Sequel: Here With Me

Sunday in New York

Too Drunk To...

Image

Stumbling out of the taxi, I fell on the sidewalk laughing and singing as Christian helped me back up. Yes, I was drunk, a state I was not familiar with as I was always the designated driver and the good girl. Christian only had two beers all night, one at the bar and one at the festival. I lost count of how many I had.

Christian laughed as he wrapped his arm around me, guiding me around the hotel to the private entrance as I sang (or slurred) a Dead Kennedys song;

"Went to a party
I danced all night
I drank 16 beers
And I started up a fight

But now I am jaded
You're out of luck
I'm rolling down the stairs
Too drunk to fuck."


He laughed as he tried to shush me while we walked by the pool, noticing a couple lights turning on in the rooms above us. I laughed and mocked him, stopping to take off my shoes.

"I've never heard you swear before." He smirked, his arms crossed over his chest as he watched me.

Now sitting down and pulling my sneakers off, I looked up at him with a grin. "Didn't we say earlier that we don't know much about each other?"

He nodded.

"Let's go swimming." I chuckled, standing up and unzipping my dress.

"Oh, Avery I'm not sure that's a good idea." He hesitated.

I let my dress drop to the ground and I was now only in a slip. "C'mon Christian, live a little." I giggled, walking toward the pool. "Join me!" I then jumped into the pool and swam around, laughing and waiting for him.

He shook his head and chuckled, kicking off his shoes, taking off his socks and pulling his v-neck t-shirt off over his head revealing a very sculpted (and pleasing to the eye) body.

"Hello six-pack!" I yelled as I splashed around the pool. He started to laugh as he undid his jeans and pushed them down, stepping out of them.

"That water better not be cold." He chuckled, walking toward the water.

"It's nice." I grinned. He then jumped into the water, splashing me with water. We laughed as we swam around and splashed each other, fooling around. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his arms around me.

"This is nice." I smiled, watching him.

"It is." He smiled back.

I watched him and looked into his eyes that seemed even more blue from the reflection of the water. I gently moved his hair away from his face and smiled. "Your eyes are amazing."

He blushed and started to laugh. "Thanks." He then gently placed his hand on the side of my face, moving his thumb over the scar on my forehead. "I wish I knew what this was from." He murmured.

I closed my eyes. "Let's go to the room, it's late."

He softly smiled and nodded. "Okay."

Up in the room, I felt so tired and like I was about to pass out. I walked into the bathroom and changed into some dry clothes, my pyjamas as I dried my hair with a towel. I came back out and Christian was in the room. He chuckled as he stepped forward and took the towel, drying my hair.

I smiled at him and then shuffled to my bed, lying down and sighing from being tired. He sat on the bed next to me and watched me for a moment. I looked up at him.

"It's from an ex-boyfriend." I whispered, referring to the scar on my face. I then touched my collarbone, showing him another one. "This one too." And I turned over and touched the scar on the back of my shoulder. "And this." These scars were from years of abuse; that night I was put in the hospital wasn't the first time he hit me, but it was the first time anyone found out about it and it was the last straw. I knew I had to end things once and for all.

His expression dropped and he looked down, letting out a sigh. "I'm so sorry."

I shook my head. "I was with him for four years. Hudson saved me from that relationship."

"I couldn't imagine anyone hurting you." He spoke.

"Hudson is the complete opposite of what Eric was. He's so protective of me and he...he loves me." I yawned, starting to doze off. I'm sure Eric loved me, in some twisted way, but Hudson's is a real love.

"Then...I'm glad you're with him. That's what you deserve." He murmured, "And you're happy with him?"

I smiled and nodded, "Happier than a bird with a french fry."

He chuckled and pulled the blanket over me before standing up and walking to the door. "That's good. Goodnight Avery." He flicked off the light.

"G'night." I whispered with a smile as I fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and Subscribe :)