liam yelled frantically.

Zayn heard the yelling and immediately left the cameras outside to come help Liam. He ended up having to drag a ruthless and thrashing Liam out of the room. He practically threw Liam into the wall yelling:

“Get it together man! You can’t go rushing in there like that! I know we’re all worried about him, but we need to cooperate with the doctors!”

“Yeah but--”

“No ‘buts’! Do it for Niall’s sake!”

Niall wasn’t completely knocked out just yet, and was able to make out that there were two figures screaming in the doorway and that one had been removed from the room, but who was it? Niall didn’t have time to figure it out before the world went black, yet again.

-------------

The next time Niall woke up, he was still in the same room, in the same bed, still knowing the same bunch of NOTHING that he knew before. The room was eerily quiet so Niall flopped over to face the door. “Hello?” he called out to see if there was any reply.

Meanwhile, outside the room Liam finally got permission to go see Niall because they felt he was finally ‘stable enough’. Liam proceeded quietly and slowly into the room, making sure to make as little noise as possible, you know, in case Niall was still catching some z’s.

“Niall? You awake?” Liam cooed softly as he poked his head into the door.

Niall just stared blankly at the man entering his room. He blinked a few times, then furrowed his brow after a few seconds.

“Who are you...?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Drama ensues! How do you guys think Niall will overcome this, guys?
Anyways, we were bored so we decided to update the second chapter tonight.
Thanks for everyone whose started reading this story, and our one subscriber haha <3
- Nikki xx