Sequel: Here With Me

Sunday in New York

Flightless Bird, American Mouth

Image

October 27th: Thursday

The airport was rather busy today, people bustling about to and fro, announcements over the intercom. Hudson had taken me to the airport and we were saying our goodbyes before I had to go through customs.

He leaned down and rested his forehead against mine, gently running his fingers through my hair. "I love you Avery, don't worry, this is only a three hour flight, it'll go by quickly." He could sense my nervousness.

I nodded and sighed, even though he reassured me that everything was gonna be fine, my stomach was still churning with fear. This was my first flight...ever.

"I gotta go. I love you Hudson, and good luck with the show." I smiled, trying my best to reassure him that I was fine.

"Thanks. Text me when you arrive, let me know how the flight was." He smiled, stroking my face and kissing me one last time.

I blushed, "Okay. Bye." I pecked his cheek and walked toward the line for the customs. I looked over my shoulder and watched him disappear in the crowd.

After going through the tedious process of checking my bags and such, I made it to the terminal and soon after boarded the plane. I glanced around, silently panicking when I didn't see Christian on the plane. I looked away and stared out the window. Abruptly the seat next to me was taken by Christian.

I gave a sigh of relief as he grinned at me.

"Fashionably late." He smiled.

I just smiled.

"Did you think I wasn't coming?" He asked.

I bit my lip and nodded.

He chuckled and stood up, putting his carry-on in the baggage compartment above our seats. He watched me the whole time and quickly sat back down, not taking his eyes off me the whole time.

"Are you alright?" He furrowed his brow.

I took in deep breath and forced myself to laugh. "Yeah, I'm great." I nervously laughed, clumsily trying to buckle the seatbelt.

He then took my hand and stopped me. "What is it?" He then proceeded to slowly buckle the seatbelt and pulling it snug against me.

I hesitated. "I'm really nervous...about the flight."

A small smile crept on his face. "You're not good with flying?"

I shook my head. "I don't know. I've never flown before."

He stopped and slowly looked up at me with surprise. "Huh?"

I repeated myself, feeling somewhat embarrassed.

He lightly laughed but stopped himself. "Never?"

"Never." I sighed, looking out the window.

"Never?" He asked again.

"Never!" I was getting annoyed.

He laughed again. "I'm sorry. I just assumed you have."

I bit my lip and looked down, hearing and feeling the plane's engine hum louder. An announcement over the intercom telling the passengers to fasten their seat belts was heard as the flight attendants all walked around assisting everyone.

As Christian fastened his, a female stewardess approached him. "Do you need help sir?" She had a slight smirk on her overly made up face, eyeing him like a lion -or in this case lioness- eyes it's prey. I couldn't help but wonder if that was the same look Christian would give the girls.

He shook his head and stared ahead. "No thank you, I can manage."

She nodded, a look of disappointment across her face, she looked at me. "How 'bout you?" She sounded annoyed.

Before I could answer, Christian butted in. "My wife and I can manage thank you, I've fastened hers already."

Her eyes widened and she quickly nodded, leaving right away.

I looked at him with an amused look. "Wife? Now I don't even think I could imagine that."

He chuckled. "Now I understand why you want to work for National Geographic."

I was confused for a moment but realized he changed the subject, going back to the whole flight thing. I shrugged my shoulders. "Travelling has always been a dream of mine."

"Why haven't you traveled before?"

I paused for a moment and looked down. "My family could never afford it."

He gave a single nod.

The plane's engine grew louder and the aircraft began moving, sending my mind racing and my stomach into doing somersaults. I swallowed hard and tensed up. He then held out his hand. I looked up at him.

With a gentle smile, he continued holding out his hand. Slowly I let my hesitation dissipate and I placed my hand in his.

"Just until the plane steadies...it will won't it?" I nervously asked, breathing shallowly.

"I hope not." He murmured.

I stared into his pale blue eyes that were complemented by his dark lashes. I swallowed and couldn't tear myself away from his gaze. His lips formed into a soft smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Leave a Comment and Subscribe :}

I'm thinking of changing the story title, any suggestions? This title was created by my former co-writer and I never really dug it.